Author Topic: please ,please press paws for us  (Read 8603 times)

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
Re: please ,please press paws for us
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2007, 21:34:23 PM »
its terrible lynn they can back out right up to the exchanging contracts ( thats the last min ) even when you have paid for serch fees and that

gerzumping is when - you offer is accepted and someone eles offers  more and they end up getting it ( it can be over the asking price )

its better in scotland cause once you accept a offer its basically yours , here its not set in stone untill everything is tied up and you have the keys

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2007, 17:50:48 PM »
could they still back out if they wanted to cosmic ?? england has something called gazumping dont you ??

we dont have that here, once you've put in your offer and that gets accepted etc your legally bound.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2007, 17:45:07 PM »
yep i know , but the house 2 doors down the same as ars has now gone up for sale at the same price so we didnt want them to see it

although ours is probably nicer inside  :evillaugh: mi hubby said i have to stop been catty ( get it catty  :rofl: )  ignor me its been a long day with a teething 1 yr old

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2007, 12:40:08 PM »
Never mind Cosmic - it's a good sign - shows they're keen.  It's all good karma....     ;D

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2007, 12:23:06 PM »
he works for mi dad  :shy:

he fits , installs ,  mends petrol stations pumps underground and electrical equiptment he is a engineer and he goes to night school as well as he is training to be a sparkie , he has done 2 yrs and has distinctions up to now , he only has a yr left

oh i thought the house showing was all over but the estate agent has just rang to say that our buyers want to come and measure up tomorrow  >:( i have to go through the house tidying again and we have boxes everywere  >:( and we wanted to go shopping for mi daughters bday pressie
why cant they just wait till they move in , we are .
i hate this moving house lark  :(

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2007, 11:38:02 AM »
yes cosmic, australia is meant to be pretty good school wise etc and they have i think reduced the points you need to go (emmigration to certain countries work on a point scoring) canada being one of the lowest so easiest places to get into .

We would like to aswell, almost did through hubbys work but since he's changing jobs we'll be here for the forseeable future.

What does your hubby do ? any chance of you getting an ex pat post through his work ?

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2007, 08:41:21 AM »
gill thats terrible  :(

lynne - nothing is impossible i want a better quality of life  , ian works all hours and hardly sees the girls we want to emmigrate to Australia so as were getting a bargine with the new house and can see the potential one day we might get there were only 28 yrs
everyone has a dream

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2007, 07:58:34 AM »
cosmic, yep we still love the design of that house and have high hopes.  of course this isnt something that will commence immediately as i said find where to build it will be the biggest stumbling block (esp one where we'll get planning permision granted).  We dont really want the hassle/inconvenience to be honest but its the only way we will be able to afford a decent sized house (well around the size we want) and with a layout we kinda of want and be able to afford it.

At the moment it seems like a huge mountain but then SO MANY others do it round here we keep telling ourselves if they can why cant we, hey you never know in a couple of years i might be able to invite you all to a house warming party  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2007, 01:04:11 AM »
It was Cosmic and I only had Kocka then and she died 6 months later, I think it helped to kill her  :'( :'( :'(

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2007, 20:24:10 PM »
ohhh gill what a nightmare

what about the poor cats

even though we are going 5 mins away we have to putmoomin and mango in the cattery as we have to have the house plastered from top to bottom ( its a fab one though and woman is lovely )

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2007, 17:38:19 PM »
Great that the next sep is done but as you say its not over till you exchange contracts  ;D

In my case that wasnt the end of it either, cos the day we set off on the trk acrosss country from London to Wales, a phone call came in from my solicitor as we just hit the M4, that the person who had messed me around for over two months on top of 4 months when he stopped someone else buying, had said he didnt have the money. My furniture was also on route as it had left the day before.

I arrived in the agents office in Wales around 1500, my furniture was outside the new property and I was on phone with solicitors and agents till 1700 when it was finally sorted, then I couldnt move in cos the guy had had to send the vehicles moving him away. I did not gain possesion til midnight on the monday cos couldnt get the guy out and had to stay over the weekend with a friend.

jhalf of my stuff was in my friends basement and it took another month before I could get them to bring it over and all my stuff in the house was crammed floor to ceiling and wall to wall in what is now the study, plus some stuff was in a shed.

Now I am here I have a nasty neighbour and lot of locals are anti english! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh and it never stops flaming raining.

So Cosmic, I think 5mins down your road, sounds wonderful and I wish you no nightmares and a plain sailing move  ;D

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2007, 15:20:44 PM »
lynn , what happend wi that house you liked the design of ?

are you selling yours or having 2  ;D

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2007, 15:13:50 PM »
we lived in a tiny 2 bed hose and i dreamed of extra loos playroom en suit  ... it all comes wi a massive mort and its not all it cracked up to be

we stay in our house miserable most of the time and wi a 2 and 4 yr old we would rather have the nice fun hols and a bit of extra cash  ;)

we will still have a lovely house,  a home is what u make it  ;)

will miss the extra loos though  :evillaugh: then again who needs 3

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2007, 15:09:20 PM »
Well done Cosmic! I can uncross my toes now  :rofl:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2007, 15:05:52 PM »
congrats cosmic..we're hoping to do the exact opposite of what you doing LOL..altho we've got a massive garden here has our land (inc the bit the house takes up lol) is nearly half an acre anyway...the country has some pros aswell as the negs i guess but i cant wait till i have a SEPARATE dining room / playroom / family room / extra loo's LOL LOL :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2007, 15:05:14 PM »
great news cosmic, it sounds fantastic

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2007, 15:01:05 PM »
we got the mortgage  ;D

we are moving from a 3 bed detached wi playroom massive kitchen diner big room and en suite and downstairs loo
to a
3 bed detached 5 mins away small kitchen living room diner no en suit no down stairs loo no playroom but it has a massive garden for my cattery and the kids will love it and we wil be dept free and have 7 grand to do it up so we will be happier in the long run

i am relieved thankyou all for your crossed paws and well whishes

its not all over till the contracts are exchanged though  :sick:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2007, 07:05:14 AM »
got fingers crossed Cosmic

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2007, 00:55:30 AM »
I hope it goes well for you  ;D

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2007, 20:43:19 PM »
poor you cosmic but hopefully the sun will shine for you tomorrow, we're the same waiting to hear what this new company are going to offer dh as to whether he accepts it or not.

ps what was / is the prop ?

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2007, 19:44:51 PM »
int it awfull  :Crazy:

well the financial advisor rang at 5.45 pm and said that our mort application has been refered so he will have to talk to someone tomorrow  :scared: thats anouther night with no sleep he did say that it was a good thing that they hadnt said no and that it might be just to ask a few questions  :scared:

we have got the 7 grand reserve but we need all of that money fo the prop  :(

ill see ehat tomorrow brings  :doh:  just hope i done have to wait all day  :sick:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2007, 16:28:54 PM »
was it good news today cosmic ??

hubby and me spent all weekend scouring the web for decent plots near to us..we could get but its connor schooling with his wee probs is my dilema, whether we should move him or not..if we keep him at the current school which to be honest im hoping for (rightly or wrongly im not too sure) then we could be looking for a long time groan...but we have seen a house we really like the design of  ;D, not a fancy house but a nice one.  of course we have no idea how to finance this yet LOL or where we'd stay or anyting like that so i suppose some financial advise would be best before we make any other plans LOL

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2007, 19:42:12 PM »
today we have cleaned out our loft and our utility room and the garden shed

we are now sat in a living room full of things to go to the dump in the morn and the garden is full of things to go too and im knackered
i cant believe how much rubbish we have

horded over the last 5 yrs  :sick:

is the packing next  :Crazy:

and im panicking over the mortgage going through mon  :-:

it is nice to have a good clear out and a fresh start though , and mango an moomin are having fun jumping in and around the bags and boxes  :wow: my friends call me ms bouquet so theres nothing normally out of place for them to jump all over , they think it is great

please keep your paws crossed for monday for us , you lucky lot xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 17:31:51 PM »
Fingers crossed for the mortgage going through OK, Cosmic - let us know when you hear!
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2007, 17:23:52 PM »
so yep reckon your stuck with me and im stuck with oh so not sunny ne scotland LOL

Delighted to hear we are stuck with you Lynn but must be unnerving time for your hubby. Hope he doesn't ruin your spare time whingeing on about it like my OH does.  My OH has been complaining about him being about to lose or change his job for the last 17 years. I try and fluffybanana a deaf un but difficult sometimes. He's been in London all week so my peace is due to be disturbed again before 7pm. He will open the door and shout "are you ready?" so we can go to pub immediately for the latest whinge to start.  I've missed him really  ;)

House prices... well we are 3 bed end of terrace in rather nice part of Brum (yes that's right Brum has some lovely spots thank you). Our terraced neighbours are putting their house on market in a week or so for £375,000 B***** Nora!  We could sell of course but I would not want to live anywhere else. Idea is for me to leave in a box one day

Many congrats Cosmic on offer being accepted. Hope you will be as happy in your new home as we have been here.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2007, 17:07:42 PM »
Good luck! :D

I have dreams of me and bf owning our own house with a huge garden for kitties one day, but it seems to get more and more impossible as time goes by!

Someday  :innocent:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 15:07:11 PM »
ive heard of that morgage sharing but what about the familys in their late twenties/thirties with the 2.4 children ??? i guess the wife will often be forced to work but then by the time childcare is paid her wages wont be massive (in normal job roles)

jees what a state of affairs and i cant understand why house prices have risen so much anyway..i dont understand all that economy stuff at the best of times but seems to me if folk refused to pay the prices then surely nationwide the prices would have to drop abit or is that just pie in the sky??

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 14:16:08 PM »

A flat in Fulham is on my list of things to buy when I'm stinkingly rich - (cos I want to be near the football)

Yes, from our back garden we can tell the score at either Chelsea or Fulham (depending who's playing) by the cheers and groans from the crowd  :rofl:

now onto this house prices.... i knew it was alot dearer down that way but hells bells..what do folk do ?? how do peeps get morgages for such huge amounts and still be able to live ?

I think a lot of the young folk share interest-only mortgages?

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 14:06:50 PM »
congrats cosmic on your offer being accepted.

now onto this house prices.... i knew it was alot dearer down that way but hells bells..what do folk do ?? i mean yes your wages are probably slightly higher in leu but surely there isnt that much of a difference. 

how do peeps get morgages for such huge amounts and still be able to live ?

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 13:26:52 PM »
For 220 - 270K here you would get a 2 bed semi !!!!!!

If it makes folks feel better (and it should, if you don't have to live here) £270k currently gets purchasers a one bedroom flat in Fulham.  Although I've noticed that people are paying much more than that for one bedroom flats too; not sure what you could get for £220k here...

Daft, isn't it?

A flat in Fulham is on my list of things to buy when I'm stinkingly rich - (cos I want to be near the football)

It's weird that I'm the first generation of my family (in over 200 years) that can't afford to live there! It's always been a working class area.

Anyway, Congrats Cosmic, hope the rest of the move goes smoothly   :luck:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 08:09:56 AM »
I know Sue - it's madness.  I was reading recently in a local paper about some houses near me.  They're mainly tereraced houses and about 6/7 years ago they went for about £50000 (and if I'd got my financial act together then I probably could have afforded one) - now most of them go for over £200000. 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 07:54:28 AM »
Think the way house prices have gone up this last five years is sheer lunacy.  We moved in 2001 - sold our last two bedoomed terraced (ex pit house) for £27,950.00.  We'd lived there 19 years and bought it for £15,800.

It sold again last August for £110,000.  I think it just puts people further and further away from being able to afford a reasonable property to live in.  Renting's fine if you want to rent, and I know some people prefer it, but choice is good

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 07:49:03 AM »
Fingers and paws crossed here that the mortgage applications has the desired result and Mango gets her large garden!

House prices depress me a lot, particularly my failure to get on the property ladder.  If you're a single person it's so hard with only one salary.  Even though I'm on an above average salary, 3 times that wouldn't buy me a garden shed around here :(
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 07:51:06 AM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 07:15:56 AM »
Yippeeee Cosmic!    :drink:

:luck: for the mortgage application

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 21:35:41 PM »
the worlds gone mad  :evillaugh:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 21:13:22 PM »

If it makes folks feel better (and it should, if you don't have to live here) £270k currently gets purchasers a one bedroom flat in Fulham.  Although I've noticed that people are paying much more than that for one bedroom flats too; not sure what you could get for £220k here...

Daft, isn't it?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 20:45:58 PM »
great news  ;D

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 20:36:01 PM »

so for a medium sized 4 bed house (newish build) we'd be expecting to pay around 220 - 270+ ish K...

Flipping 'Eck i am living in the wrong part of the country (but i knew that lol)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 20:34:19 PM »
Brilliant news Cosmic  :attention: :attention: :Party 3:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 19:58:10 PM »
 :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: What a relief eh? - now the fun really begins!!!

Link to CatChat