Author Topic: What is the procedure with emergency vets? Willow feeling a lot better with pics  (Read 2675 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
 :catluv: :catluv: :catluv: :catluv: :catluv: :catluv: :catluv:

Love you lots Willow and want to see you enjoyng the sunshine that is still yet to come.

Mary xx
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
She is on the mend although seems really drowsy. I phoned the vet today to ask if it is the Fortekor but he said so. I asked if it was because of the CRF - he said could be but bring her in if she dosn't perk up. She has perked up during the day so fingers crossed......

Pics taken yesterday

I do wipe her eyes but they run constantly  :(

Note 2nd from bottom pic where she was tattooed in France (They tatooed numbers on cats until recently instead of chips)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 00:15:29 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Re: What is the procedure with emergency vets? (got answerphone)
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 19:19:20 PM »
Had to make a jugement call this morning. She wasn't too bright but had been peeing etc. I was back for revision lectures (and tomorrow  :tired: ) but OH said maybe I should stay and keep an eye. It was a hard choice but the lectures were really important and I knew I would be back by mid PM. As it turned out, she was tearing round the house like the old Willow and has decided to join us back in the main living room in the basement  :). There is is a Den/Study attached and she has been living in there for the last week - so all good signs  :)

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 19:51:01 PM »
Good to hear Willow is a bit better :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 19:03:53 PM »
I'm glad she seems better today  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 18:44:21 PM »
I have never seen foxes here although I suppose they get around anywhere. I remember we always had them in London (Islington) but never seen one here in over 4 years.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 20:05:02 PM by Mark »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 18:41:16 PM »
Glad Willow is feeling better and eating.
Do you get foxes in your garden, they can leave a very strong smell which some times upset cats  :sick:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 18:26:17 PM »
She seems a lot better today and is eating well etc. All except when I heard her screaming like never before about 10 minutes ago. I ran to the back door where she was and it seems she was having a fight with the flap. I went straight out but there was no sign of another cat. She was sniffing the wall this morning so I am beginning to wonder if a Tom is the cause of her stress. I saw a neighbour's cat spraying in the garden last week.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 19:16:03 PM by Mark »

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 19:13:20 PM »
All the vets is Worthing seem to be connected to the Animal Hospital, although they only have a skeleton staff out of hours, they are really good and efficient.

I hope that Willow is better.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 18:57:03 PM »
Its good shes eating and seems comfy in bed  ;D

Vets now here sound well staffed  :shocked:have always been 2-3 vets on when iv had to go, the phone is answered by a human too  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 18:41:53 PM »
James seems to know what he's talking about Mark but I bet you are still worried sick aren't you love?  :hug: :hug:

Hope Willow is still in the sunshine - it will be going soon so you will have to give lots of cuddles.

:hug: :hug: to you both.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 17:45:03 PM »
Ah glad the response was a positive one and happy to hear she is now sleeping it off! Hope she keep's improving!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 17:43:07 PM »
James just called back. He said given that it is a stress related condition, the worst thing I can do right now is bundle her into a cage and dump her at a vets. He said just make sure she is drinking and eating and try to keep her calm (She is asleep in a chill cat donut with the sun shining through the window right now)
I said it seemed at odds that she was in a lot of pain but will start eating again. He said that is because she isn't in a lot of pain. It is more like a mild burning sensation - not pleasant but not unbearable. He also said passing mucous is good because it means that she isn't getting blocked. He said it is more of an issue with boys as they have a narrow urethra but rarely dangerous with females as theirs are wider. He said it could still be an episode that will pass but if she is still like it in the morning, it is worth risking stress vs need and to take her in then.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 17:52:52 PM by Mark »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 17:25:02 PM »
I would ring them back Mark just to be on the safe side....I know there will be other emergencies for them to attend to but that dos'nt help when you are worried....Sounding like her body is trying to get shot of something!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 17:24:34 PM »
With mine, it goes through to a call centre out of hours.  They take details and phone number and the vet then rings me back.  I guess it will vary from practice to practice.  I would assume with an answer phone, the vet will pick up the messages and get back to you.  Only problem with that is if the vet is with another pet, s/he will not be able to ring you back immediately.  I doubt there will be more than one vet on call.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 17:23:59 PM »
AH vets are very good at getting back to you... Dont worry maybe they are seeing another patient. There is only one vet and nurse on out of hours. Give it another 20 minutes or so and ring again..
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Willow started squatting again yesterday morning but stopped again and was eating fine etc. In the last hour, she has been squatting in areas for ages and passing more mucous. She has also thrown up lots of water. I phoned the emergency vet and got a voicemail saying leave a message - that was about 20 minutes ago. Is that normal, or should I expect someone to speak to me immediately. She is curled up in her bed now but I am worried about her.

One of the main reasons I use this vet is because they have their own emergency cover.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 00:08:31 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat