Author Topic: kitten, Dublin Ireland.(Sorted)  (Read 3970 times)

Offline madasacatter

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Re: kitten, Dublin Ireland.
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 21:09:41 PM »
Good news indeed.  Also kind offer from your parents to help her when she has recovered and is old enough to go to a new forever home.  :Luv2:

Found this update on one of the boards I frequent:-

The lady who found the cat was put in touch with someone who could help, and shes now with Catsaid, safe and well and being looked after properly.

Well done all round to those who have offered to help.  :thanks:
Coventry Cat Group

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 19:00:44 PM »
That's brilliant news - I think you should tell Cats Aid her name is Róisín, after her rescuer  :)

Offline TKDfox

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 18:21:18 PM »
Good news! One of my local vets has taken the kitten for the moment to give her a check up and she will be given over to Cats Aid, hopefully some time today. She's in good spirits and over the night I managed to get her to eat and drink. This morning she was a bundle of energy! The vet has my number to pass on to the rescue to tell me when she has been rehomed or if she can't find a home my parents said they'd be willing to take her, they have 2 (very spoiled) cats of their own anyway :-)

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 17:48:56 PM »
Hello Róisín and  :welcome: to Purrs

Thank you so much for taking this beautiful kitten under your wing. 

If you are absolutely stuck I can take the kitten but it would be rather costly to transport (I live in the Isle of Man).  If you can get somebody nearer Dublin all the better.  Hopefully Nessa or somebody can help.  But the offer is there if you find you are stuck.

:ahh:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 11:46:57 AM »
Pity the dog was'nt the same!  :innocent:

I have a dog that loathed cats....he is now their underdog!  :evillaugh:

I think in your situation you are wonderful for taking this little one in....many would of just walked on by!  :Luv:

Offline TKDfox

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 09:19:41 AM »
Well done for saving this kittens life. :Luv2:
I have only just came on line or I would have replyed sooner. :'(
I will make enquires in the morning for you...What part of dublin are you in?
Good luck until the morning :hug:

Thanks :-) I've a few numbers to ring this morning. Someone who runs a trap, spay/neuter, release programme got in touch with me last night :-) The kitten is doing well this morning and had eaten some of the food I left with her over the night and drank the water. She's much more lively and not scared anymore   :)

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
    • Animal Care Society (Cork)
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 23:47:49 PM »
Well done for saving this kittens life. :Luv2:
I have only just came on line or I would have replyed sooner. :'(
I will make enquires in the morning for you...What part of dublin are you in?
Good luck until the morning :hug:

annefitz@animalcaresociety.ie
http://www.animalcaresociety.ie/

My grandson Kai David McMahon Fitzgerald Butler was born on the 11/02/09 at 5.03pm weight 8lb 14ozs

Offline TKDfox

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 20:27:16 PM »
Has the kitten got a collar on? Cant tell whether its markings or what? Maybe he/she is lost?  :scared:

She hasn't got a collar on but I'm pretty sure she's from one of the feral colonies. I've posted on all the Irish forums I could find in case she is a missing pet though.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 19:47:45 PM »
Has the kitten got a collar on? Cant tell whether its markings or what? Maybe he/she is lost?  :scared:

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 18:47:31 PM »
What a shame for the poor little mite i wish i could help out but i live in Staffordshire  :(
good luck i'm sure you'll get plenty of help from this forum they're all great :briggin:

Offline TKDfox

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 18:16:26 PM »
I will try and help you find someone over there, I have some contacts with Ireland, as we have adopted a dog from one of the animal rescue sites run from there.  Give me a while to get a reply to my requests for help for her.  :)

Thank you so much!

Offline TKDfox

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 18:15:10 PM »
due to one of my dogs being deathly afraid of cats

I'm not terribly surprised as it looks fearsome :evillaugh:

i could understand her being afraid if she was a small dog (maybe) but she's a big German Shepherd/collie mix!

Offline madasacatter

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 18:13:32 PM »
I will try and help you find someone over there, I have some contacts with Ireland, as we have adopted a dog from one of the animal rescue sites run from there.  Give me a while to get a reply to my requests for help for her.  :)
Coventry Cat Group

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 18:08:48 PM »
due to one of my dogs being deathly afraid of cats

I'm not terribly surprised as it looks fearsome :evillaugh:
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 17:52:52 PM »
The poor little mite  :( well done for taking care of her and I do hope that someone is able to help you with this, lots of luck xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline TKDfox

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 17:46:52 PM »
:welcome: to Purrs

Firstly thank you for taking this little one in, I dread to think what would have happened to her if you hadn't  :hug: I'm not sure that we have any members from Dublin, we have a few from Belfast and a rescue member in Cork - Nessa (A C S) -  http://www.animalcaresociety.ie/- I will PM her and ask her if she's aware of anybody in Dublin that might be able to help.

A lot of rescues are run by volunteers who might work during the day so hopefully you'll hera back from them later.  Have you tried these two?

http://www.dspca.ie/

http://www.bluecross.ie/

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately neither of those places will accept her :( I'll be ringing round again at 6.00 to see if anywhere has opened. I found her next to the tram lines so I dread to think what would have happened if I left her. I'm almost certain she's from one of the local feral colonies. There is a trap and spay/neuter programme in action round here but some of them slip through. If I cannot find anywhere or anyone with experience to take her I'll try keep her until somewhere is available.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 17:34:55 PM »
Have just remembered another of our members lives in Scotland but used to commute to Dublin - will PM her and ask if she knows anyone that may be able to help.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 17:38:13 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 17:29:57 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Firstly thank you for taking this little one in, I dread to think what would have happened to her if you hadn't  :hug: I'm not sure that we have any members from Dublin, we have a few from Belfast and a rescue member in Cork - Nessa (A C S) -  http://www.animalcaresociety.ie/- I will PM her and ask her if she's aware of anybody in Dublin that might be able to help.

A lot of rescues are run by volunteers who might work during the day so hopefully you'll hera back from them later.  Have you tried these two?

http://www.dspca.ie/

http://www.bluecross.ie/

Offline TKDfox

• Kitten
kitten, Dublin Ireland.(Sorted)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 17:06:58 PM »
I am unsure if anyone on this forum is from Dublin but I am in a bit of a tight spot. I found a 5+ week old kitten while walking my dogs this morning and I need to find someone who is willing to take it A.S.A.P I've left emails/voicemails with all my local cat rescues but nobody has got back yet. As much as I would love to keep this kitten I can't due to one of my dogs being deathly afraid of cats (despite the fact that she's a big dog!)  please get back to me if you can help me through my email address r.m.marsh (at) gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Róisín
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 09:02:20 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat