Author Topic: newbie  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: newbie
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 09:36:33 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Bensnan, glad you found us and decided to join in  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 20:46:10 PM »
Welcome to Purrs, looking forward to piccies!

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 20:36:11 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: :welcome: im so glad you decided to join and i hope my little girl is doing well in her new home, :Luv: one condition of joining is lots& lots of  :pic: :hug:
HI
Sparks is a little gem I am going to change her name to maisie tho, i think it's prettier.She is still spending most of the time hiding inthe cupboard in the porch at the moment, although she has ventured out a
couple of times to sit beside me on the sofa. I think she will eventually be friends with the dog, that's if he can stop bouncing around long enough, he's just so excited to have a new friend, there hasn't been any hissing or spitting so signs look good.
We had a panic this morning  my husband (not really a cat man but after 40yrs married to me suffers in silence) informed me the "cat came out to greet him" then (the cat) disappeared again, 10 minutes later he's back :   "I can't find the cat!!!!! I think it's got out!!!!!!!"  off he bolts down the garden looking under bushes while I get dressed just, as I'm putting my shoes on in he comes red faced and puffing "It's okay found her, she's hiding in a box on top off the fridgefreezer!!!!!   oh god I feel sick now"   Bless him he really was worried he'd accidently let her out.  As soon as I have some pics I'll try and post them
                                                                                                                                                                                            Bless her, she is certainly working her magic if he was worried,im sure it wont be long before she is wrapping everyone ,dog included round her paws, she is a little sweetheart and i already miss seeing  her at the shelter, but its worth it all to know she is settling  and i cant wait to see pictures of her and she will have her share of  admirers i just know it as she is so pretty with an attitude to go with it :Luv: :Luv:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 20:37:01 PM by bonnielass »
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 15:26:26 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.... :)

Yes if you had'nt noticed were all  :pic: mad here!  :evillaugh:

Here's a pic you may like... ;)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 14:34:08 PM »
Hiya Bensnan and  :welcome: to Purrs  :)

:rofl: @ the dilemma this morning with your OH  :rofl:

You have a Dog Too  :sneaky:
I'm sure it wont be long before sparks / Maisie becomes friends with the dog  ;) (shows the dog who's boss  :evillaugh: )
once dogs calm down in the presence of their superiors (Cats) that's when the Magic begins  :Luv:

Looking forward to the photos
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 14:35:20 PM by Stuart (Dad to Bridgebabes Hamish & Misty) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Bensnan

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 13:24:21 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: :welcome: im so glad you decided to join and i hope my little girl is doing well in her new home, :Luv: one condition of joining is lots& lots of  :pic: :hug:
HI
Sparks is a little gem I am going to change her name to maisie tho, i think it's prettier.She is still spending most of the time hiding inthe cupboard in the porch at the moment, although she has ventured out a
couple of times to sit beside me on the sofa. I think she will eventually be friends with the dog, that's if he can stop bouncing around long enough, he's just so excited to have a new friend, there hasn't been any hissing or spitting so signs look good.
We had a panic this morning  my husband (not really a cat man but after 40yrs married to me suffers in silence) informed me the "cat came out to greet him" then (the cat) disappeared again, 10 minutes later he's back :   "I can't find the cat!!!!! I think it's got out!!!!!!!"  off he bolts down the garden looking under bushes while I get dressed just, as I'm putting my shoes on in he comes red faced and puffing "It's okay found her, she's hiding in a box on top off the fridgefreezer!!!!!   oh god I feel sick now"   Bless him he really was worried he'd accidently let her out.  As soon as I have some pics I'll try and post them

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 12:50:59 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Bensnan  ;D Hope you'll enjoy it here  :)

Offline Bensnan

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 12:48:24 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs  :wow:
thanks I hope I get the hang of things soon

Offline Bensnan

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 12:46:19 PM »
I and welcome. Looking forward to seeing the pics.
I haven't managed to get many pics yet as she is very shy

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 12:09:14 PM »
I and welcome. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 09:35:11 AM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs  :wow:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 08:49:13 AM »
 :welcome: do post some photos of Sparkey
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 22:11:50 PM »
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 20:59:56 PM »
Hi Bensnan  :welcome: to Purrs,

I'm sure you'll have a great time on here ... we are very friendly.  Looking forward to getting to know you and Sparky better  ;)

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 20:22:31 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: Bensnan

I very much hope Bonnielass warned you about the addictive nature of this stuff and very much hope Sparkey is settling in OK  :)

Offline Bensnan

• Kitten
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 20:06:02 PM »
Hi all
I'm new to this so bear with me bonnielass introduced me on saturday when I adopted Sparkey 

Link to CatChat