Author Topic: Weather  (Read 3861 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Weather
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 14:01:05 PM »
I love that last bir about the milk and carrots LOL.........actually you have reminded me , I must go and bring a spade indoors so I can make paths if it snows. Cos need a path to the shed cos my spade would have been in there LOL........but my potatoes are!

I understand about getting around cos I dont balance well so stick slips on ice and one slip and its flat on face but ever so slowly  :rofl: happens like in slow motion but cant stop falling.

I have car now but also need spade to dig it out of snow I guess, was only learning to drive this time last year. My instructor kept saying just think when you can drive.................................and oh boy is she right! Its been raining wall to wall most of time for last couple of weeks and last year was having to put on layers of clothes, walk trolley a mile plus each way to get to co-op, was so tired all time and now hop in car and I 5 mins away but also can get to all the big new tescoes that have opened, they 12miles plus each way to get there.

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 13:51:27 PM »
Stick a tarp over your greenhouse Gill!

I absolutely loathe snow... it looks pretty but I can either walk a tiny bit with crutches or use a wheelchair and both are an ABSOLUTE  :censored: NIGHTMARE when it's snowy or icy out.... I hate driving in it too  >:(

There's nothing quite as cosy as being snowed in for a few days for a bit of quality time  8) but it's not usually quite so cosy when you're running out of cat litter and the milk is planning a revolution with your carrots...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 23:09:52 PM by Rebecca (beccaviola) »
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 16:40:35 PM »
I couple of christmases ago i spent christmas with my OH's family and my family went to Singapore to spend it with my Mum's family.

I remeber speaking to my sister on Christmas Day and she was boasting about how hot it was and how she was glad she wasn't at home.  :(

I then told her it was snowing and it was a white christmas and she was really jealous.   :P

I'm looking forward to seeing how Fearne copes with the snow if there is any this year :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 16:47:38 PM by Lyn-Su »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 20:29:17 PM »
I too love the snow, when we arrived in Austria last Christmas there was about 5' and then it continues to snow for another 24 hrs it was wonderful.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 19:43:24 PM »
I love the snow, Its amazing how a fresh fall of snow can make even the dirtiest place look lovely lol..my brother lives in Tasmania and he was over here almost three years ago with his wife and little girl my lovely niece Arki, and she had never seen snow, she stayed at our house and I had the ultimate privilige of seeing the wonder on her face the day it snowed.  She was shocked that it was cold too!!  Unforgettable  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 19:30:30 PM »
No snow in south wales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

try moving a bit west LOL, 25th November last year we were snowed in.......like you we are getting wall to wall rain but the temps are dropping. Certainly dont need any golfballs hitting my new greenhouse though!

Offline Emma S

• Adult Cat
  • Meg and Darcey
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 15:37:24 PM »
I love the snow too, I'm such a big kid!! But we rarely get any down in south wales  :(

At the moment it is all rain, rain, rain down here, so cats are being kept indoors and are not amused!! You'd think they'd appreciate a nice warm home!
Love Emma & the girls - Meg and Darcey xxx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 15:24:31 PM »
Its really mild and sunny in Surrey today - last night it was blowing a gale and peeing down, so bit of a difference!

Gonna get colder tonight though apparently as sky is clear - brrrrrr, playing tennis tonight 'till 8.30 - need me thermals  :-:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 15:12:55 PM »
when i was young we were once snowed in for about 4 wks !!! the snow was a couple of feet above the fence posts and even the tractor didnt get out for the first couple of wks. (yes we had a massive chest freezer and stockpiled for these occasions)

that was extreme, normally we'd only snowed in for a week or so with the snow around fence post level.

these days we dont see anything like that type of snow although some roads beside me still get 8 or 9 feet drifts and us with about 4 maybe 4 st of snow in the garden, maybe more a couple of times.

yes its fabby when everything is glistening white and days off work etc but then it gets dirty plus i cant find the dog poop to pick it up and waiting till the snow melts is not pleasant !!!

then the wet slush..yuk.

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 12:24:55 PM »
 :xmas1: :cold:

now how is that not fun!!!!! even after 3 years i admit i'm still very english when it comes to the snow, still very over excitable!!!!!! ?we have loads of people form africa at our uni. was in a lift with some guy the other day saying he's never been in weather lower than 10degrees. theres a few people wondering around very surprised!!!!! ?love seeing them when it does snow though. they're all out there wrapped up like a 2 year old (so like can barely move) taking photos. its very heart warming. ?then you get pelted with a snow ball and the novilty wears off a little....

I LOVE THE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 12:24:27 PM »
cold here !

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 12:22:11 PM »
Freezing here, and if there's any heating on we're not feeling it!? All sitting here shivering.

I like snow when I'm indoors and watching it out of the window!? Don't like it when it turns to slush or freezes over - not much fun to drive in.

MBll

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 12:20:49 PM »
Slaps hannah hard lol   Hate snow lol

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 12:20:10 PM »
bring on the snow i say!!!!
sick of bloomin rain. rain makes everything harder!! snow just involves wrapping up warm! love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MBll

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 12:18:17 PM »
Just outside glasgow hannah. Its stoped for now but still dark ?

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 12:14:39 PM »
where are you? was blowing a gail and p''ing down last night (as i walked to cinema and back) but quite nice now. chilly though.  i adore storms though.

Offline Mandi

• Adult Cat
  • My Salam and little Willow behind
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 12:13:06 PM »
OMG.....what a mixture
Glad I dont live near you LOL

Been quite sunny here but freezingggggggggggg  :cold:
Mandi xxxx

MBll

Weather
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 12:02:57 PM »
OMG you want believe the weather here right now.........its been? raining now changed to hail stones as big as golf balls ...now its thunder & lighting?? ? ? Wierd or what?

Link to CatChat