Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Hi All
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »
Hi Hun

Had no experience of Ickle kittens and pregers mums but just wanted to let ya know that the peeps that do might see ya post better in the health & Behaviour section.

Hope all goes well for Mitsey
 :Luv: :Luv:

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 11:24:44 AM »
Hi again all, getting a bit worried as kittens have still not arrived, how long should i wait before i take her to the vet, iv gone from when i saw her mammary glands were bigger (which is about 40 days i think) so she should have been due last Wednesday, any time scale would be of help  :Crazy: :Crazy:
Kerri

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 18:42:25 PM »
Hi hope Mum-to-be is still keep well  :Luv:

Forgot to mention the adorable Evo in my last post. She is so wee and absolutely gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv:

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 21:41:00 PM »
I was just asking as if he came from a responsible breeder, there will have been a contract to sign, to make sure he was neutered at the right age.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 20:13:04 PM »
Hi Kerry

A Warm  :welcome: to Purrs.  Your furbabes are adorable. I love Lancers colour and Mitseys markings, they are both adorable anddddd them theres That gorgeous lickle Evo   :cccooorrr:

They are all looooovely and soooo glad they will be netuered. We can see you love them very much  :Luv:

I would love to hear more about all of them and i know we all would love to hear news of Mitsey and how she gets on.

Great to have ya all with us at Purrs  :)
Tan
x

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 13:47:05 PM »
 :welcome: Kerri

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 10:48:23 AM »
mummy is lapping up the sun today, laying on her side with kittens kicking her, no sign yet though. Lancer was off of people who had five cats two were prdigree, she had had litters before but not sure if she was a breeder? Mitsey we got from a farmer, she was born in a barn and was a very scared little cat, shes only really became cudderly just before this chirstmas just gone, and Evo we got off of my dads friend, his cat went out and got pregant and just wanted to rehome all of them for nothing, we wasnt sure whether to get her but we glad we did (little tearer, that climbs up my nets and claws the sofa) :sneaky: :sneaky:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 08:49:29 AM »
Hi and welcome to Purrs  :welcome:

The pics are great. Lancer is stunning and I love Mitsey's markings  :Luv:

How is the gorgeous Mum-to-be today x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 08:16:14 AM »
Aww - so Lancer is the dad then? Just trying to work out what colours you will get. Did you get LAncer from a breeder?
Please spay your cat

Offline Parée

• Adult Cat
    • Teddy Boys Reunited
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 17:50:57 PM »
Hi Kerri  :welcome: to Purrs, good luck with the house full
A cat is for life

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 12:27:57 PM »
hi all here are some pictures for you all

Mitsey as a kitten

Mitsey and Lancer (Lancer is a cross British sort hair silver tabby)

Mitsey and Lancer again

and our new recruit Evo curled up in her bed

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 21:28:07 PM »
I am so pleased that you are going to get them both done - mammary cancer, as the above article shows, does take years to develop and normally after repeated unbred heats, so if done after she has weaned these kittens, there probably isnt' much concern - but do check her mammary glands on a regular basis (just as you would check your own for any changes). Spaying takes one of the major, more immediate, risks, pyometra, away. And as I said before, males can produce sperm for up to 6 weeks after being done, and females can get pregnant as soon as a week after giving birth, so do keep them separate, esp as mums dont tend to like whole males around the kittens, and may be a bit snappy towards him, you dont want her being stressed too much.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 20:30:17 PM »
Hi Kezy, so pleased you have decided to get both cats neutered and there are wonderful people on here that will help you with any concerns with the kittens or the birth but as someone said make sure you have vet and emergency vet numbers to hand.

Another thing that the others will be able to advise on but I cant is how long after the birth will the unnuetered tom cat want to have another try with the mother, I think he really needs nuetering asap.

Keep us up to date on the situation cos we all will worry  ;D

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 19:25:47 PM »
Hi again Kerri
This sounds like nesting instinct which cats generally start a couple of weeks before their due date.
If Mitsey will let you gently clean her teats fine but only use water.
First signs of labour is often a refused meal and going backwards and forwards to litter tray,as labour progresses you will see the contractions rippling along her sides

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 19:05:03 PM »
At the moment we have made her a box, and shes in and out of it all the time, but people have said they tend to do it where they want to. also on her mammary glands (i think there called) she has allot of scabbing around them, not sure if it mite affect the kittens or if i can clean them up for her??? today she started scratching at the paper in the box but soon left it and hasn't been back since, is this a sign???
Kerri

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 18:09:09 PM »
Kerri,

So pleased to hear that you will be getting Mitsey spayed ... of course this can't be done stright away after the birth ... she will have to feed her kittens. But your vet will be able to advise about this.  I know it sounds like we are preaching but as there are many people on this site involved in animal rescue they get to see al too often the results of not getting cats spayed / neutered.  I'm sure if you have a look at any of the resuce sites in the US you will get an idea of just how may cats  and kittens there are out there just lookking for a new home ... 1000's

Good luck with the birth and please don't hesitate to ask any questions as we are always happy to offer advice and support :)

Sam x
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 17:27:27 PM »
Kerri
Your vet will give Mitsey a thorough check up at spay time, Have you made a quiet place for her to have her babies away from your other cats ?, she will need lots of extra food too, kitten food is good if she will eat it. Hard as it sounds when she has the babies try to keep your daughter away except when carefully supervised by you.
Do you plan to keep the kittens or rehome them? Lots of questions  sorry.
Good idea at this stage to have vets phone no to hand in case you need him urgently.
Do keep us posted and as I said before lots of advice available here if you need it

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 17:10:29 PM »
I'm soooo greatfull for all the info people are telling me,  :thanks: .  i didn't realise how much could happen to cats that don't get spayed, i knew that kittens go into season at 6 months but didn't think it would happen as they are watched all the time (didn't stop them when we was out!!!!) i love my cats and wouldn't want anything to happen to them so will def be getting mitsey and evo done as well. i hope its not to late for mitsey, can i get her checked at the vet after the birth of kittens???? for cancer or anything else???
 :thanks: again your all so lovely
Kerri

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 16:41:19 PM »
Hi Kerri and welcome to Purrs. You are certainly going to have your hands full, lets hope Mitsey only has a tiny litter, I presume it was a planned mating as she is an indoor cat or did you have a cat break in?
I rescue cats and to be honest always try to encourage people to have their cats neutered whether male or female. Did you know that thousands of cats and kittens are put to sleep every year because there simply arent enough homes to go round?
Every mating carries the risk of Feline Aids and many other diseases.
Female cats run the risk of mammary tumours and pyometra if not spayed.
Please dont think of this as me telling you off because I`m not, but Please Please read up about the dangers before you decide against neutering.
As I said before Welcome to Purrs you will find lots of friendly people and advice here :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 16:24:24 PM »
Please look into getting Mitsey spayed once she has had these kittens, there are hundreds upon hundreds of cats and kittens in rescues up and down teh country needing homes. Also, the fact that they are home cats doesnt mean anything - both your male and females are at risk of things like cancer - testicular for the male, and mammary, ovarian and uterine for the females, plus your girls are at risk of something called pyometra, which can be deadly and needs a spay to cure, which is risky as the womb is full of infection. MAle cats can also still produce sperm for up to 6 weeks.

HEre is an article I wrote when I adopted a cat who develope mammary cancer

Please spay your cat

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 15:55:29 PM »
have just been looking through your site more and reading up on loads, done my click for the free food in the u.s, sorry if i have upset people about the not spaying, will be doing our male cat insted, there all home cats and dont go out. (dont even try to escape)
 :( :( :(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 15:37:06 PM »
Kerri - hopefully this is a wind up otherwise you will be inundated with people telling you off

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 15:23:57 PM »
hi Sam (Fussy_Furball) , not sure if we are going to  get her spayed yet, were see how she gets on with this litter then decide, still no sign of her offspings yet 65 days to day, will keep you all updated
kerri

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 21:44:09 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs.

I adore kittens, mind you I like all four legged creatures.  Look forward to seeing pictures of your pussies.

:ahh:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 18:47:16 PM »
Hi and welcome to Purrs.

Yor furries sound lovely .... will you be getting your little girl spayed once she has weaned the kittens?
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline kezmayuk

• Adult Cat
  • Mitsey - Lancer - Evo
Hi All
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 18:25:31 PM »
Hi all newbie here, my name is Kerri, I'm 20 years old, live with my partner, 2 and a half year old daughter and three young cats.
iv been brought up with cats since i was born and love them to death. In our litter we have Mitsey who is a year and 5 months and currently expecting her first litter any day, then we have Lancer our male who is 9 and a half months then our youngest who is 7 months old and called Evo. will put some piccys on soon
Kerri

Link to CatChat