Author Topic: 2000th member here! Hi!!!  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: 2000th member here! Hi!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 14:36:26 PM »
You will find all of Purrs is like that  :rofl: :rofl:

Rambo is a lovely little man and I do like cats with that hair style  ;D

Offline angielouise

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 14:33:34 PM »
Crikey Gill, you remind me of a lady called Caz on the gerbil forum I use - she was a piccie monster too! :rofl:

Here you go......

Looking Oriental:

Just being funny:

Cutie:

Ange
xxxxx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 14:22:32 PM »
Hellllooooooooooooooooooooooo and  :welcome:  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 14:19:55 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, sorry I was at the vet when you arrived!

Love the name Rambo and would loike to see pics cos its in  :rules: :reading 2: :read 1: :pic: :print:

Get da idea  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline angielouise

• Adult Cat
2000th member here! Hi!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 14:16:08 PM »
Hi,

Well, I feel I know a lot of you already!  You've certainly made me feel very welcome.  :thanks:

A little bit about me.....

I'm 30 years old and live in Hertfordshire with my fiancĂ© Doug.  We have Rambo the cat, and 5 gerbils (it was 6 last week  :'() and 4 tropical fish.  We are both big animal lovers and have had various pets between us over the years.  To me, a home only feels like a home with a pet inside it - otherwise it's just a house.

I used to do volunatary work for the RSPCA, doing home checks to make sure that pets were being homed somewhere suitable.  I like to think that I made a small difference to a few animals in that way.

Rambo came to live with us about 3 years ago - we think he is now about 9 or 10 years old.  We used to see him wandering around the streets meowing constantly, and looking very scruffy.  He always seemed to be sitting outside one of my neighbours, so we assumed he belonged to them.  One day we noticed he had a wounded eye, and it wasn't gettting any better, so I went and spoke to the neighbours.  It turned out that he didn't belong to them at all - he just used to nip into their house and steal their cats food!  After a bit of investigation, we found out that he had belonged to an elderly lady in another street - she died and her family just left the cat to fend for himself (nice >:().  He wasn't spayed, and used to spray his scent everywhere, and make a hell of a din meowing loudly all the time, so no one else wanted to take him in. 

We took him to the vets for a check up and they sorted out his eye, vaccinated him, and booked him back in for spaying and to have some teeth removed.  After that, Rambo decided that we were quite nice after all, and that he quite liked the look of our sofa, rofl!  So we had ourselves a pet cat!  The neighbours children had already named him Rambo, because he was always getting in scraps and fights, so the name stuck.  He changed almost immediately from being quite a feral cat, spraying all over the place and being quite aggressive, to being a placid, lazy, playful, friendly lap cat.  Taking him in was one of the best decisions I've ever made. :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone and bumping into you all on the boards!

Ange
xxxx
 :hug:

Link to CatChat