Author Topic: Blocked Bladder  (Read 18891 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Blocked Bladder
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2006, 18:25:21 PM »
Thats really great news, hugs to Dave from me and hope he has a wonderful Christmas  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2006, 22:33:46 PM »
I am so glad to hear this, fingers crossed this is the last of it.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dee

• Adult Cat
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2006, 15:34:49 PM »
dave is doing really weel.  been back to the vets this morning and his bladder was normal size and with very little urine in t hey are really pleased with him.

He doesn't have to go back for 2 weeks now (unless worried) and then if all is wel twill look at reducing his medication.
He is not on prescription diet, but has to have only wet food now for e rest of his life, as you said Roz. The vet said to add water to it and meat broth.  he also said about getting a water fountain, which others on here also mentioned.

I am so pleased with his progress, but know he is going to have to be carefully monitored from now.

Thank you as ever for everyones help and good wishes.  it has been so appreciated.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2006, 11:08:19 AM »
Excellent news Dee.  I'm really pleased for the little love.  Hope he continues to get better and better with each day.  Is he on the prescription diet?  If he is, is he eating it?

Lots of love to him, :Luv:

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2006, 18:52:41 PM »
I am so glad he is home and doing well, fingers crossed this is the end of it now.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2006, 17:44:05 PM »
So pleased Dee  ;D

Offline Dee

• Adult Cat
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2006, 17:09:41 PM »
Dave is doing great.  he has been back in vets today as he hadn't pooed, but vet decide to leave him a couple of days.  Dave then then decided to leave me a smellie present in the cat carrier on the way home. :rofl:

He is weeing well, not quite aswell as before this, but enough to stop his bladder getting dangerously full.  The bladder wall linning has decreased in thickness which is great news and it is now less tender, which is also good news.

Behaviour is back to normal.

I am so glad to have my wonderful boy home. 

Thank you everyone for all your kind words and very helpful information.  it is all very appreciated. 

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2006, 22:14:54 PM »
AM pleased he is home, and fingers crossed he continue to do well, poor boy.
Please spay your cat

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2006, 07:13:39 AM »
hows the boy this morning ? hope he has a good wee for breakfast  :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2006, 01:18:11 AM »
So pleasewd that Dave is home and doing well  ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2006, 18:30:57 PM »
Thats good news Dee! Glad to hear he's home and doing better.

Gillian

Offline Dee

• Adult Cat
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2006, 12:39:02 PM »
dave is doing well.  he is still weeing, although not huge amounts.  he has been playing with Anakin and his toys and is always looking for food.  I called vet as he hasn't pooed, but vet said as long as he is eating and happy, it shouldn't be too much to worry about.  He is going to vets tomorrow morning.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2006, 21:14:43 PM »
Hi Dee...and Dave :)

Great to hear that you're back home together......Now Dave, you gotta do some nice long wees for ya mum, just like the good vet said.
No turning ya nose up at ya new food...that's what Jet did...and look what happened to him....he lost his...well, you know :shy:   (he's sitting next to me and it's still a sore point....well hopefully not literally...but you get me drift. :innocent:

Loads of good wishes for a speedy return to ya old self.

Lots of love

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2006, 18:57:32 PM »
so pleased to hear Dave is back home with you. He must be so happy to be back home. He sure is a gorgeous looking cat . I think since reading this I am going to look into getting a water filter as I live in a very hard water area. Give him a big sloppy smackeroony from me :hug:

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2006, 18:44:17 PM »
I am so pleased that Dave is back home with you again Dee.  Wishing him well xxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2006, 17:04:17 PM »
Awww Dee, I'm so pleased........I bet he's glad to be back home to his mum  :hug:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2006, 10:29:15 AM »
That is a positive note then, I am sure he will be spoiled rotten this weekend.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2006, 10:27:58 AM »
We have softish water here, no limescale in the kettles etc but I alway fill the cat and dog water bowls from my water filter tap. which reminds me I must send for another cartridge.

Offline Dee

• Adult Cat
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2006, 10:25:58 AM »

He is home.  I have to keep a very close eye on him as he isn't out of the woods yet, but it is so great to have hime here.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2006, 10:09:15 AM »
Hi Dee,

Sending all good wishes to Dave today in the hope that he is discharged.  Just remember, add extra fluids to his meals to keep that bladder flushed.   Also, I know how hard the water is in Norfolk (or East Anglia generally) so I would definitely think about getting him a fountain and using just mineral water.  That's what I do for Jet.  It can't do any harm.

Lots of love to him

Roz

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2006, 20:48:01 PM »
Sending positive thoughts and lots of love to Dave - get well soon little one xxx

Fingers crossed that he is home with you soon, know what you are going through because our Charlie had the same problem - he is absolutely fine now but I still always feel relieved when he does a big wee.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2006, 20:12:49 PM »
I have spoken to our fosterer whose cats has struvite which has caused thickening of the bladder She has explained the position to me but In all honesty I think you really do need to discuss the implications with your vet. Obviously it is only your vet who knows exactly how much the struvite has effected your little ones bladder. Also what it can lead to although it could be years before something if anything more shows.

Offline Dee

• Adult Cat
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2006, 18:23:44 PM »
Been to see Dave.  he was very bright.  He could have come home today, but sadly he vomited earlier and isn't as keen on food since, so they want to keep an eye on him to be on the safe side.  They said it could be because of his medication or the Ga's.  Fingers crossed he will be ok to come home tomorrow.

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2006, 12:26:10 PM »
Ohhhhhhh Dee that would be so nice, for him to come home... I am crossing EVERYTHING  :doh:
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Dee

• Adult Cat
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2006, 12:24:39 PM »
Thank you Ela.  i would be intrested to know.

Well Dave had a good wee on his own in the night and has weed again this morning.  He is brighter than ever and they are doing really well.  The head vet is going to see him later and there is a possibility he can come home tomorrow.  This probably isn't the end of it, but looking good today.

I have everything so firmly crossed as i so want him home.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2006, 09:20:29 AM »
Sounds very much like our fosterer's cat,  earlier this year he had a pendectomy and he has been wonderful ,a couple of weeks ago he had a recurrence of cystitis, the vet had to go into the bladder to scrap the stones out as they were fixed into the thickened lining. A sample of the thickened lining has been sent to Glasgow for further investigation. I will ask Sue tonight if she has received the results. I do know that a few days ago Hank seemed fine and was running around.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2006, 22:08:47 PM »
My typing today is dreadful...that was supposed to read...he's had a lot of intrusion going on there etc etc  Doh! :doh:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2006, 22:05:31 PM »
Oh Dee,

Let's hope that he starts to feel better tomorrow.  He's had a lot of intrustion going on there over the last few days....so many catheters...poor little boy.

I'm sure he probably knew you were there.

Lots of love to you both

Roz

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2006, 21:52:44 PM »
Aww, I am sorry the news isn't good yet, will keep my fingers crossed for him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2006, 19:46:53 PM »
So sorry the news wasnt better Dee, am thinking of you both and hope things look better tomorrow. xxx

Offline Dee

• Adult Cat
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2006, 19:40:09 PM »
I have been to see Dave today, but he was fast asleep as he had just had an anaesetic.

I spoke to the vet and sadly the news isn't too good.  the wall of Dave's bladder is thickened and it is not contracting.  The bladder is now clear.  he pulled out his catheter and the vets are going to see how he is over the next 24 hours and hopefully he will wee.  he is on lots of medication to assist this.

I just want him home.  I have everything crossed for my gorgeous boy.

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2006, 19:35:01 PM »
Dee, how was Dave today?  Any news on when he will be home with you again?  Thinking of you and Dave xxx

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2006, 16:58:01 PM »

Sending best wishes for Dave - my little Ben says he knows just how Dave feels!!

Gillian

Offline Dee

• Adult Cat
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2006, 14:02:02 PM »
Bless that gorgeous Jet.  I will tell dave that jet is willing him to get better ;D.

I will let you know how he is when i see him later.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2006, 13:23:43 PM »
Ahh poor little babe.  We are all thinking of him and Jet's just seen his piccie and given Dave a stroke with his little black paw (with my help of course).   :Luv:

Hope he's feeling better this afternoon...bless him.

Lots of love

Roz

Offline Dee

• Adult Cat
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2006, 12:31:02 PM »
he is doing good today.  His catheter had kinked before and as it had looked clear before hand they decided to see what happened and he weed a little, but sadly not enough and his bladder filled again. he now has a catheter in. It is still has blood in it, but it is clearer than yesterday.  he is happy and purring  and eating well.  They are not doing anything today just monitoring.I am trying to get hold of the vet, but we keep missing each other.

I am going to see Dave again at 4.  He was woozy yesterday when i went to see him, but staggered to see me and fell asleep with his head in my hand.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2006, 11:28:14 AM »
How's our little love today, Dee?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2006, 21:29:43 PM »
Fingers crossed for him
Please spay your cat

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2006, 21:10:28 PM »
Such good news Dee.? He sounds an adorable little boy.

Sending all positive thoughts his way for several long wees so that he can come home straight away.

My poor little Jet usually managed only the one once the catheter was removed but thereafter always cramped up.? He first became ill in April 05, following a bout of cystitis which had cleared up but then flared up again. I took him straight away to the vet who thought it best to admit him because his bladder was beginning to block.? He didn't come home for a fortnight!!!? I was beginning to despair of him ever coming home again.? The vets weren't really pleased with him when they discharged him but decided that he would probably fare better at home than in the hospital and he did remain okay until last October and then the problem really escalated.....as everyone on this site knows!?

Loads of good wishes to Dave for a very speedy recovery. :Luv:

Lots of love

Roz

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2006, 20:36:55 PM »
At least you now know he is comfortable.

Link to CatChat