Author Topic: Cats had been fed & sheltered, but now left by my work, NOW URGENT. HAVE UPDATE  (Read 13107 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Yes a dustbins a good idea -you can always tell the council someone has taken it /moved it and you can''t find it  ;) Some bits of fleece and cat biscuits/food at the end should tempt them in .
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 22:36:33 PM by bunglycat »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Is there anyway you can provide a temporary shelter... even something as simple as a dustbin on it's side with some old towels in is better then nothing poor babies.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 18:43:30 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Are the CP branch aware of the situation? They should make these cats top priority - especially in this weather. Maybe they have emergency fosterers? - whereabouts are you?

They need to go to a farm with a nice warm barn.

Poor little things  :'(
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 22:29:24 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Whereabouts are they ? - hope someone on here can help -its freezing weather for them

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
Hi,  i have just started a new job on monday, the bloke that had the unit a few along had been feeding & sheltering 3 or 4 cats.
I got told there are a lot of ferals hanging around the estate, but the ones i am on about (seen 3 today, bless them) have now been left to fend for themselves.
The bloke had fed & sheltered them over the years, so they have become a lot more dependant on the human feeding them & keeping them warm.

As far as i have been told the have been neutered by CP previously, and now a lady who is involved with CP will come n put food opposite for them.

Where i work (animal lover & own cats) can't do anything for shelter in our unit, as we work upstairs, but have a seperate business (a diner) downstairs,
and against health & safety.

One of the cats this man as  feeding & giving shelter  got killed on the road next to the unit, as they just wander about, when other feral's on the estate stay away till its quiet at night.

As you can imagine, i found it upsetting to see them hanging about the unit door, when its all shut up  :'(
Especially when we had snow n sleet yestetday, heavy rain last nite & its frezing cold again tonight.

Can anything be done to help these few?  :(
I am going to take them food tomorrow & see how close i can get to them.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 17:41:48 PM by **TINA** »
Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Link to CatChat