Author Topic: Cats had been fed & sheltered, but now left by my work, NOW URGENT. HAVE UPDATE  (Read 13108 times)

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
Thanks    :hug:

Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
HI Hun

I Have sent The l;ady that is offering semi / feral cats a home on her island near the thames a link to this post to see if she can help.

I have sent her two previous contacts from Purrs for other cats so i am not sure how many she can take.

I hope something can be sorted for these gorgeous cats  :hug:

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
Have sent Ann a pm.

Thanks everyone for your info. I cant get this out of my mind xxx
and

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
such a sad story/outcome  :'(

just hope it has a happy ending

:hug: 4 **TINA**

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
cant seem to find tabbycat to pm ? anyone got contact details for her please
and

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
One of the Purrs members, Anne Clarke (Tabbycat) is with Gateshead CP - is that anywhere near you? - maybe worth sending a PM to see if she has any ideas of other contacts who may be able to help.

Yeah gateshead is 15mins drive down the a19. I will pm her.
Thanks for that.

and

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
One of the Purrs members, Anne Clarke (Tabbycat) is with Gateshead CP - is that anywhere near you? - maybe worth sending a PM to see if she has any ideas of other contacts who may be able to help.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
Have got one trap to use, but cant trap them untill have somewhere to take them.

Think Porridge may be the hard one to trap, as the others wont allow him to eat close to them.
He looks the oldest, bless him.
and

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Quote from: **TINA** link=topic=22248.msg388807#msg388807 date=1233942471

The CP will not help !!!! these are not as feral as ferals are if you know what i mean.

[/quote

I would phone head office and explain the situation. Like any walk of life, there are a few hitlers running branches and they may need a kick up the  :bum: to do something. Remind them that they are there to protect cats! - I am a CP volunteer and I know our branch would have done something. Julie (Pinkbear) is our feral person and she spent months sorting out feral populations.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
how hard would it be to trap these cats?  they only sound semi feral, or at least used to some human kindness.  if they could be trapped surely they can be found somewhere to live???
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
awww, just look at them  :( I will keep everything crossed for a happy ending xxxx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Thankyou Jack. :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Cats had been fed & sheltered, but now left by my work, NOW URGENT. HAVE UP
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 18:20:16 PM »
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,22133.0.html

The thread Pav mentioned.....so you don't have to scroll and fall in love with another sneaky feline! ;)

(I've just been talking to my partner about a cat called Buttons in the rehoming section. I really can't take on anymore cats, but he's soooo lovely.)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
there 8 and 2 of them could not be seperated, as they are always together.

MORE PICS  :Luv:  of them at 4 when i finished work, bless them they must have been froze, as i was wrapped up & still felt froze to the bone.

Cant remember all their names, but they do as come running when you shout of them.

Meet Rosie, she is dainty,

and this is Dolly

Think this is Hoff with Rosie

One of the dark tabbies is Hoff, but not sure which, as one is taller, but they were crouched down

This one he moved

and

and

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
It's such a shame for them, how many would you say there are Tina about 4?

I hope somethings comes of the thread Pav mentions xx

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
Have spent a fair bit time today with these babies.
They have been living outside for 3 weeks. The lady feeding is not from CP (she put a not on shelters CP so it wouldnt be moved)

The CP will not help !!!! these are not as feral as ferals are if you know what i mean.

They come runnin today for their food.

Pics to follow.
and

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
TINA, i dont know if this helps but have you seen the tread in rescue and rehoming, it says HOME OFFERED FOR FERALS, it was posted by Tan on behalf of some one. May be you can ask Tan, just an idea for this little ones. :hug:

Hi,  i aint seen that thread..... i try to keep away from rescue & rehoming section, because Flora become my number 4 love of my life  :Luv2:  & fear there might be a number 5  :Luv2:
(i wish i could have lots of furbabies)

and

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
TINA, i dont know if this helps but have you seen the tread in rescue and rehoming, it says HOME OFFERED FOR FERALS, it was posted by Tan on behalf of some one. May be you can ask Tan, just an idea for this little ones. :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Poor babies.  It's so cold outside for them.  Good on your for caring and taking them food.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
It is very upsetting to see that, I wish something could be sorted for them soon poor things.  If CP are feeding them can't they put a plea out on their website for homes for some ferals, have you asked? that is what most do I think, they can't be left there like that.  (That bloke was just ignorant  :hug:)  If I lived near I would come and help you.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 22:25:26 PM by janeyk »

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Would you consider asking any of the guys on the Trading Estate if they would be willing to help you to do something for them?  You never know some might just come forward with some helpful suggestions/ideas/cash even. I'm sure you will get all the usual callous remarks like the one you heard today from 'wolf hat' but there are many animal lovers in the world who probably feel as bad as you do about the cats but just haven't had the impetus to get them motivated.  You might just be that impetus. 

Men will very often go that extra mile for a pretty face! :)

You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
i hope something can be done for these cats, i cant stop thinking about them  :(

I am the same  :(   i finish work at 4pm tomorrow,  i dont work weekends but i am still going to take them some food & check they are ok.

The road is just at the end to where that range rover is parked on the pic, and cars fly around there.

I wish someone could put a plea out, to try & get them moved to a farm. There has to be some farm in northumberland  :wish: :wish: :wish:
and

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I hope that nobody thinks I am not normal as I have some doozy ferals who now live on the inside and are very well trained and somehow more rewarding than the normal cats - each step they take forward seems to be a mountain climed and in fact Blue who has been on the inside since last September with us after major surgery and a soft touch in my husband he is still on the inside and whilst still a bit hissy loves cat milk - so readily available in the wild and now doesn't hiss when he gets his breakfast saucer in the morning - can't touch him but we have plenty others who love us! :Luv2:

We have all sorts of ferals - nice, nasty, really nasty and Ace who comes at you if he is spooked but he loves the other cats and the dogs before the humans but he is safe here and thank god he likes treats so can be wormed and we also Profender but the vet has yet to see him! :shocked:

We get alot of ferals where we are - nearly all caught fingers crossed, but another always turns up from somewhere.  If I see one I trap it and get it to the vets and sorted (arranged with vet/CP) then released back here, myself and 2 other neighbours care for them they go from house to house are well fed and we have kennels.  They do I believe also sleep in huts behind my house in the allotments too and will go in next doors conservatory with her ex-feral.  I would say over time they do get tamer eg today Zippy came just inside the doors for food and I just managed to stroke her head yesterday. 

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
i hope something can be done for these cats, i cant stop thinking about them  :(
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
I hope that nobody thinks I am not normal as I have some doozy ferals who now live on the inside and are very well trained and somehow more rewarding than the normal cats - each step they take forward seems to be a mountain climed and in fact Blue who has been on the inside since last September with us after major surgery and a soft touch in my husband he is still on the inside and whilst still a bit hissy loves cat milk - so readily available in the wild and now doesn't hiss when he gets his breakfast saucer in the morning - can't touch him but we have plenty others who love us! :Luv2:

We have all sorts of ferals - nice, nasty, really nasty and Ace who comes at you if he is spooked but he loves the other cats and the dogs before the humans but he is safe here and thank god he likes treats so can be wormed and we also Profender but the vet has yet to see him! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
This little pack are so diferent to the others on the trading estate.  (the others hide away from human contact)
These babies have become dependant on being fed, what i have seen so far in they way they sit in the way of on coming traffic, i fear the worst.
As the baby who was killed was headed for deliberate.

There are some heartless people, a man went in to the diner today whilst i was out talking to the cats, he was wearing a "real fur hat" he took it of
& said they wont be there long (meaning the cats) then he laughed & said only kiddin this is wolf fur (waving his hat)
I felt sick & wanted to kick him in the  :censored: nards.
and

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Bless them and you for caring.  Some cats have hard lives don't they?  I hope they can at least all snuggle together in temporary shelter to keep warm and at least their little tummies are being kept full.  I do hope you can get them sorted soon, it's so cold and hostile outside.  Wish I could help you  :hug:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
My local cp would not help me out with a feral I had been feeding for a few years, I hope you have better luck with yours.
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Oh, poor little poppets. They're good photos Tina.  There does appear to be quite a few of them.  I wonder what we can do to make them more safe.  Any ideas anyone.  I'm willing to make a contribution.

Good to know you're there for them Tina.

Best wishes,

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
Quality not so good, but you can still make them out,  a few let me get pretty close  :Luv:

Worries me the way they just sit there, even when cars/trucks come in.

and

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
I took them treats this morning, they seem to be gettin used to me already.

Got pretty close to them. (they love my car on a morning) i just let they lie on the bonnet so they can get a warm.
Then this afternoon, 2 of them were sat on the car roof & 2 on the bonnet & one sittin on the back hatch, bless them, they are gorgeous.

Porridge returned today aswell  (white with black patches & dark tail) Didnt have phone on me to show you Porridge.

Just sorting a few pics off my phone now to show you   :Luv:

and

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Farm type homes are few & far between and there is no way ferals can be looked after by normal indoor fosterers. I hope something can be sorted for them  :Luv2:

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Good luck with the CP - we always try and put cats who have no shelter at the top of our list, but unfortuntely even semi ferals we often can't take in immediately. When one of our feral colonies has a change in circumstance (feeder goes away, dies, leaves) we always try and move them asap, but finding another site can be a nightmare and taking them in has all the issues that any cat has in the fact that we have no room!!!!

I would probably think that the branch are trying their very best to at least make sure that the cats are fed and sheltered in some form until they can move them on bring them into care.

It's not ideal by any means, but it's something.

I really hope it can get sorted soon xxx
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
It is true the CP lady goes to feed them. I am trying to catch her on a morning so i can ask her why they aint been trapped & put somewhere safe.
Could be that they dont have the room ?
I was past myself today, as an artic was parking up in the corner & the black n white one just sat & watched, didnt budge till last minute.

They dont seem the flighty feral pack, as they like my car. I have a pretty pattern all over it off muddy little paws.

They have a shelter CP put it there,  I took pic to show you, the bit sticking out is where some food bowls are.
I didnt get to close as  Princess & Hoff were inside.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 20:33:28 PM by **TINA** »
and

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Poor things, I have a love of ferals and look after a group myself if I were you I would contact CP and try and get them sorted temporary until they can be trapped and placed somewhere safe from roads and where they will get some permanent care.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
those large garden storage units with an opening cut out would be better value, I think - I have a plastic coal bunker with a lid and opening which would house at least 10 cats - there must be unwanted items like this around

They sound great -put a catflap in and loads of vet bedding with fleece on top -wish i lived nearer -would go and do it !

Roz- i know the ones you mean -been thinking of getting one of those for Winston when he sits out the front ( only when i am at home and he wants to sit outside the front door but not come inside - he has to be in at 7pm ! so likes to sit out for a bit ) I have 2 cat houses at the front already -but other cats have been sleeping in them -think its when they are left out all day or night and its so cosy inside them .
I have vet bedding inside ,one of those reflective metallic heat pads and then fleece on top .
He doesn''t really need one that badly as i look out the window every few mins to see if he want to come in -but i like them  :rofl:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
those large garden storage units with an opening cut out would be better value, I think - I have a plastic coal bunker with a lid and opening which would house at least 10 cats - there must be unwanted items like this around
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
How many are there approximately....do you know Tina?

If the Cats Protection have neutered them in the past and someone was feeding them, they were probably considered safe and adequately provided for to leave where they were (I know it's not perfect but there are so many little babes needing care and attention and ferals are often quite hard to rehabilitate).  However, if the person who was caring for them has now gone then the situation has changed and these cats' plight should be notified to the Cats Protection.

I would so like to buy those little KatKabins for ferals living rough.  They are about £50 each but they would keep them warm and dry during the bad weather.  I would be willing to donate a couple at least.  Would anyone else be interested?  (for any strays...anywhere)

These are what I mean.

http://www.brinsea.co.uk/categories/katkabin/136/1

Inform your local CP branch asap.  They may be able to send someone to help.

Good luck!

Best wishes,

Roz

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
When i heard that CP lady was involved, i assumed they would have done something to trap them.

If stuff is left outside it will prob be removed by the council.

Whats worrying is that a lot of trucks/vans/wagons are pullin up for the diner, aswell as cars.
And the story i got, was the cat that got killed was accidentally headed for on the road  :censored: >:( so there are cruel people around the area.

The girl i work with,  it was her that ran up to the agents locking up the unit & barged in, shouting at them to chase cats out,  She couldnt do anything else
or they would have been locked in for good.

The industrial estate is NE13 (newcatle upon tyne)

I was upset driving home, knowing they were sittin outside and one was by my car & i couldnt do anything about it  :'(
I come home & cuddled my babies, but ive been thinking of them all night.
and

Link to CatChat