Author Topic: A lovely welcome home  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: A lovely welcome home
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 18:09:53 PM »
;D  It's very funny watching a cat purr and eat at the same time!

Funny, isn't it? - Alice does that. Also cats must have amazing hearing as Kylie is always at the door when I open it and often just waking up  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 18:04:36 PM »
Just the one orange blob in the window today - don't know who it was!  It's so far off that you can't actually make out a cat shape, I can just see that the gap between the box and the bottom of the blind in the bedroom is filled with something a similar colour to the box! 

When I open the door, nobody emerges from the bedroom.  They both come from the living room (or are in the hall).  There is never a day when they don't both come and fuss around me asking how my day was and demanding kisses  :Luv:  Jaffa starts to purr after about 10 seconds and usually keeps going while he's eating his tea  ;D  It's very funny watching a cat purr and eat at the same time!

Mary - I have always raised the living room blind so that they can see out, but I used to lower the bedroom one at night.  When I got Mosi, that had to change as he made such a racket playing with during the night.  I've just kept it raised to be on the safe side  :shify:  He still plays with it but not so much.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 13:56:20 PM »
Aw how sweet of them!  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 10:06:55 AM »
Awwww how lovely.

Its so nice when they do something like that.

When our guys hear our cars it will be Bunty and Elvis down by the door every time.     All the others have their places you will guarentee they will be at waiting too.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 09:25:27 AM »
I love welcomes like this, Max must hear my car coming in, as he sits in the lounge window, then when he sees me start to walk up the drive, he'll run down the stairs to the front door  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 09:00:19 AM »
 :Luv2: it is lovely to feel missed!

I come in through the back door (front door opens onto a busy road so we don't use it as I wouldn't ever want one of the cats to get past me and out onto the road by accident) and have to walk up the back garden to get to the door - the dining room window faces me and there is always a Cheese waiting in the window for meowmy to come home - even if OH gets home and feeds the cats first she always waits there for me  :Luv:

I love seeing the 'silent meow' through the window  ;D
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 07:47:11 AM »
ahh, isn't that nice  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 22:27:37 PM »
Aww, yeah it's nice to see them waiting for you. I'm sure mine can hear my car from half a mile away cos when I've been out they're always sat at the window when I come into the driveway

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 21:15:56 PM »
Aw bless their little hearts.

Had to laugh Suzanne as I also leave my blinds up a bit at the bottom for Bonnie to look out.  :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 20:59:34 PM »
two orange blobs waiting for you. wonderful  ;D

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 20:57:57 PM »
Doesnt it give you a nice warm feeling knowing they are waiting for you, even if its only because they want feeding,,no matter what kind of day we may have had theres always a purr and a warm welcome when we arrive :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
A lovely welcome home
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 20:35:13 PM »
I had to smile as I was walking home from the tram station tonight.  As I approach my road, I can see the back of my block of flats.  The block is set a way back from the road and I never get that close (I have to walk further along the road to enter my cul de sac and approach from the front) but when there are no leaves on the trees I can see through to my windows.  Although they are distant, I can tell mine because I have blinds which are raised part way so that the boys can see out of the windows.  The living room and bedroom windows face the rear.  On the bedroom sill I have a box on which they both like sitting (that old high up thing!).  As I walk along, I can just about make out the outline of the box (only really because I know it's there).  Sometimes I can make out that there is something on top of the box!  Today, I noticed that there seemed to be an orange blob on top of the box and then as I looked at the living room window I could just about make out another orange blob in the middle of that sill!  It didn't half make me smile to see 2 orange blobs sitting in the windows looking out for their meowmy  ;D ;D  I can't be certain, but I think it was Jaffa on the box in the bedroom and Mosi sitting in the living room window  ;D

Link to CatChat