Author Topic: Cats had been fed & sheltered, but now left by my work, NOW URGENT. HAVE UPDATE  (Read 13121 times)

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
Little Rosie has not been seen for 5 days now.

Please send vibes thats she is ok  :wish: :wish: :wish:
She was last seen hanging around the builders yard, and fear the worst  :'( :'( :'(
(just what June told me about the yard)

Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
Fingers & Paws crossed  :hug: xx
and

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
You are a star, thankyou. :hug: x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Just spoke to Tina and we're going to sort out getting the cats over here, just need to sort out transport and trapping them now  :tired:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Tina, are these sorted now?  If not, I may have somewhere for them if you are happy them going on a farm  :shy:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Finger crossed , some where can be found for them. :wish:

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
If you send me some contact details Tina, I'll see what I can do........not read the whole thread but it has been mentioned to me.  Can transport be arranged if somewhere can be found for them?

PM sent x
and

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
If you send me some contact details Tina, I'll see what I can do........not read the whole thread but it has been mentioned to me.  Can transport be arranged if somewhere can be found for them?

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 :'( I do hope they are back soon or are at least safe  :wish:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
Seems these litle ones are going off to do their own thing  :'(

They aint been sittin on my car today, & not seen any of them. The big metal bin that was behind their shelter
has been removed so now their shelter stands out as nothing to hide it.

Also kids have been hangin around there, as a some company parked their van there for a few days,
and this morning the windows, lights & wing mirrors were all smashed.

and

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :scared: Any news about theseTina?...... if not hopefully Ann can help soon  :hug:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 07:43:28 AM by janeyk »

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
Thanks Ann.
These babies are still hangin about, they know where they get fed & treats  :Luv:

You know i am sure these could easily be domesticated in some way, they show loving signs if you know what i mean.
I sat in my car the other day & they jumped on the bonnet & just sat looking at me  :( ( wish i could take them home)
and

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Hi really sorry I haven't been on for a while, I've been grappling with the CP annual return which gave me a few very late nights and also my pc is not behaving itself very well, it's very old and I think on it's last legs. Sometimes it works properly and sometimes it doesn't Iit won't let me into word at the moment)

I have had a chat with our welfare bods and we unfortunately don't have anywhere to put the cats at the moment. Because we are so urban it's really hard to find places for them. We can help with trapping though, either lending out traps or by helping ourselves we just need to try and find somewhere for them to go. I haven't given up though and I am still trying to find somewhere. We are struggling a bit at the moment as we have cats with behaviour problems, heart murmers and tumours so our hard to homes are increasing by the day  :( Our Regional Development Manager is visiting us on 2nd March so I will have a word with her and see if ther is any help HQ can give, they may have some places for ferals as long as we can help to trap them. We won't give up on these baby's I promise.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Stilll got these kitties in my thoughts and keeping everything crossed for them xx
June sounds a lovely lady too.

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
Did you see Ann's message Tina?

Hi,  i did yeah & sent her pm
and

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Did you see Ann's message Tina?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
Still not found them anywhere to go.

We had snow the other day, and feeding time on Friday i only seen 4 of these babies.
Rosie, Princes, Dolly & one of the tabby boys sit outside their known unit by the shutters. It kills me to have to drive away seein them sitting waiting  :'(

There has also been a big dog sniffing around their shelter, could tell by the size of the paw marks in the snow and big men foot prints  :censored:

I aint been over the weekend, But June goes a few times a day with their warm milk, meat & biscuits. Bless her, what ever the weather, she is there.

Ive not been able to get thru on the phone to the rescue in Stoke  :(
and

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Any news on these babies :( I hope TINA has managed to find them a place. :hug:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Hi Guys

Sorry Tina I've not been on the pc for a few days so hadn't seen this or read your PM. Not sure of we can do anything immediately as feral homes are in short supply up here and we don't really have anywhere we can put ferals temporarily but can you PM me the exact location where they are and also let me know which CP branch you contacted. I will ask our welfare bods if they have any suggestions, one of our ladies does lots of feral work so she may have some ideas.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
WIndy Way kennels in Macclesfield Cheshire have a feral sanctuary but are nearly always full.  I will try and find their number for you and PM you

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Loads of luck with this Tina xx

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
I lived in Stoke for 5 yrs, been back up north for nearly 3 now.

I know of Iris's Cats, as caught ferals & their baby kitties & Iris took them in. She looked after them, neutered the adults & re-homed them & their babies
when they were confident to be handled etc. She is a lovely lady, she had her garage all done out for the cats she took in.
Also she had a double glazed cattery made in her back garden.
Everytime i visited her she had a big crate in her sittin room either with tiny babies that had been dumped or a cat that was ill & needed constant attention,
& medication.

I am gonna contact here about these ones at my work, as no luck with anyone/anwhere up north yet.
I can do the transport to stoke at weekends, Mick is happy to help aswell (also visit my other half's family, so 2 birds with one stone)
and

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Pests?  How disgusting is that? Poor little cats wish the weather would change for the better just for them

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I was googling too and saw one of those Mark, not sure whether council related but some info dated 2002 I thought that should either be got rid of or updated  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Whilst I was googling for info, I came across Newcastle council website - Newcastle in Staffs, not on Tyne - They have a page about pest control and they include feral cats as Pests to be controlled  >:(
http://www.newcastle-staffs.gov.uk/environment_index.asp?id=SXA395-A780BA03&cat=1408

I'm wondering if I should contact CP about this - it is disgusting  >:(

More council morons  >:(
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 20:19:00 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :wish:  really rooting for these kitties, hope there is some good news soon.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Just to add before I was made redundant we both worked full time and had 38 cats before the new lots and 2 dogs now 3 and we cope with this lot - most ferals are usually food orientated and this makes it easier we also have domestics for most of the age groups and find it helps to let them mix after a quarrentime period

Of course some of our ferals prefer the dogs to humans! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Liz your "ferals" always make me smile.  It's lovely to see what a bit of TLC, food and a radiator bed can do to turn a scaredy cat into a proper "home lover"  :Luv2:

They are lucky to have you and Robin  :hug:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 15:05:26 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
The attached photo shows what time can do with ferals - these 3 spent 3 weeks in CP Fosterers pen getting wormed, frontlined and litter trained, thansk to their former feeder who visited them 4 times a day and spent time with them they then came to us and spent 3 weeks in our downstairs study and now do as they please on the inside

This lot are aged 14.5 years - stripey one and her 2 kids are 8.5 years old - if you have one spare room and a lot of time they will adapt - This lot haven't looked to go out since they moved 150 miles to become Clan cats and seeing them looking knowingly through the windows at the snow makes it all worth while - Cissy is off to the vet this month for her Chip and boosters and is a lovely older lady, the longhaired ragamuffin is a Daddy's girl and Smudger the boy loves his food but is still a bit skittish so he will be off to the vet when he is ready!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Our local free rag ran an article this week on 100 ferals that are being sought farm homes for....Apparently, they were living on a farm and the farmer would feed them but what started out as under five ferals three years ago has now increased to 100 and he can no longer look after them all, although he does admit that he has absolutely no vermin problems on his farm.  But wouldn't you have thought he would have anticipated this and had them neutered? 

The local C.P. and other shelters now have to try to find homes for 100 ! Some of them can obviously be handled because there are pictures of them being held by the carers.  It's so sad...I just hope approprate farm/barn/stable homes can be found for them all.  They have been neutered and de-flead and vet checked now...poor little babes.

You know forest land is not expensive to buy and I just wondered if you would be allowed to re-home some ferals to this type of environment....or would they upset the balance of nature within the woodland?  It's a very difficult problem.  I guess some agricultural land would suffice....and that is not expensive either.  You would probably have to obtain permission for putting little shelters on it but they wouldn't be permanent...not sure about lack of water etc but nevertheless it is a thought. 
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Have just heard back and she is in Cornwall and says it is too far as she is unable to travel due to her commitments :(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Cats had been fed & sheltered, but now left by my work, NOW URGENT. HAVE UP
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2009, 10:59:21 AM »
Someone on dog pages is asking about if her facilities are suitable for some ferals so have posted her a link to this thread.

Fingers crossed ! :(

Agreed!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
Someone on dog pages is asking about if her facilities are suitable for some ferals so have posted her a link to this thread.

Fingers crossed ! :(
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 10:49:04 AM by Wibblechick »
People Power Works!!!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I don't know if there are any rescues with feral enclosures - although even this isn't ideal at least they are safe. Rhdes Minnis cat sanctuary which is down my way in Kent has a huge feral enclosure which is like a giant Tennis court but with all kinds of shelters, beds etc. I don't know if there is anything like it in the NE.
http://www.rhodesminnis.co.uk/?Feral_Sanctuary

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
These poor little cats, I keep thinking about them as I am sure does everyone on Purrs.  I so hope something can be sorted for them and soon.  There must be someone out there who could offer them shelter and who maybe isn't on Purrs, but how to find them other than everyone asking around.  I don't know anyone who has suitable facilities but will keep thinking.  Hope they feel cosy in their shelter bless

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
The CP will not help !!!! these are not as feral as ferals are if you know what i mean.

They come runnin today for their food.

CP can only help if they have a barn ready and waiting for them, in short supply in some areas  :( its not safe to keep them in a pen for a few months until something turns up.
Even tho they come for food they wont neccessarily turn into house pets, not many poeple have the facilities such as liz to allow them to get on with it within a home environment and give them the time sadly  :(
The colony i sorted out come very close for food and appear when called but it would be a hell of a task to domesticate them :scared: i hope the Thames contact works out :luck:

I would say ours are semi-feral now, they are always close by and I call them and they come bounding to the door if they aren't in the kennel, there were 3 in it this morning at 6am peeping out waiting for brekkie sometimes they will eat just inside our door and I can just touch some of them but wouldn't be able to have a proper stroke - as yet anyway  ;) I love them like my own  :Luv2:

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
Wish i could take them in, if i still lived in the country i would of.
Because we had a cat flap on the shed & a couple of cats visited us for food, water,  milk & warm comphy bed, especially in winter  :Luv:

I am on the hunt for a farm house/cottage to rent, have put adverts on the net etc & always looking.
A house will turn up  :wish:   then i will be able to help in cases like this, as i feel helpless, but living here i wont let my babies out.
and

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Poor babies ... it's so sad. 
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
The CP will not help !!!! these are not as feral as ferals are if you know what i mean.

They come runnin today for their food.

CP can only help if they have a barn ready and waiting for them, in short supply in some areas  :( its not safe to keep them in a pen for a few months until something turns up.
Even tho they come for food they wont neccessarily turn into house pets, not many poeple have the facilities such as liz to allow them to get on with it within a home environment and give them the time sadly  :(
The colony i sorted out come very close for food and appear when called but it would be a hell of a task to domesticate them :scared: i hope the Thames contact works out :luck:

Link to CatChat