Author Topic: Warning not for the feint -hearted - contains references to semi nudity!!  (Read 2770 times)

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Warning not for the feint -hearted - contains references to semi nudity!!
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 16:06:17 PM »
I'll always trap and put a spider outside rather than kill it, and even open the doors and chase flies out.
The only insect that gets it in my house is wasps, because my OH loathes them and I'm scared the cats or my baby will be got.

I was at my father-in-laws not so long ago and a moth had got in. I calmly walked up to it, scooped it in my hands and took the fellow outside.
( I was informed by a post somewhere that I may have harmed it doing that, but my intention was good ).

No point in killing if you don't have to.

That gravestone thing sounds absolutely lovely Leigh, you big soft girl.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 08:31:53 AM »
I usually get Lucy dog to munch them for me :shy: some of them are as big as her mouth but she still gets them.  :naughty: I usually leave little spiders, but i flushed an enormous and very fast spider a few months ago, it was REALLY scary. :shy:

Offline soudicca

• Adult Cat
  • Jake's mum
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 23:58:11 PM »
Once had a housemate who hated moths/butterflys.  I hated spiders so we did turn about, she evicted spiders I did the moths.  Nowadays I have a live and let live policy, even when I am dancing about as per this summer when I walked through a spider web and found a spider sitting on my tum.  so glad I am not overlooked as the sight of dancing dervish desperately trying not to scream would not have been a pretty sight.
Black cats rule
RIP Suki, Cleo, Jade & Sam

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 23:26:09 PM »
Spiders and flies don't get much of a chance if they come in our house, if I get there first then they go outside, if not (and more likely), one of the cats gets their first and they become a crunchy snack!

same here.  the things i dislike the most are moths.  i cannot stand them in the bedroom but i try not to let the cats have them as they really do crunch, makes me cringe.

oooh me neither it's their thick hairy bodies and the fast fluttering round you  :scared: I would never harm anything though and always get OH to let them out or try myself.

had to laugh at Leigh and BC  :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 23:27:47 PM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 22:27:32 PM »
Spiders and flies don't get much of a chance if they come in our house, if I get there first then they go outside, if not (and more likely), one of the cats gets their first and they become a crunchy snack!

same here.  the things i dislike the most are moths.  i cannot stand them in the bedroom but i try not to let the cats have them as they really do crunch, makes me cringe.
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 22:26:49 PM »
Well Leigh, you didn't tell me that story when you phoned me this evening  :evillaugh: :naughty: :Luv2: :rofl:

As for spiders - I leave them unless they are in my bedroom and then it's in a tissue and out of the window.  I remember watching a horror film many years ago and a woman went to sleep with her mouth open and a load of spiders fell off the ceiling into her mouth.  :sick: :scared:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 22:17:51 PM »

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 22:14:02 PM »
I am definitely of the "live and let live" theory but I must confess it is not bestowed on fleas and ticks :rofl:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 21:11:49 PM »
I'm forgetting that antipodean spiders have distinctive individual markings, I was thinking of your average UK house spider.
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 21:07:13 PM »
Your powers of observation must be awesome, don't know how you tell 'em apart  ;D

In Australia they are as big as your hand - and they have quite distinctive markings - some have beautiful peacock blue segments on their legs ...

IAt the risk of sounding extremely pretentious, I'd like my gravestone to say "Here lies a Gentle Man!" :)

I think that anyone who knows you would have no qualms about giving you that epithet ...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 21:15:16 PM by blackcat »

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 21:03:23 PM »
If they return more than once they are dead meat!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your powers of observation must be awesome, don't know how you tell 'em apart  ;D

I know it might sound "slushy" but I think it's the cats that have had that effect on me, when I'm stroking Frankie or Alfie on my lap, I have become so aware of the preciousness of life, their life, my life and any other creatures life. i can't bring myself to willfully harm any creature. But for my position at the top of the food chain, I might be the subject of a giant fly squatter or foot  ;D

At the risk of sounding extremely pretentious, I'd like my gravestone to say "Here lies a Gentle Man!" :)

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 21:04:22 PM by LeighK »

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
Quite agree with both of you  :)  Mum hated spiders, but wouldnt let anyone kill them.  "If you want to live and thrive, let the spider run alive" she would say to us.  We have a spider hierarchy.  Whoever hates them least has to remove them for the benefit of those who are less keen ....
My daughter hates them - refers to their webs as spider-bum-grot ..... We had one persistant spider that however many times I removed it, would always reappear in a particular corner of our lounge.  I suggested she "befriend" it and give it a name - It became "Dusty"  Then another turned up and was named by her, "B.a.s.t.a.r.d"  Where did I go wrong in her upbringing? :rofl:
People Power Works!!!

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I have to say that I have a house rule with spiders (not that I have seen one for about four years). If they are inside they are welcome as long as they are not a) in the bedroom near the bed, b) over doors or c) in the bathroom. If they are in any of those locations they get caught, taken outside, given a lecture and released. If they return more than once they are dead meat!!!

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
I hate spiders but can't bring myself to kill any living thing nowdays, I've not caught a dose of Buddhism but every living creature deserves a life whatever phobias one might have. But, I guess, it's not a phobia if the spider is harmfull, then it's a rational fear.

Cheers

Leigh

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
Oh Im sorry  :( - I didnt think  :-[
People Power Works!!!

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
that would be the game that requires flashplayer to engage with it ... >:(

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
If you both want to get your revenge on spiders, go and have a look at this thread  ........."This is great - Ive had loads of fun with this" posted today by Fussy Furball in the General Chatting non-cat stuff   :naughty:
People Power Works!!!

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
Hiya BC, got that t.shirt too, had to do the same with a large biting spider in the leg of a wetsuit that I had donned on holiday once, the wetsuits were stored under log cabin on the lake front and this spider had made it his/her home, not sure of the sex of the spider as I had more pressing issues trying to hurredly remove the skin-tight neoprene as it had bitten me. Fortunately not poisonous but gave me a real lump im my thight.

Cheers.

Leigh

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
It could be a lot worse Leigh.  I once had to drop my trousers in the middle of a shopping mall due to the presence of a large (and I do mean large) spider inside the leg of said trousers  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
Warning not for the feint -hearted - contains references to semi nudity!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 20:16:12 PM »
Hi folks gotta share this one with you,

There I was happily typing away at the computer the other night slobbing around in my tracksuit bottoms and a t.shirt. Alfie decided that "he" should be the sole object of my attention by climbing up and sinking his extremely long and sharp claws into my leg. He got his claws caught in the material of my tracksuit bottoms and was thrashing about so I had to do a sort of hopping dance around the bedroom as I hurriedly removed them. He then proceeded to do a circuit of the bedroom until becoming untangled leaving me dressed in only a t.shirt and my knickers and convulsing in laughter.  ;D

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 20:20:04 PM by LeighK »

Link to CatChat