Author Topic: Wish us lots of luck tomorrow now updated with IMPORTANT BREAKTHROUGH?  (Read 36055 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: Wish us lots of luck tomorrow now updated with treatment programme diary!
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2009, 17:51:31 PM »
I am happy that he is doing well most of the time, I think the setback has upset me because it is not nice to see him so jumpy and anxous and unable to relax.  I don't know why he skitzed again either, it may have been a cat or might just have had a hyperesthesic attack.  Anyway we come to the end of our three week trial programme on Wed so will see what Sarah suggests.  I am certain that his jumpiness started after his ear wash and although the vet says there is absolutely nothing wrong with his ears I am not so sure that it is not related.  It's a chicken and egg situation, which comes first the ears of the skitzing? I am not despondent and am really  not stressed, just concerned that we keep these attacks to the minimum we can but it's hard to manage without being sure of what triggers them

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2009, 16:17:35 PM »
And so say all of us, and so say all of us.  :hug: :hug:

Easier said than done but you've gotta try and be positive.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2009, 16:13:21 PM »
I think you are worrying too much and getting stressed again and Charlie will pick this up.  :hug:

Please stop worrying , my cats also jump at stupid things and I am very quiet. Charlie is doing very well in a very short time, look at all the positives and not the negatives  ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2009, 15:14:35 PM »
How is he doing today?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2009, 22:42:19 PM »
Really bad day today and he even reacted to the sound of me putting a cig out in an ashtray!

:hug: :hug:  Fingers crossed he has a good day tomorrow.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2009, 22:17:11 PM »
Believe me Maryas I is trying!!!!!  I try not to be too quiet because he HAS to be able to live with everyday noises.  He jumps at me shifting position in the chair too, he even once jumped when my friend was using my keyboard.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2009, 21:44:20 PM »
That's the best reason for you to stop smoking  :hug:

Smudge was very nervous with different sounds and I always tried my best to be as quiet as I could.  I always wondered if some kids had scared him when he was outside.  Sometimes even just crossing my legs when sat on the settee would make him jump.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2009, 20:43:13 PM »
Really bad day today and he even reacted to the sound of me putting a cig out in an ashtray!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2009, 18:46:13 PM »
Try not to stress out when you have a setback.  It's inevitable and I'm sure you'll have more.  But overall, Charlie is doing great  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2009, 10:09:02 AM »
This change in weather we keep having is enough to send anyone crazy so I think he's doing ok really.

Well done to you both.

Mary and Bonnie xx :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2009, 21:55:36 PM »
Thanks all for good wishes.  Had a bit of a bad day (sod's law eh?) but nothing too major.  A big skitz this morning but only short, came in through the cat flap like a bat out of hell and his feet almost didn't touch the floor as he belted upstairs - I am guessing he might have seen a passing cat as he went straight to the spare bedroom window.  Has been a bit MORE reactive to noise as is usual when he has a skitzy day but I am not worrying too much about it.  Tomorrow is another day on the long road and he still managed to bash the hell out of his auto feeders when they didn't open to command!

Tan if you would like I can email you his diaries (they are daily ones).  Let me know and I will gladly send them.

Thanks again for reading :)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2009, 14:15:26 PM »
HI Hun

Just caught up with darlin Charlie's thread and it really is such fantasic news he is feeling more calmer and that you also feel better too  ;D :hug:

I am loviong reading his diary and def would't mind hearing how he is getting on daily :)  It's so very interesting for me to hear about cat behaviour and i am still amazed at the things i have learnt and read in cat behaiourst books and how the right actions from us slaves can make so much difference to their lives.

Sending lots of hugs to you and gental stokes in the right place for Charlielad.  :hug:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2009, 12:03:24 PM »
WOW Chrissie!  How interesting is that?  The whole story is fascinating.  I remember you saying months ago that you believed Charlie to be suffering from hyperesthesia but that your vet wouldn't countenance it.

I'm so so pleased that you seem at last to be making some headway with young Charlie.  I almost feel that I don't want to say too much at this juncture in case it all goes pear-shaped again but am sending all positive vibes your way for Charlie's continued improvement.   

What a difference this vet made.....Would you mind if I pm'd you for her details?  I often have customers who need a good behaviourist and it would be good to put them in touch with someone who is genuine and can be recommended.

I'm sure you will continue to have good days and bad days but provided there are more good than bad, then the progress will be steady and continuous until at last you reach that longed for plateau of calm.  I bet that abscess of his bum was causing him some pain too 'cos he might have been suffering from a build-up of anal gland gunge for some time without you knowing it.  Mostly it secretes invisibly by itself but sometimes the glands becomes blocked don't they?  We all know this happens in dogs (and God, doesn't it stink!!!) but cats don't seem to be affected by the condition as much but my guess is that he must have been incubating it for some time.

Anyway Chrissie, a very interesting read...and I shall continue to follow Charlie's progress.

Lots of love to ya both   :Luv2:

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2009, 22:52:05 PM »
this is all really good news.  I hope you will both be more relaxed as a result. So good that you can see how he can be (again, as he was like this before) so if and when he does have a nervy day, you know that he can  and will be so much better, which should hopefully make it easier for you to cope with  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2009, 22:38:21 PM »
Yipeeeee  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mary and Bonnie

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2009, 22:05:57 PM »
Im so pleased he's doing so well! :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2009, 22:01:20 PM »
its wonderful to get these updates on progress and see you much more relaxed and positive,that in turn must benefit Charlie because hes not picking up on your stress,loads of positive vibes are coming that this continues for you both :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2009, 21:31:42 PM »
Yep he used to be ok JaneyK although he has always been pretty high maintenance!

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2009, 20:09:38 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: + Oodles of positive vibes!!!  Brilliant news!!  I have sensitive hearing myself (Im 51 and can still hear bats squeaking - the downstairs neighbours bathroom light switch wakes me up at night ..... hey ho!!) so I feel for poor Charlie.  I can use earplugs if desperate (which I HATE) but you can hardly do that for a cat ..... 

Do so hope he has turned the corner and this is it!!! :)
People Power Works!!!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2009, 20:07:31 PM »
 ;D Fab!

did he used to be ok then MM?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2009, 20:04:35 PM »
Day 17.  I am almost afraid to post!  Charlie is wonderful.  He is calm, funny, loving, mischievous and playful.  He has not had a proper skitzy episode for quite a few days and seems to be much much calmer.  Today for the first time we had a long play session involving lots of running around but he never got hyper.  He has been headbutting me all day for kisses and loves and up to his usual mischievousness.  I am not going to say he is cured because I don't think he is (I don't even know if he can be completely) but my goodness he is very nearly back to the old Charlie boy.  Please send positive vibes that it continues.  The only thing that hasn't changed is the reactveness to sounds. Thanks for reading.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2009, 09:53:05 AM »
Well done you and Charlie  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2009, 09:50:08 AM »
Sounds like Charlie is making good progress, well done you   :hug:  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2009, 22:43:28 PM »
Sounds like Charlie is doing fantastically.  2 weeks is such a short time but he's made loads of progress.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2009, 22:39:10 PM »
This all sounds like such good news. Well done you two! :D

Offline lucky and jj mum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2009, 21:48:54 PM »
Thats great Chrissie is just over two weeks the difference you have notice in Charlie. Well done the pair of you  :)
My pet's are my world.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2009, 21:25:47 PM »
Its so nice to hear you being more positive now and fantastic that Charlie is doing so well ;D and thats after 2 weeks things can only get better from now on, It must have been so hard to refuse the tummy tickle but well done for keeping to the rules :hug: :hug: 

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2009, 20:32:01 PM »
Day 15 - not much to report really.  Things have def been calmer and quieter with Charlie.  He has had no skitzy episodes at all for the last two days.  He was running around today but it was playful and more controlled.  His fur is hardly ever rippling and he is quite affectionate.  Even offered me his tummy today which sadly I had to decline.  He is not hassling too much for food and is sometimes even refusing his few biscuits.  His weight has stabilised but still needs to go down a little.  The only thing that hasn't improved at all is the reactivity to noise.  We are now two weeks into the three week programme. 

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2009, 15:24:50 PM »
It is supposedly all part of the hyperesthesia when they become more reactive to sounds and sensations.  He has certainly only been like this since his ear wash though but the vet wont have it!

there are some things the vet knows far more about than you and some that you DEFINITELY know more about than the vet! Try not to get infuriated! How often has Charlie had his inner ear/s checked or does he not allow that? If sound is 'too loud' for him (and cats can hear - when they want to - for such long distances) it may well settle down over time.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2009, 23:13:09 PM »
It sounds like things are going really well.  Did she say anything about the hyperesthesia getting better over time or will he always be ultra sensitive to noise etc?

Offline lucky and jj mum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2009, 22:00:51 PM »
It is supposedly all part of the hyperesthesia when they become more reactive to sounds and sensations.  He has certainly only been like this since his ear wash though but the vet wont have it!
That does sound like the cleaning out of his ears has made him more sensitive to noise.
Glad things are still going well Chrissie, we are a right pair even when things going well we have to worry :Crazy:
My pet's are my world.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2009, 17:14:32 PM »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2009, 17:08:04 PM »
Poor boy must just be able top hear them now and maybe never has before.

I know that Misa jumps at many things too and gets really worried at little noises, which in his case is his bad pasy I think.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2009, 17:04:32 PM »
Me shifting in a chair, the central heating going on and off, anything really.  Noises he never used to react to

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2009, 16:44:55 PM »
This sounds good  ;D

what do you call everyday noise?

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2009, 15:44:37 PM »
Im so happy for you that this is working and Charlie is much calmer :)im sure you must feel better in yourself now and with you being calmer then hopefully so will he and things can only get better ;D still sending some calming and positive vibes for you both :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2009, 14:39:36 PM »
Day 13.  There is no doubt that Charlie has been calmer, in fact I got a bit worried because he was so quiet!  A nice balance would be good.  He still has some skitzy periods but they are of very short duration and nowhere like as often.  He has adapted to the automatic feeding regime though I have, today, increased the time between them from four to 6 hours.  He has had good fun in the snow today and is now snoozing quietly on the dining table.  He has been quite affectionate too although will only tolerate so much before he does a gentle bite.  His headshaking increased over the weekend but seems to have slowed down a little now.  He is using his Yakult bottle, treat ball and egg box but only having 3 biscuits in each twice a day.  Not had a poo for a couple of days but did do two massive ones after the Dentabits incident.  On the whole I think I can say there is improvement.  There is, however, no improvement whatsoever in the reaction to everyday noise.  Still another 10 or so to go before it is reviewed by Sarah.  Thanks for reading  :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2009, 18:54:52 PM »
Logging in for the latest report and hoping it's going well...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2009, 08:38:03 AM »
That all sounds really positive, hope it continues for you both  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2009, 21:59:42 PM »
I'm so glad you're seeing improvements  ;D

Link to CatChat