Author Topic: Some exciting news ,this'll be a lot of fun to do.  (Read 4935 times)

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
Re: Some exciting news ,this'll be a lot of fun to do.
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 10:47:02 AM »
I suppose in these days Dawn with electronic copy, digital pictures, electronic typesetting and DTP things are much more versatile.

Cheers

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2009, 10:33:51 AM »
it does sound tight but the last time I had anything to do with things being published was in 1987 and I know the treasurer magazine wouldn't have let you have such a close cut off date  :evillaugh: - I'm sure things are different now!

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 10:06:30 AM »
Thanks Dawn, that would explain why their deadline for copy is next Monday!  ;D

Cheers

Leigh

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 10:04:40 AM »
it usually comes out around 14th of the month so I would expect the March edition around 14 Feb

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 09:40:09 AM »
Good morning folks,

I sent the new (final) draft of the article to them this morning along with a nice picture of his Royal Catness Alfie :)

I'll let you know when I hear more information.

Cheers

Leigh

PS. Here's the article entitled "Living with FIV."

In early 2006 I had not long moved into a new second floor flat and I had started contacting local cat charities with the aim of adopting an indoor or "flat cat" as they are sometimes called. I knew that I could give a cat a loving home and that, he or she, would be great company. I approached several local cat re-homing charities but they hadn’t got any suitable cats on their books at that time but a chance remark by one lady who visited me to do a home check changed everything. She asked me if I would consider giving a home to an FIV cat explaining that FIV cats make perfect indoor only cats which suited my domestic circumstances perfectly. I decided to do some research into the disease and was re-assured to learn that FIV cats can lead long, healthy and normal lives provided that a few sensible precautions are taken, such as keeping them indoors, and equally importantly the disease is not transferable to humans or other species.

Very soon afterwards I found Alfie or “Little ‘Al” as he was then called on the website of a local cat charity, I've got to say that it was a case of "love at first sight" and soon the eagerly awaited day arrived and this small tabby and white, approximately two year old, bundle of fun was curiously and  cautiously exploring his new home. Alfie had a quite miserable start in life, after being found as a stray by a local dog warden he had then been diagnosed by the charity’s vet as having contracted FIV.  Alfie and his fellow FIV+ companion Frankie, whom I adopted a few months later, now aged six, have proven to be very loving, normal and fun cats and apart from Alfie having a few minor health concerns, they have both been in excellent health. Alfie suffers from the occasional bout of conjunctivitis in one eye but I am happy to say that these episodes have become less and less frequent and shorter in duration and clear up without requiring veterinary treatment. Frankie on the other hand has never had any cause to visit a vet in the last two and a half years, so, when I say "minimal", there really hasn't been any serious cause for concern. I think that a very important consideration with any indoor is the provision of a mentally stimulating environment and I try to make their environment as playful and interesting as possible. In the case of FIV cats in particular I am convinced that they benefit greatly from a stress-free environment and it is to this, at least in part, that I attribute, their excellent health record,. They have responded wonderfully to the provision of a stable loving environment and to see how,  Alfie, in particular has developed from a slightly nervous and shy character into an extremely confident and happy cat is immensely rewarding and a real joy to behold.     

They have both adapted very easily to their indoor lifestyle so-dictated by the requirement to keep them free from exposure to any cat-related illnesses which their compromised immune systems cannot defend them against and also so as to prevent them from passing it onto non-FIV infected cats. Transmission of the disease is most commonly caused by saliva entering a wound after receiving a penetrating bite by an FIV-infected cat. FIV is more prevalent in territorially-minded male cats a risk that can be greatly diminished by neutering. The virus is a very fragile virus and cannot live outside of the host for long and thus I decided to accept the risk of mixing FIV and non-FIV cats when I adopted my mother’s elderly cat who lived happily alongside the boys for over two years without contracting the disease until she passed away, at the ripe old age of 17, of a feline age-related illness in late 2008. According to all the available scientific evidence that I've read FIV cats can live as long as any other cat. In all honesty, I simply don't know how long their lifespans might be, but then again, who of us does? and does that really matter?, not to me it doesn't, as long as we have each other and live for the now. In my opinion, the alternative, the euthanasia of an otherwise healthy cat just because it has FIV is so hideous and unjust that  it just doesn't bare thinking about.   

Adopting Alfie and Frankie has had a very real and positive impact on my life. Not only are they both great fun and great company but the experience of living with FIV and the realisation that this illness is traditionally misunderstood and often quite wrongly the ignorance surrounding it has been interpreted as a death sentence has encouraged me to get more personally involved in publicising and sharing my experiences of FIV. This involvement led to the creation, in late 2007, of www.alfie-cat.co.uk an attempt to harness the power of the internet to share my experiences and facts on FIV. The website is an somewhat eclectic mix of fun and information on FIV mixed in with my first-hand anecdotal experiences of our life together and has been very warmly received by many visitors from around the world. My work largely involves multi-media and last year I created a short fun animated video of, as far as I am currently aware, the world’s first FIV Cat Rock band “Letterbox” which appears on the website and, I hope serves as an entertaining vehicle to further publicise the website and thus help to increase awareness of FIV. The video, featuring “Slow-Paw” Alfie on lead guitar, “Fat Boy” Frankie on bass guitar and “Sultry” Suzie on drums was recently awarded a prize in an online video contest the winnings going into the boys’ rainy-day fund to help with any veterinary costs that might occur. I learned quickly that obtaining health insurance for an FIV positive cat is very problematical although limited cover might be available so I took the decision to put money aside for them to help cover future health-related contingencies. I should also mention that the charities, Croydon Animal Samaritans and Cats Protection from whom I adopted the boys have been absolutely marvellous not only for their friendly support but also they have kindly provided financial assistance to help cover veterinary bills which, as I have previously mentioned, have, to-date, been absolutely minimal.

In conclusion, when I look at Alfie and Frankie I don’t see two cats with FIV, I see two normal fun-loving cats that just happen to have FIV.  FIV cats
deserve just the same opportunities of a happy home and a happy life as any other cat and I cannot even begin to describe the many ways in which they have
enriched my life.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 10:05:23 AM by LeighK »

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 21:28:40 PM »
Okay hun, I'll see what they say, good idea.

They ahev told me it'll be in the March edition, I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers

Leigh

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 21:18:13 PM »
Ooh this is great!  Please let us know what issue you'll be in and i'll be sure to buy it!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 20:24:44 PM »
Yeah, maybe you could word it that insurance is available, but would almost certainly have limitation as to cover - something like that? xxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 19:30:29 PM »
Hi hun,

I thought about that when I was writing the bit about insurance, I guess it's a dificult one to call and I thought I'd err on the side of caution, maybe I'll mention it to them and see what they think.

Cheers

Leigh

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 19:15:15 PM »
Good article hun, the only thing I would alter is the bit about getting insurance for an FIV cat, as I think I've broken the mould a bit with that one and Max's payouts for kidney, thyrod etc, which I'm sure they would have tried to avoid paying if they could  :)

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 19:01:07 PM »
Hi folks,

I have just received an e-mail back from their editor Sue saying that they are happy with what I've written and seeking elaboration on a few points so I have revised the article a little the new draft appears below and I will be sending it, along with pics to her tomorrow.

Living with FIV.

In early 2006 I had not long moved into a new second floor flat and I had started contacting local cat charities with the aim of adopting an indoor or "flat cat" as they are sometimes called. I knew that I could give a cat a loving home and that, he or she, would be great company. I approached several local cat re-homing charities but they hadn’t
got any suitable cats on their books at that time but a chance remark by one lady who visited me to do a home check changed everything. She asked me if I
would consider giving a home to an FIV cat explaining that FIV cats make perfect indoor only cats which suited my domestic circumstances perfectly. I decided
to do some research into the disease and was re-assured to learn that FIV cats can lead long, healthy and normal lives provided that a few sensible
precautions are taken, such as keeping them indoors, and the disease is not transferable to humans or other species.

Very soon afterwards I had found Alfie or Little ‘Al as he was then called on the website of a local cat charity, I've got to say that it was a case of "love
at first sight" and soon the eagerly awaited day arrived and this small tabby and white, approximately two year old, bundle of fun was curiously and
cautiously exploring his new home. Alfie had had a quite miserable start in life, after being found as a stray by a local dog warden and he had been
diagnosed by the charity’s vet as having contracted FIV.  Not only has Alfie and his FIV+ companion Frankie whom I adopted a few months later, proven to be very loving,
normal and fun cats but, apart from Alfie having a few minor health concerns, they have both been in excellent health. Alfie suffers from the occasional
bought of conjuntivits in one eye which, I'm told, was inadvertantly caused by being treated with the "live" version of the cat-flu ivacinne at the
charity's vet before he was subsequently diagnosed as having FIV when he should, I've learned, have received the "dead" version of the vacine. In the last
three years that we've been together I am happy to say that these episodes have become less and less frequent and shorter in duration. Frankie on the other
hand has never had any cause to visit a vet in the last two and a half years so, when I say "minimal" there really hasn't been any serious cause for concern.

They have both adapted very easily to their indoor lifestyle so-dictated by the requirement to keep them free from exposure to any cat-related illnesses
which their compromised immune systems couldn’t defend them against and also from passing it onto non-FIV infected cats. Transmission of the disease is most
frequently caused by saliva entering a wound after receiving a penetrating bite by an FIV-infected cat. FIV is more prevalent in territorially-minded male
cats a risk that can be greatly diminished by neutering. The virus is a very fragile virus and cannot live outside of the host for long and thus I accepted
the risk of mixing FIV and non-FIV cats when I adopted my mother’s elderly cat who happily lived alongside the boys for two years without contracting the
disease until she passed away, at the ripe old age of 17, of a feline age-related illness in late 2008. According to all the available scientific evidence
that I've read FIV cats can live as long as any other cat. I don't know how long we've got together, who does?, but does that really matter, not to me it
doesn't, as long as we have each other and, in my opinion, the euthanasia of an otherwise healthy cat is such a hideous alternative that personally-speaking,
it doesn't bare thinking about.   

Adopting Alfie and Frankie has had a real and very positive impact on my life. Not only are they both great fun and great company but the experience of
living with FIV and the realisation that this illness is traditionally misunderstood and often quite wrongly the ignorance surrounding it has been
interpreted as a death sentence has encouraged me to get more personally involved in publicising and sharing my experiences of FIV. This involvement led to
the creation of www.alfie-cat.co.uk in late 2007 an attempt to harness the power of the internet to share my experiences and facts on FIV. The website is an
eclectic mix of fun and information on FIV mixed in with my first-hand anecdotal experiences of the disease and has been very warmly received by many
visitors from around the world. My work largely involves multi-media and last year I created a short fun animated video of, as far as I am currently aware,
the world’s first FIV Cat Rock band “Letterbox” which appears on the website and, I hope serves as an entertaining vehicle to further publicise the website
and thus help to increase awareness of FIV. The video, featuring “Slow-Paw” Alfie on lead guitar, “Fat Boy” Frankie on bass guitar and “Sultry” Suzie on
drums was recently awarded a prize in an online video contest the winnings going into the boys’ rainy-day fund to help with any veterinary costs that might
occur. I learned quickly that obtaining health insurance for an FIV positive cat is very problematical if not impossible so I took the decision to put money
asside for them to help cover future health-related contigencies. I should mention that the charity from whom I adopted the boys has been absolutely
marvellous not only for their friendly support but also they have kindly provided financial assitance to help cover veterinary bills which, as I have
previously mentioned, have, to-date, been absolutely minimal.

In conclusion, when I look at Alfie and Frankie I don’t see two cats with FIV, I see two normal fun-loving cats that just happen to have FIV.  FIV cats
deserve just the same opportunities of a happy home and a happy life as any other cat and I cannot even begin to describe the many ways in which they have
enriched my life.

---

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 19:27:40 PM by LeighK »

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 15:38:19 PM »
Hi Chris, yes I think they would smell a rat  :rofl: it's only a first draft, I'll see what they think, I wanted to send them something quickly so that they've got something and so there's plenty of time for feedback, alterations etc.

Cheers

Leigh

PS I'd love to use this pic but it's captured from video so it's too grainy and not high enough DPI, it's the first picture in Alfie's photo album, link below

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4d7a51324e7a41304e513d3d0d0a&campaign=blog_playback_link

PPS. They gave me the opportunity to go with another title other than "Living with FIV" but I have chosen to keep it because it sums things up nicely. I haven't given FIV it's full name to keep things inside their guideline word-count and also they will do a "Key Facts" bit to go with the article so there's no need really. I have tried to emphasise how "healthy and happy" they are and that having FIV cats isn't tantamount to having sickly and unhappy cats. Really hope that it has a positive effect and more lovely FIV puds get the loving home they deserve, that thought makes gives me a real warm feeling deep down inside, or, just maybe, it was that curry I had earlier, no, just joking ;D, with my stomach problems I, can't even eat them nowdays :(
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 16:17:36 PM by LeighK »

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 15:35:49 PM »
That's very good, Leigh.  Don't be upset if they sub it a bit, because they usually do (p*ss*ng on the lamp-post, I call it).

Do you think if I send them a letter now saying how interesting the article was and can we see more from Leigh K, they'd smell a rat?  :rofl:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 15:24:01 PM »
Thanks guys,

I thought I'd write it now and have sent a draft copy over to them for their comments, 700 words and pic/pics to follow.

Yes, it looks like my luck has started to turn, AT LAST!, it has brightened up my day and my outlook and provided a much needed boost for my spirits.

I hope they approve of what I have written, I have tried to write it from the angle of a very personal perspective, my experiences and learning curve with FIV and my humble and small attempts to date to educate and publicise it through my website etc.

I will, of course, keep you up to date regarding the article. Although I buy the magazine for my mum I don't buy cat magazines myself as there's not a lot in them that personally interests me, not enough "real world" stuff as Dawn has already commented on.  I won't tell the boy's yet, they'll be absolutely insufferable ! :) :)

Cheers

Leigh

PS. here's a first draft, hope it reads okay :

-----

In early 2006 I had not long moved into a new second floor flat and I had started contacting local cat charities with the aim of adopting an indoor cat. I knew that I could give a cat a loving home and that, he or she, would be great company. I approached several local cat re-homing charities but they hadn’t got any suitable cats on their books at that time but a chance remark by one lady who visited me to do a home check changed everything. She asked me if I would consider giving a home to an FIV cat explaining that FIV cats make perfect indoor only cats which suited my domestic circumstances perfectly. I decide to do some research into the disease and was re-assured to learn that FIV cats can lead long, healthy and normal lives and the disease is not transferable to humans or other species.

Very soon afterwards I had found Alfie or Little ‘Al as he was then called on the website of a local cat charity and the eagerly awaited day had arrived and this small tabby and white, approximately two year old, bundle of fun was curiously and cautiously exploring his new home. Alfie had had a quite miserable start in life, after being found as a stray by a local dog warden he had been diagnosed by the charity’s vet as having FIV.  Not only has Alfie and his FIV+ companion Frankie whom I adopted a few months later, proven to be very loving, normal and fun cats but, apart from a few minor health concerns, they have both been in excellent health. They have both adapted very easily to their indoor lifestyle so-dictated by the requirement to keep them free from exposure to any cat-related illnesses which their compromised immune systems couldn’t defend them against and also from passing it onto non-FIV infected cats. Transmission of the disease is most frequently by saliva entering a wound after being bitten by an FIV-infected cat , and is more prevalent in territorially-minded male cats a risk that can be greatly diminished by neutering. The virus is a very fragile virus and cannot live outside of the host for long and thus I accepted the risk of mixing FIV and non-FIV cats when I adopted my mother’s elderly cat who happily lived alongside the boys for two years without contracting the disease until she passed away, at the ripe old age of 17, of an age-related illness in late 2008.

Adopting Alfie and Frankie has had a real and very positive impact on my life. Not only are they both great fun and great company but the experience of living with FIV and the realisation that this illness is traditionally misunderstood and often quite wrongly the ignorance surrounding it has been interpreted as a death sentence has encouraged me to get more personally involved in publicising and sharing my experiences of FIV. This involvement led to the creation of www.alfie-cat.co.uk in late 2007 an attempt to harness the power of the internet to share my experiences and facts on FIV. The website is an eclectic mix of fun and information on FIV mixed in with my first-hand experiences of the disease and has been very warmly received by many visitors from around the world. My work largely involves multi-media and last year I created a short fun animated video of, as far as I am currently aware, the world’s first FIV Cat Rock band “Letterbox” which appears on the website and, I hope serves as an entertaining vehicle to further publicise the website and thus help to increase awareness of FIV. The video, featuring “Slow-Paw” Alfie on lead guitar, “Fat Boy” Frankie on bass guitar and “Sultry” Suzie on drums was recently awarded a prize in an online video contest the winnings going into the boys’ rainy-day fund to help with any veterinary costs that might occur.

In conclusion, when I look at Alfie and Frankie I don’t see two cats with FIV, I see two normal fun-loving cats that just happen to have FIV.  FIV cats deserve just the same opportunities of a happy home and a happy life as any other cat and I cannot even begin to describe the many ways in which they have enriched my life.

------
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 15:30:18 PM by LeighK »

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 14:38:56 PM »
Great News Leigh! Sounds like things are turning around for you and not before time!! ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 14:24:08 PM »
they do have letters pages Christine and are usually best avoided but I agree, we should all write in in praise of Leigh!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 13:59:05 PM »
Ooh, well done Leigh!

Do they have a letters page?  If they do, I'll buy that issue and write them a letter saying how wonderful your feature was  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 13:37:28 PM »
Brilliant hun, well done  ;D  Will defo buy a copy.

Let me know if you need any input  :hug: xxxx

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 13:34:27 PM »
Congratulations!!!  I think the magazine's  sales are about to go up .......   A book next ?  :briggin: :naughty:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 13:34:43 PM by Wibblechick »
People Power Works!!!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 13:28:23 PM »
Told you things were getting better. :hug:

Do we all get autographed copies  :evillaugh: :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary x
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 13:24:22 PM »
Well Done! I don't normally buy it either but I will for that issue! It'll be so much more popular I bet they'll ask you to write something else!!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 13:00:00 PM »
oooh well done Leigh  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 12:46:52 PM »
Aww that's fantastic news, I too will make sure I buy that edition

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 12:46:05 PM »
Yeayyy! Go Leigh. :) :yayyy:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 12:30:04 PM »
Thats great news Leigh - I dont normally buy it but I shall certainly get that issue! :wow:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 12:18:49 PM »
great news leigh and dont forget to remind us when its published................will sneakie into tescoes for a read  ;D

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 12:07:07 PM »
Well done.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 11:51:54 AM »
This is great stuff - let us know when it's out and I will run and buy it!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 11:33:37 AM »
Thanks guys,

I buy it for my mum as she loves ANYTHING with pictures of and/or stories about cats. I won't let on when I give it to her, I'll let her say "there's a picture of a cat just like Alfie" before telling her :). I really wanted to try and get more exposure for the FIV issue, as you all know, that's what has inspired and motivated me with the alfie-cat website. I will keep you posted on any news but aim to have the article written and submitted to them by next Monday at the latest, quite possibly sooner :). This news has given me a real "buzz" this morning something that I badly needed to drag me out of pre-moving-blues-syndrome :). It's funny how one goes down different paths in life isn't it, one chance comment about adopting an FIV cat has lead to so much fun, my friends on CatChat and then Purrs, the totally un-expected pet competition win in 2007 the website launch late 2007, the video competition placing late last year and, of course, above all, the priceless love and companionship of Alfie and Frankie.

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 11:43:14 AM by LeighK »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 11:22:51 AM »
Leigh that is great!   I won't cancel my subscription yet!  its been bothering me lately that they don't talk enough about real issues and seem to concentrate only on breed profiles and odd celebrity stories but I look forward to seeing you in print!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 11:22:22 AM »
That's brilliant Leigh, well done you!  ;D I haven't bought it for ages but I'll be buying that one.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
Some exciting news ,this'll be a lot of fun to do.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:18:51 AM »
Hi folks,

Some while back I e-mailed the editor at Your Cat magazine enquiring if they would be interested in writing an article on FIV cats, my experiences with Alfie and Frankie and their website etc. I am thrilled to say that they have just contacted me inviting me to write a short article for publication in their forthcoming March edition and I have accepted with pleasure so will be writing it up and submitting it in the next few days. I'm absolutely delighted to have been afforded this opportunity to help to spread the word about FIV cats and it'll make a very pleasant distraction from my current stresses regarding the move etc.

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 11:20:24 AM by LeighK »

Link to CatChat