Author Topic: ..Yes, I'm new as well !...  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: ..Yes, I'm new as well !...
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 12:23:14 PM »
I think looking at your boys ... a "pile" should now be reffered to as a "snuggle of cats"  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Essa

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 06:48:48 AM »
Hello  - And Thanks for the lovely welcome - :thankyou: Im playing about with icons now so i'll be interested to see if this one posts ok !

I am really enjoying this forum , the cat/kitty pix on here are so gorgeous . The rainbow bridge section is so beautiful, it sets me off every time so i can't go on it much  but it is so lovely to have a special area for all of the special boys and girls who have moved over to the bridge...i'm going to try and post a picture of my Sandy Boy who went to the bridge about 20months ago, he was such a special boy, but they all are.He was also a ginger , i can't help it i just love my ginger boys ..

Looking forward to getting to know everybody on here  :catluv: :best:

ps - i was trying to think up a good way of describing a pile of kitties in the plural , i came up with a ' mess of cats' or a 'tangle of cats' as when my boys curl up you can't see where one ends and the next one starts they are so tangled up with paws and tails ! - Anyone any ideas ?!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 06:51:25 AM by Essa »

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 03:40:54 AM »
Hi Essa  :welcome: to Purrs.  What a lovely story and fab pics (especially the pile of kitties) x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 14:00:56 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, essa.  Glad you found us and decided to join  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 12:32:26 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

What a lovely furry family you have  :Luv2:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 11:45:37 AM »
Hi Essa  :welcome: to Purrs,

Your furbabes are  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:  the boys obviously really love each other ... there's nothing better then seeing a "pile" of kitties all snuggled up together like that.

I'm sure you'll have a great time on here we are very friendly and the site has loads of really helpful and interesting information on everything "cat" and quiet a few other random topics.

All the best

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 10:48:33 AM »
They are gorgeous, but i doubt Bengal with the colour of them.
Please spay your cat

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 09:57:22 AM »
Hello Essa and  :welcome: to purrs, your boys are gorgous,  :Luv: i love the way they a;; curl up together :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 07:43:04 AM »
awwwwwww, that's just gorgeous  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Essa

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 07:41:20 AM »
the boys having a mass kip in /love in . so hard choosing pix , am going to put a few in the gallery as well later showing their markings as hoping that someone could throw some light on the 'are they half bengal' ? question ..can't see the spotted back on joey in this pic but will dig one out that shows his gorgeous markings
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:53:58 AM by Essa »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 07:38:05 AM »
Hi Essa,

lovely to hear about all your cats and to see the pics  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Essa

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 07:03:15 AM »
- Thankyou for the welcome !

I've dug out two pics, one of a much younger Cassie (she is a lot more filled out now, being a six years !) and one of my boys (again this pic is about six months old they were probably about one year old on this pic)

i've had to put the pic of the boys on a new post due to file size i am not too good at resizing !
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:36:11 AM by Essa »

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 07:00:40 AM »
Hi Essa,  :welcome: to Purrs!

Glad to hear you're already addicted to this site and catchat...you're not alone

Just One teensy thing...piccies are needed of your furbabes...thems the rules!  :evillaugh:

Ruth, Keli, Z and RW x

Offline Essa

• Adult Cat
..Yes, I'm new as well !...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 06:44:57 AM »
Hi Everyone ,

I'm new to this forum , i got here via catchat and i got there via google when I'd lost my ginger boy lat weekend - who miraculously turned up I am overjoyed to say.

I havn't been able to stay away from my daily check on catchat since , and this community is fabulous - ever feel like you're instantly 'at home' ? Well i do on here, as everyone is as cat mad as I am - it's great to be able to see that everyone is on that cat-crazy wavelength, fab !

We currently have four cat family members , one female black shorthair who is around six or seven years and an absolutely gorgeous green eyed girl (called Cassie) ; and three brothers who are all around 18months old - two ginger boys (Joey - soft as a mop, technically a tom cat but very pretty and very very gentle; and Ozzie - very affectionate  and extremely handsome boy, very definately a tomcat with a 'tom' face (if that makes sense ?!) and very definately the alpha of the three and protector of his brothers) , and one gorgeous black boy (Carlos - this cat is so laid back as to be horizontal, which he is most of the time come to think of it - if Carlos were a person he would be a very chilled out 'yeah, man' hippy that's for sure, beautiful boy , he likes to groom his ginger brothers and lick their ears (and other less printable parts of their anatomy at times ) and snuggle them both in for a mass 'kip in' on the armchair : )

The boys are all rescues , we got them as kittens from the local CP, went for one kitten , came back with three, you know how it is, lol , couldn't choose any of them over the other and felt really strongly that they needed to stay to gether as that was all that they'd known - they were found dumped in a cardboard box and the CP fosterer seemed to think that a breeder may have dumped them as they look like they may well be the product of a happy union between a bengal and a heinz 57 good old moggy - they are gorgeous boys all of them, and i think i can see the bengal in them but being no expert i don't know for sure.

Cassie (our gorgeous girl cat)adopted me , she turned up one bitterly cold December morning at the place that i used to work , which was slapbang in the middle of a vast housing estate. She was tiny, and starving (trying to eat an apple core covered in cigarette ash when i forst saw her). She hung around where i worked meowing for a good hour , i kept nipping out , stroking her, putting water out and expecting her to be gone when i next looked, but no, still there. I was worried about the freezing overnight conditions so said to my boss that i needed to get her to the cat shelter asap, luckily my boss said yeah, fine, so off i went. but - no room at the inn. take her home with you for now they said, and put up posters etc. so...this i did. i also tooke her to the local vet up the road who de-flead her, de-ticked her and generally checked her out for everything and gave her the usual innoculations....that night we put her in one of our outbuildings with a blanket, food and water as we weren't sure if she was an outdoor/feral cat and we already had Sandy (our other ginger boy also a rescue and sadly now at the rainbow bridge)   so my husband said 'she's not staying' (as in for good - he could sense i think that this was the start of our multi cat households , and i think that he was having last minute male commitment issues lol)and i half expected her to have jumped ship the next morning , but no still there , having eaten everything and had a good nights kip....'phoned the shelter again , still no room, anyway that night the forecast was for well below freezing. i said to my husband that i felt strongly that she needed to come into the house overnight  as it was going to be belwo freezing that night , yes he reluctantly agreed : ) and the rest is history - the crafty madam made a beeline for my other half and proceeded , in that cute kitten like way , to nestle her way into a kitten shaped ball upon his lap and fall asleep. He was smitten , and although we tried and tried to find out where she had come from no one came forward, and now she is a total daddy's girl , six years on , pretty much refusing all laps except my husbands , who is as besotted with her as she is with him,clever girl : )

So , that's our family. I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone on here, human and cat ! Sorry for long post , i get carried away once i start talking 'cat' !

ps - i just want to add that we tried absolutely everything to find out where Cassie had come from and to find out if she had an owner, posters, ads you nmae it and we must have phoned the shelter a dozen times and local vets etc but nothing came of it. it was hard knowing what more we could have done, and believe me we did our best.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:50:22 AM by Essa »

Link to CatChat