Author Topic: Winston has been to the vets !  (Read 8454 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Winston has been to the vets !
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 21:40:37 PM »
Ahh poor Winston  :hug:  I wouldn't worry too much about the heart murmur as they are surprisingly common in cats.

Glad he has seen the vet though and hopefully he will be feeling a bit brighter soon.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: Winston has been to the vets !
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 21:30:15 PM »
Poor Winston.  Good job you took him.  Hope he is soon feeling better.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Winston has been to the vets !
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 21:23:50 PM »
Posted in the "not another poo thread"- but after Winston having the runs for 5 days and had tried the prokolin stuff and weetabix etc and he still seemed to have it i thought its vet time now.
Anyway good job i did - he said he is bloated and gave him 2 injections -1 anti-inflamatory and 1 anti bioti which he gave around his back and Winston cried a bit and wasn''t very happy . He then decided to give him a worm tablet too as he was due anyway ( he had said how lovely he was -but after he had trouble getting the tablet down him and Winston spat it out 3 times when he did , i think he changed his mind !)
Anyway he said he may have colitis and "did you know he has a heart murmur " - which i didn't know !
Now thats odd in one way -i have both those things myself ( with a few other things too !!!)
Now i have Poor Smartie with a enlarged heart and Winston with a heart murmur  :(
Anyway , he also has a course of antibiotics to take for 5 days -2 per day .

Link to CatChat