Author Topic: Mabel is reborn!  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Mabel is reborn!
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 00:30:52 AM »
Poor Don, so pleased he got to you safe and then back home. Hope he doesnt try it again but just shows what a loving cat Mabel is  ;D

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 21:37:23 PM »
I hope not, he had to walk 4 miles and across a motorway to get here... they moved from my village to town about a year ago when they got a house

they have said they are going to shut him in for a week and give him extra attention away from the baby

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 21:19:28 PM »
Oh yes sorry should have said three cats plus a friend :) got a feeling Don will be back ;D

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 19:50:34 PM »
well I have Indy and Misha

am Fostering Mabel (technically, I get the feeling we have her forever now)

and the splodgey grey cat has been collected by an embarressed owner who went around village looking for their cat, apparently he is having issues adjusting to a new baby and keeps disappearing for a few days

He is called Don

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 19:49:19 PM »
What a kind girl mabel is  ;D

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 19:43:58 PM »
So you have three cats then ;) hehe Mabel is lovely hope she continues to make good progress :Luv:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 19:08:24 PM »
Mabel is gorgeous, stunning eyes!
How sweet that shes brought a friend home whos got no where else to go, watch out or you'll end up with soft touch written on your roof in illuminated text  :evillaugh:

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 17:06:38 PM »
Mabel wastes no time in sharing out her comforts  ;) ;)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 15:05:53 PM »
They are great beds - i bought one too and they give a bit if a bigger cat gets in - mine all swap bout as they have one each.
I am sure it will be of benefit to Mabel - my beds are on 24 /7 and i am sat on here freeezing as cannot afford to put heating on just yet - they ae lovely and toasty in their beds - could do with one myself !

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 14:44:00 PM »
well apparently Mabel is renting out the bed... popped out to freezer and there was a mouse inside the door... or rather an ex mouse... and a strange cat in Mabels bed... with Mabel

the hussy

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 12:51:15 PM »
She is so pretty and in this weather she must really appreciate her heated bed :Luv:, shes lucky to have you look out for her unlike the lost and homeless :( i do hope they can cope with this extreme weather
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »
Mabel is just gorgeous and hope she will discover the delights of inddors soon. so pleased she has a nice heated bed which is helping her so much  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 11:38:50 AM »
Glad she likes her comfy toasty bed  :) It's been so cold here recently it's been upsetting me thinking of all the cats that are homeless and cold  :( Glad Mabel isn't one of them.

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 10:47:01 AM »
Such good news about Mabel. May she continue to heal & love her warm comfy bed.

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 10:36:10 AM »
it is rated at 15 W but on the reader (part of the timer from an old fishtank) it is actually using about 9 watts, but we figured since it is only on a timer and is using less than my fishtank then tis ok

also at £20 I could afford it  :innocent: and my parents pay the leccy... :Luv2: I luv them

when we build the cat pen around the patio she will be provided with a shelter (and her snuggly bed) and brought into the pen, that way she gets her outdoor life to an extent but I can properly work on getting her hand tame as in about 3 months she's getting her physical and this time I want intact arms!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 10:28:39 AM »
Great to see a kitty turn around. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before she is in the house. Have you check the power consumption of the heated bed. The ones I bought are only 3 watts and I worked it out a while ago that if they are on constantly from October to April, they use less than £5 worth of electric each.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 10:23:46 AM »
WONDERFUL she must be enjoying the comfort and heat bless her.  Well done to you for looking after her

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
Mabel is reborn!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 09:34:07 AM »
As many of you know I have a foster feral kitty called Mabel.

When I got her she had so many half healed broken bones and even though she is a fairly large cat weighed just over 2kilos, despite the injuries she had managed to hunt well enough to feed her kitten (my own Indy)

Anyways, recap over, but where her thigh/hip were broken she still limps and with the cold she has been hobbling around for several hours, all day in some cases. As she still lives in the garage (we are working on getting her inside) she is obviously sleeping in vey cold conditions

so I bought her this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEATED-BED-Pet-dog-cat-heater-pad-electric-heat-mat_W0QQitemZ350149965214QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs?hash=item350149965214&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1296|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

and she is absolutely *loving* it. I have it on a timer so it is only on from 8pm to 10am to save electricity. This morning when it was time to feed her she positively *bounced* across the patio and was headbutting the backs of my legs as I put her food out!

Latest Mabel piccy

and just after we first got her, after a week of good food and a spay, you can see despite the fur she is lean and has a wonky pelvis

will try get one of her in her bed
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 09:37:33 AM by Indys Mamma »

Link to CatChat