Author Topic: Indy has an Owie  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
Re: Indy has an Owie
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 11:31:37 AM »
More head buts, hugs and purrs from Uncle T and Aunty Chloe (but we better leave out the nose rubs!) Glad he is up to racing about ..... :briggin:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 11:28:04 AM »
it stopped getting bigger after it dried out, was only the first day that it grew a bit and I have started stalking my cat and it doesn't seem to be bothering him any more, will get fresh pics this afternoon when he naps again... at moment 70 mph laps are being run

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 11:14:28 AM »
Getting bigger is not good. He is clearly still licking it. A lick granuloma is a lot harder to fix than a burn. still, the vet will sort it out ...

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 11:03:14 AM »
update

Well, the owie has gotten bigger and looks gross (peeling/scabby) but no sign of infection  :)

Have temporarily switched him completely onto his dry food as then he isn't licking the jelly off his face so much afterwards... such a *delicate* eater my Indy... falls in face first and slurps.

Misha is going back to the vets Christmas Eve so will take Indy along for a look over, piece of mind, Angie (the vet) wasn't too fussed when she saw it before, only worried that he would worry it.

We are also fairly certain it was the radiator as he is now avoiding it, and it was his favourite place in the whole world. Our heating is about 40 years old and certain pipes do get hot enough to burn  :-: so we are getting some lumber after Christmas and boxing the pipes in

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 22:44:23 PM »
have nothing suitable for cats, all dog stuff and a lot contain iodine and teatree. The teatree ointment does say suitable for cats but toxic if injested, so no good where the scrape is

am gonna phone vets in the morning and see if Angie (my fave of the two vets) can drop by on her way home as she lives in the next village over

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 22:33:59 PM »
Do you have any metacam?, it might take away the soreness and stop him worrying it.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 22:19:53 PM »
Poor little chap!  Think Id phone my vet for advice if I couldnt fix an appointment Tell Indy  his Aunty Chloe and Uncle T send him great big  :hug: :hug: :hug: (and they'd like to include a  :hug: for Misha, so he doesnt feel left out) :)
People Power Works!!!

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 21:35:04 PM »
tricky spot to stop him from licking it. If he persists then the vet can give him an injection to reduce the irritation. Best to do that before licking becomes a habit...

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 21:15:19 PM »
poor baby, he won't stop licking it... should I try discourage it?

wish I was on training already

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 21:10:15 PM »
Ouch! that looks tender. Doubt he did it on the radiator though. Gone are the days when radiators got that hot. Though I do remember Meredith Barker in grade 2 got a nasty burn on her ankle when they were those long pipes around the edge of the room - now they were nasty! Very useful for drying your gloves on though!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 21:08:01 PM »
Poor Indy :care: 

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 21:03:08 PM »
Looks like a friction burn or graze?

Poor baby  :ahh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 19:54:09 PM »
Poor boy  :hug:

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
Indy has an Owie
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 19:49:02 PM »
Indy has hurt his nose and I don't know how... was fine earlier today

He is really miserable but I can't get him into a vet appointment tomorrow so it has to wait til open surgery monday if it is looking any worse/not improving and if he stays so subdued, but I don't think it's bad enough to call a vetout for yet. If obviously he gets worse/he is worse in himself then I may have to call the vet though

I am wondering if he has burnt it on the radiator where he snuggles up when the heating is on?

piccies

Link to CatChat