Author Topic: cheapest Fortekor?  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: cheapest Fortekor?
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 12:20:09 PM »
You would need the receipt to claim on your insurance, best to phone them and see exactly what they require for the claim to be legit. Wouldnt think they will mind as it costs them less!

Mark, its law that they see them regularly! You have a naughty vet  :evillaugh: Dont think id treat an animal continually without check ups just incase tho  :scared:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 07:53:24 AM »
I was surprised yesterday. I was taking a stray in and decided to get some more Fortekor - They have a new receptionist who said she needed to check with the vet as they aren't allowed to do repeats if the cat hasn't been seen in the last 3 months. She came back and said the vet said I am allowed to have whatever I want  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 01:31:32 AM »
My vet will match online price too - i pay the same as Mark for the same amount.

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 01:09:23 AM »
I buy Fortekor for MeToo from Vet UK at half the price my vet charges!
(They issued me with a 6 monthly prescription which Vet UK now hold on file, and I normally buy 2 months supply at a time.)

I have just ordered 68 tablets for £28.56 & there is no P&P charge (providing you are happy for them to come in a jiffy bag rather than a cardboard box).

Sorry, don't know how this would work out with an insurance company, none of mine are covered.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 21:03:03 PM »
I think the online places are much of a muchness. I haven't claimed any meds on insurance although in hindsight, I should have. I get the Fortekor from the vet for £25 for 56 as he said he would rather make a couple of £ than nothing. I know Sharon claims her meds on insurance but not sure how it works.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 21:00:05 PM »
I don't know how it works with insurance when you buy online as I've never done that, but price wise I would check out vetuk and vetmedic.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
cheapest Fortekor?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 14:02:04 PM »
Since 1 November, my vet charges £6.50 for a prescription and I'm not sure if he charges that per prescription or can put it on repeat for the single charge. If you add postage costs, many retailers then work out as having no real saving over buying it at the vets, unless I can time it so that I order lots of food at the same time, thus qualifying for free delivery.
Does anyone know the cheapest place incl p&p for buying Fortekor? Swampy is on it and it looks as though Max will be on it soon too as he's started drinking more and doing twice daily niagaras in the tray.
Do insurance cos pay out generally for orders bought online and are there any rules to follow to make sure they do?

Link to CatChat