Author Topic: We have had a cry for help just come in  (Read 8524 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: We have had a cry for help just come in
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 10:35:22 AM »
those people involved did a tremendous job ;D

fuzziesdad

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 15:03:51 PM »
As far as I know all 80 have been fostered or re-homed,she cared for all 80 herself vet bills,feeding ect and once moved to an area where the council are a little more caring for animals she will take any fostered back and pay for any vets bills incurred,the problem here was not the caring or condition of the animals but a draconian council who wanted her land,the dogs were never any worry to neighbours as she lived miles from anyone.
Any way the problem has been resolved,one of the main protagonists in this rescue saffron has moved on to pastures anew and left this forum  to carry on rescue work quickly and quietly no fuss it took 5 people 6 if you include the owner 4 days to re-home or have fostered 80 large dogs some feat considering most were cat people.  :wow:   

saffron

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 16:53:34 PM »
not up to date on this Lynn as still not been able to reach Janine,but maybe Sue will be able to give us an update

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 12:09:46 PM »
i just saw that thread and was wondering , were all the dogs on permanent foster/rehome basis ?? or is she taking the 80 back and also....how the heck does someone manage to pay for 80 gsd ?? and they come with more than their fair share of health problems ??

mind boggles.

saffron

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 17:55:06 PM »
sorry not up to date on this as Janine's computer has gone bang

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 18:15:24 PM »
What the latest news on this ... have all the doggies found homes?  I do hope so.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 20:23:45 PM »
Well said Fuzzie  ;D

fuzziesdad

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 20:08:20 PM »
I think this is incredible this lady had 80+ dogs this time last week and not small dogs but large dogs very large dogs and here we are now talking about only 12 or so left for her to home/foster and it looks good for her being on target for monday,all bought about through a loosely cobbled together group of people with phones on forums all with only one thing in mind the animals I know some have had reservations about this lady being a one time breeder but all the dogs were in good condition but it is the animals that must be paramount in this situation not the owners.
Respect to all those concerned. :thanks:
this same thing happened some months ago,only it was cats that needed ghosting away and again they all found homes lets hope when this happens again people can rally round and help one another for the animals and not look at the circumstances as to why they are in this situation.

there are some people with mile long smiles on their faces tonight and when this sort of thing happens it does not meen it always has to be bad news. :hug: 

saffron

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 19:36:00 PM »
thanks Tab, all help is being appreciated

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 19:19:11 PM »
Ive given the details and email address to a friend of mine who runs the NATS (national alsation training scheme) at saddleworth to see if she has any contacts that could help.
I hope thats ok
love
Tab

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 18:51:29 PM »
Thats great is so many have been fostered all ready but hope the remaing 12 can be found somewhere to stay.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 18:04:02 PM »
hello been in on this from the start, and by all accounts there are only 12 more to foster/home.
sentiments about breeders probably the same as mine,........but we must remember its the animals we do it for not the owners/breeders ect.
roger. :thanks:

saffron

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 11:03:10 AM »
Well said Sue, but I will point out that this lady was a breeder/rescue & most of the dogs had been dumped because they were old & nobody wanted them any more, she was giving them a home for their twilight years

Offline MyMoggy

• Adult Cat
    • MyMoggy.com
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 21:53:10 PM »
Evening all , thanks for the input so far - I know we can count on you all to pass the word on to all your contacts in the hopes of finding fosterers for these dogs.

Time is short, unless we can get a stay of proceedings - Next Monday is the deadline & not sure what will happen to the dogs after that.
So we all have to get busy and make them the priority - lets get out there and find the fosterers first.  Decide the fate of breeders later...  Lets show them we can do it !!

Pass the word...

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 21:35:38 PM »
I dont doubt its the council being an arse but i will never agree with having so many dogs other than if your a rescue, breeding on such a large scale is something i cant condone.

saffron

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 19:29:39 PM »
sorry Milly's mum but this if you go into the story, appears to be some sort of land grab game & this poor lady, registered & licensed has been caught in the middle ousted by the local authority who have said they will not help her as stated "they have an vested interest"??

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 18:20:31 PM »
80?! OMG, no wonder the council are abit iffy!
Hope all the dogs get a safe house sorted

Offline MyMoggy

• Adult Cat
    • MyMoggy.com
We have had a cry for help just come in
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 02:33:07 AM »
There is a Breeder (Joy Wershke) of German Shepherds who is having to relocate with her 80+ German Shepherds, the local council have told her to move the dogs before next Monday.

She is desperate to hear from anyone willing to foster one or two of her dogs until she gets settled.
It is all to do with planning permissions / license etc.. 
She has said that if anyone cares to foster & both they and the dog are happy together, then she will allow the dog to stay in its new home.

For more information or if you feel you can help - Please contact    Janine SURNAME DELETED BY MODERATOR AS REQUESTED janine13@talktalk.net who is acting as go between.

Please note that the dogs are in Huntingdon PE26 - hopefully some sort of relay could be set up.

Sue
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 21:10:04 PM by Christine (Blip) »

Link to CatChat