Author Topic: Hello from Guinness & Murphy  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Hello from Guinness & Murphy
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 18:25:06 PM »
Hi Rachel, Guiness, Murphy and "baby"  :welcome: to Purrs,

As the others have said ... I'm sure you will have a great time on here ... I'm sure you've got loads of spare time at the moment  :innocent: (running your business, looking after a new baby, and being a full time cat "slave" ... do you sleep???  :rofl:)

I have also just noticed your incredibly generous offer of 10% discount on your site to purrs members  :hug: :hug: Thank you!

Looking forward to seeing pics of Guinness and Murphy and hearing all about them.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Guinness and Murphy

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 18:06:29 PM »
Thanks for all your warm welcomes.

I'm going to try and get some piccies of Guinness & Murphy up but my digital camera is currently broken so I've asked Santa for a new one for Xmas.  I might try with my mobile phone camera but it's not very good.

Yeah, 3 month old baby and trying to run a business is quite a challenge!!

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 22:37:19 PM »
 :Hello:   Rachel, Guinness and Murphy    :welcome:   to Purrs

Glad Guinness has recovered ok.

You have a three month old baby - how lovely - I feel broody and I want one    :star1:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 07:45:56 AM »
Hiya  :welcome: im sure you will find Purrs as addictive as I do!  ;D Glad Guinness is ok now must have been a shock  :hug:

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 20:43:44 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Rachel and love your cats names  ;D

Thanks very much for the donations to the auction, and the bids are going great at the moment  ;D

I am sure that now you have joined us you will find this somewhere to waste a lot of timehave lots of fun reading about our cats and stuff  ;D

Pleased that the fox did not succeed in doing the ultimate damage  and that Guinness is great again now  :hug:

Its getting close to the evenings tot up for the auction and I havent eaten yet,,,,,,,,,,,so ammmmmm off to get some strength  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 19:48:24 PM »
Hi Rachel  ;D

So sorry to hear about Guinness, thankfully she's ok poor girl.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 19:48:48 PM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 15:42:07 PM »
Hello Rachel - a big Purry welcome to you, Guiness and Murphy  :welcome:

Would like to add my thanks to that of the others for your wonderful donations for the Purrs Auction, and hope you enjoy finding your way about on here, making new friends and having a good old natter about all and everything (some of it not even cat-related!  :evillaugh:)

Yes, definitely the rules about piccies (says me, whose pants at them myself  :naughty:)

Glad Guiness didn't end up as Foxy's dinner.  Poor little lass must have had a heck of a shock, bless her.  I don't blame her for not wanting to venture out.  Much better to be inside where it's cosy and warm, and fox-free.   :hug:

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 15:19:08 PM »
Would you believe they are not black and white - they are tortoiseshell.

They were named by my little sister when she was about 13 and she thought it would be cool to name them after drinks!!!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 15:07:47 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Rachel: I'm the one who's been liaising with your company about the donations.  Glad you decided to join in as well  ;D

Sorry to hear about Guinness's altercation with a fox but glad she's recovered fully.

Would Guinness and Murphy be black and white by any chance?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 14:10:29 PM »
Glad you like the donations.

I have to say the Cosy Calming Mat is a real hit with our cats.  They love it.

I'm looking forward to hearing about all things cat on the forum.  Hopefully, I'll be of some use to the forum as I've been working in the pet industry for some time now and know quite a lot about nutrition, particularly about the quality cat foods.

I'm currently at home with our cats rather than being at Mutley & Mog as I have an 11 week old baby so currently balancing the joys and challenges of motherhood with running my own business!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 13:56:40 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Rachel  ;D

Thank you so much for your donations to the Purrs auction - much appreciated and very generous  :)  I, or should I say my boys, have our eyes on a few things from the mutley and mog collection  :evillaugh:

Hope you'll enjoy it here, it's a great site - full of friendly helpful advice if ever needed, lots of fun and of course a great fundraising site for all the rescues on here that are beneficiary rescue members  :)  Looking forward to seeing pics of Guinness and Murphy, it's in the  :rules: you know  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 13:55:06 PM »
Hi and welcome and thanks so much for contributing to the auction - purrs is a great site I'm sure you'll love it! (I've got my eye on the bowls don't tell anyone!!)

• Kitten
Hello from Guinness & Murphy
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 13:51:46 PM »
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd come on here and introduce myself and my cats.

My name is Rachel and I am the managing director of Mutley & Mog (www.mutleyandmog.co.uk), one of the commercial sponsors of the auction.

Anyway, I thought I'd introduce my 2 cats Guinness & Murphy. They are rescue cats that we've had since they were kittens and are now the ripe old age of 14.  Unfortunately we almost lost Guinness recently when she was attacked by a rather large fox.  She was attacked round the neck and legs but seems to have made a full recovery now although she's a bit scared of going outside.

Looking forward to contributing to the forum and hoping that the auction is a huge success for you.

Link to CatChat