Author Topic: Canterbury CP FIV overload  (Read 3531 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Canterbury CP FIV overload
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 15:07:40 PM »
Hi Sharon,

Really glad that they have somewhere to go. The little I saw of Sawyer, he seems such a placid, easy-going kitty and will take well to being an indoor lapcat I think. If you need them taken to Foal Farm, let me know.

PS - I got my new rating "comfortably 5 star" !!  ;D

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 13:09:39 PM »
Aww, that is wonderful - you aren't giving up on them, just helping them on their way to a better home. And, if you get calls wanting FIV+ cats after they go, you can always refer them on.
Please spay your cat

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 12:31:51 PM »
Great news is that FOAL are able to help with our two FIV cats, much better chance of rehoming there and they have space to explore and roam around in rather then our small pen.  Don't want to give up on them, but I think we are doing the right thing.   

Great news - (Foal never lets me down bless them)

Please dont worry,  You are doing the right thing for them, They will get great homes from there.
Foal have a really quick turn over (for the want of a better word) and its a really lovely place.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 09:34:27 AM »
Great news is that FOAL are able to help with our two FIV cats, much better chance of rehoming there and they have space to explore and roam around in rather then our small pen.  Don't want to give up on them, but I think we are doing the right thing.   
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 00:35:01 AM »
Thanks for the PM as well from Michelle may have some assistance

Your welcome ! xxx

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 08:30:20 AM »
how many calls have had about rehoming cats.

A nightmare isn't it? I have never known so many calls in such a short time and the excuses, sometimes I will say Oh! that can be easily solvesd then they come up with another excuse, so sometimes I just give up and say as sweetly as I can but through gritted teeth, you just don't want the cat do you? You have to be so careful though as  until the cat is in safe hands you don't know what they would do if you just say we are full (something we would never do, although we always are we always give some sort of lifeline and hope). The best excuse so far this year is the dog is allergic to the cat.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 22:35:43 PM »
Hi Mark
Thanks for picking up Sawyer from the vets, saved him another day in a small pen. We did a good old sort out of cats and now  am literally bursting at the seams with them. Our 2 FIV cats Isaac and now Sawyer will no doubt be with us for a while. At lease Sawyer is comfortable with people.  With luck someone will come along soon. 

Thanks for the PM as well from Michelle may have some assistance. Its been so busy these last few days, cannot tell you how many calls have had about rehoming cats. 
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 20:53:58 PM »
Sawyer is gorgeous  :ahh:

I had the privilege of cabbing him from vet to fosterer. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a carrier and had to borrow a cardboard box from the vet. He was very quiet in the car (apart from panting like a dog?) but by the time I got there 1/2 hour later, he had torn the tape and there was a paw and a nose showing. Anyway, we took him straight to the pen and let him out. I would expect any cat to be miffed at being taped up in a box but he was calm and rubbing up against us with no signs of being stressed. I'm sure he will be a great house cat. When I can find a USB cable, I will put pics up.

I   :catluv: CATS
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 20:55:24 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 17:40:56 PM »
It was because we were having so many that I thought of having out FIV unit which takes up to 6 at a time, have you seen it on out gallery?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 17:29:54 PM »
Have sent you a PM

• Super Cat
Canterbury CP FIV overload
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 17:08:54 PM »
Just posting this as a thought really. Today we have taken in our 3rd FIV puss in so many weeks and we are literally having a hell of a time coping.  We successfully rehomed an elderly female FIV puss, but Isaac and now this new puss we still have. He is a domestic puss that has been living rough for a long time. long haired black, not overly affectionate but definatley not feral.  We have called him Sawyer, roughly 2 to 4 yrs old.

Is there any rescue organisation that can help us out here, we are just not geared up with FIV cats and having 3 in lately has really been such bad luck. I have already tried the normal avenues CP and other welfare organisations but no one interested. Most have PTS policy here, but we don't want to go down that route. If need be we are willing to do a swap! Sounds harsh but we just don't have the resources to cope with FIV cats. 
Any advise appreciated.
HELP!

Link to CatChat