Author Topic: Mark's cats  (Read 17903 times)

saffron

Re: Mark's cats
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 19:13:10 PM »
good luck & hope all the cats will be with you

Offline Marks Cats

• Kitten
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 10:54:47 AM »
Hi everyone.

I wanted to give a quick update on where I'm at with this.

First, thankyou very much to everyone who has responded with offers of help. Especially Angie who would have collected all 3 and fostered near where the cats are. Due to the unusual and complicated nature of the situation, I was sadly unable to take up Angie's offer.

What now? Well, the pet courier just visited to collect the cats from where they are to bring to me this evening. They had only been "able to catch 1 cat", strangely, the 1 cat which the GF doesn't like, which is hardly ever around...

I had already informed the pet courier to bring all 3, or none at all, since I had a suspicion this might happen. While not looking after the cats properly, and not being allowed pets (and so keeping them in the shed), the GF has kept changing her mind about keeping 2 of them.

I believe all 3 should stay together if they possibly can, even if it is just for a while till they become reconditioned and treated.

Also, I know that keeping the 3 together now will mean it is easier to take on all 3 in a few months time when there will be another situation which will mean the GF ceases to want them again.

So, for the meantime, I think this thread can be closed, and I'll most likely be back in a few months time with the same story, and the cats with me.

Thanks again.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 09:48:06 AM »
I think Nicky is the GF. Oh no, poor cats. :( Living in a shed, with no steady supply of food and water. Actually, that's illegal.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 00:10:41 AM »
Who is Nicky. Angie? Surely not the GF that was gonna keep em in a shed and doesnt look after them properly??

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 23:28:34 PM »
Nicky has declined my offer of help and is going to take them herself.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 13:05:57 PM »
Any news Angie?
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 00:19:57 AM »
Still waiting on this. I have offered to take them temporarily while nicky gets somewhere sorted for them close to her home , subject to ensuring that the GF is happy to release them.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 23:20:05 PM »
Lets hope Angie can help with all 3, please let us know what happens  ;D

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 08:44:43 AM »
I've been alerted to this. I am part of Coventry Cat Group and i am sure we can help

Thats it, sorted then I expect.

Once Weasel has been signed over perhaps it would then be a good idea to advise that it is not acceptable to allow the other two little ones to live in the conditions and that if necessary you will report to the RSPCA inspector, as in this case I think they would come out, especially as water is not being provided and no vet care when necessary. Who knows then the GF may allow all 3 to be re-homed and find love once again.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 13:42:36 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Marks Cats

• Kitten
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 23:43:57 PM »
Oh Mark I wish I was nearer and could offer some assistance.  These poor kitties living in a shed is not accetable (espcially if the shed is anything like my shed!! ... cold, damp and draughty).

I really don't know what to suggest but there are plenty of rescuers on this site with plenty more experience than me who no doubt will be able to offer some practictal advice and hopefully assistance.

Mark I have cross posted on www.thehovel.com/bb another site which I visit daily and may be able to help:  http://www.thehovel.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=171671#171671

Sam - many thanks for the cross-post - much appreciated. While I'm familiar with dog rescue sites, cat rescue sites are unfamiliar territory to me... kind of a cheap pun!   :shy:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 23:13:08 PM »
Mark, feel free to PM me if you need to have a rant about the situation!

Hopefully Angie can help you out. :)

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 23:05:48 PM »
Mark,

I've been alerted to this. I am part of Coventry Cat Group and i am sure we can help. will pm you.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 22:52:34 PM »
Mark we all. well most of us came from Cat Chat before the forem had to close so there is very strong link between this site and CC. CC is a site which is a charity and it tries to bring cats needing homes and potential owners together. It offers free pages for rescues to advertise cats needing homes and lists rescues all over the country by area, so its a very good place to start looking.

www.catchat.org

Offline Marks Cats

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 22:47:44 PM »
Jackspratt - I think it is less than she's giving up on Weasel, rather than she's trying an emotional con-trick. It's a very complicated situation - I would bore you to death if I tried to explain the full story.

Kelly - I'm in Berks, the cats are near Nuneaton. I'm trying all rescues I can find via the internet in both areas. I'd prefer Berks since then I can potentially help with home checks and know where the cats are going - important for mine and my parent's peace of mind.

Silly I know since I trust most rescues, but I want to do the right thing by my brother.

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 22:29:37 PM »
Welcome Mark - where are you based? Just asking for rescues close to you?
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 22:03:45 PM »
Why would she give up Weasel just because she's an adventurer? I love that independant spirit in a cat.

Welcome by the way, Mark. :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 21:36:07 PM »
I think you need to start ringing round rescues, not RSPCA though!

Here is the link from Catchat for Warks area

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/warks.html

If you want another area of the country, then I think you can get there from this link.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 21:06:35 PM »
Oh Mark I wish I was nearer and could offer some assistance.  These poor kitties living in a shed is not accetable (espcially if the shed is anything like my shed!! ... cold, damp and draughty).

I really don't know what to suggest but there are plenty of rescuers on this site with plenty more experience than me who no doubt will be able to offer some practictal advice and hopefully assistance.

Mark I have cross posted on www.thehovel.com/bb another site which I visit daily and may be able to help:  http://www.thehovel.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=171671#171671
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 21:14:24 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Offline Marks Cats

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 20:50:43 PM »
Hi Sam and Gill :)

thanks for your welcomes.

Have no pics of cats since they are a couple of hours away from me. I know how much pics help, but have no-one near the cats that can take any.

First likely opportunity will be if I get them transported to me to get them into a rescue here, or somesuch.

Bit of a complication now - unfortunately my mother called the girlfriend of my brother and mentioned them possibly being PTS. Cannot believe it  >:(

So now the GF is thinking she will keep Toby and Tiko (but not Weasel since she is an adventurer) since she doesn't want them PTS. This is good of her in a way, but she does not give the cats anything like what they need.

She would be keeping them in a shed, and they would not ever be wormed, fed properly, or get vet attention when required, which Tiko really needs in the summer. They have never even had a water bowl and just source water where they can find it.

I now have to talk the GF round again, even though the cats are still effectively partially abandoned at her old house since she moved a few days ago and are being fed by her neighbour who I am in constant contact with... She always kept them in a shed anyway since my brother wasn't around anymore.

I feel a bit exhausted. I've been trying to get these cats sorted for a week now, trying to agree their move with her and transport, and find somewhere for them to go. Now I feel I'm a bit back at square one, at least for Toby and Tiko. Weasel I can still get out of there. But I want all 3 in a better place.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 20:25:36 PM »
Hi Mark and  :welcome: to Purrs.

So very sorry to hear about your brother.  I'm sure Hels has already given you loads of advice but it's better to have the info twice than not at all.

I know you say you have contacted all the resuces in your area but just in case there may be one you have missed have you had a look at the list of rescues on the catchat pages:  http://www.catchat.org/adoption/warks.html 

I wish you lots of luck in finding homes for these furries.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 20:11:38 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, when I saw your name come up as a new member, I thought we gonna get more info  ;D

Do you have any pictures of the rascals cos pictures always help to promote cats and Weasel sounds very cute  ;D

Offline Marks Cats

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 19:02:35 PM »
Hello everyone. Many thanks Hels for cross-posting this.

Have now joined so I can give more info directly.

The cats are near Nuneaton, Warwickshire.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 18:51:40 PM »
I really do hope so poor things
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 18:43:55 PM »
Poor wee things  :(

Hopefully when we know the location someone will be able to help

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 18:31:30 PM »
Poor babies ... they've lost their Daddy and now losing their home :)  Fingers crossed someone will be able to help.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 17:27:28 PM »
Yes some pictures would help but they sound gorgeous, whereabouts are thses cats?

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 17:16:43 PM »
Awww. I'd love to see pictures of these guys.

Offline hels

• Adult Cat
  • george tink jap connie riley morgan josh perkins
Mark's cats
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 16:45:00 PM »
This is crossposted with permission from the dogpages website. I'll post contact details and location when i get them. Hope there is someone who can help

Hi All,

I am desperately seeking a good home for 3 cats, either together or seperately. The cats used to belong to my brother, who I lost very suddenly to undiagnosed cancer at a young age in October 05. The cats have been with his girlfriend ever since, but not well looked after, yet she's always refused to let me rehome them.

Anyway, now she's letting them go (or rather she has semi-abandoned them), but my parents live in Spain with a garden the size of a postage stamp, and I have 3 rescue dogs, live on a main road, plus my partner is allergic to cats, so it is impossible to home them within our family, much as we want to do the right thing by my brother and his cats.

Therefore I'm desperate to find good homes for the cats with people who will be kind and reliable; I can't bear the idea of them being PTS.

The cats are:
Toby: approx 13 year old male tabby, very soft and friendly.
Tiko: a beautiful blue / grey coloured male cat, shy but very friendly when he gets to know you, about 11 years old, requires anti-allergy medicine every summer since he's very allergic to grass-mites which make him very poorly.
Weasel: a pale toffee coloured and white stripy female cat, perhaps about 8 - somewhat unusual, has something to do with a "snow-leopard" variety for those who know about cat breeds?? But she is normal size, and again very friendly when she gets to know you!

No pictures at the moment unfortunately since the cats are some distance away from me.

I am trying all friends and work colleagues to look for rehoming opportunities, and am trying all rescues in the area where the cats are, and also my own area, but no luck yet with spaces anywhere - so many cats out there.

All 3 cats are neutered, and I will pay for transport, vets vaccs and any required vet treatment upon rehoming or going into rescue.

Please feel free to cross-post.

Any advice or assistance gladly received. Fosterers also very welcome and all costs will be paid.

many thanks in advance from Mark's Cats.

Link to CatChat