Author Topic: LOST Tabby and White female - please help! Crowthorne, Berks  (Read 7995 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: LOST Tabby and White female - please help! Crowthorne, Berks
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 09:10:52 AM »
keeping fingers crossed for you xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Det Norske Kat

• Kitten
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 11:43:35 AM »
She has got a wonderful temper as well. Very cuddly and loves being stroked. She's not particularly talkative, but so funny - loves playing around with my Daughter.

There isn't much to report at the moment, but my friend is going to the place where Moonie was seen last and I am hoping for a bit of good news soon!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 19:13:57 PM »
Moonie is beautiful  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline MyMoggy

• Adult Cat
    • MyMoggy.com
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 18:08:56 PM »
Another photo showing her coat..

Offline Det Norske Kat

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 06:39:48 AM »
Thank you Sue!

Offline MyMoggy

• Adult Cat
    • MyMoggy.com
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 23:58:20 PM »
Moonie

Offline Det Norske Kat

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 08:30:56 AM »
Would the +44 code be different as you are out of the country?

I've checked with the chip people and they have the right numbers. The number does not change - it's just as if calling within the UK. I am just paying some premium for being abroad.

Some more posters are being put up and put through the doors this week in the area where Moonie was last seen. Hopefully, people will be able to recognise her in the skinny stray she's become.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 19:18:53 PM »
Would the +44 code be different as you are out of the country?

Offline Det Norske Kat

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 04:45:54 AM »
Miilys Mum - I am sure I checked that they have the right email address and the mobile number for me when I reported her missing, but there is no harm in double checking.
I am keeping my UK mobile going for as long as nesessary, so it's with me at all times.

I have apoken to Hilary - she was one of the first ports of call actually. Moonie went missing a year ago for 3 days and I walked into Hilary then. She was absolutely great! The power of her support carried me throught the search. I found Moonie in the bushes 2 doors up the road from our house. She was hit by a car - all broken and very poorly. The vets were wonderful - they opened her up and reattached her diaphragm and put all the internal organs back where they were meant to be. Unfortunately, her wonderful bushy tail could not be saved, but at least when it was removed it turned out that her pervic bones could realign themselves and did not need a second ooperation.
We did not normally let Moonie out, but she's very fast and on occasion would dart out of the door before we could stop her.  The accident was a result of one of those jumps for freedome.

I think the reason she escaped was because she could feel that something was going on. A lot of people were coming and going and she became quite unsettled. I could see she was feeling unhappy, so started taking extra care to make sure she was home. She actually disappeared during the day on a Saturday while I was out for lunch with a friend of mine. I actualy made sure Loonie was sitting in her usual ovservation place before we let (on top of the stairs). I guess the whole commotion just got too much for her. The only way out for her was to jump out of the first floor window - something she ever only did once when she was still a kitten...

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 20:03:59 PM »
Im sure they do but do the chip company have correct info for you now you have moved?
Hope shes found soon, a missing tail is very distinctive, good luck :luck:

Offline Juliab

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 17:43:59 PM »
If you haven't done already, it might be worth ketting someone to get in touch with Hilary from Thames Valley Animal Welfare Lost and Found. She is fantastic.

I really really hope you get her back soon.........she's beautiful.....

Offline Det Norske Kat

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 16:25:46 PM »
 :thanks: Clarenmax, Thank you so much - I feel that the wheels are spinning again. a friend of mine is going to put some more leaflets out this week, but I am really hoping Moonie comes back for more chicks at Ravenswood.

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 16:12:31 PM »
I've just had this back from my contact at CP:

"I have sent details to Wendy who runs our Lost & Found Register and we will put the description on our local website.   I have also sent the email to the NCC so that they can circulate it to all CP Branches surrounding Bracknell"

I'm sure she'll let me know if they get any leads  :hug:

Offline Det Norske Kat

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 15:44:38 PM »
Juliab - I'll get onto the phone straight away! We had an article in the Bracknell standard, but I'll try Reding newspapers as well.

Thank you everybody so much for your support! She's my little baby and I miss her desperately. I really hope she's being fed by some nice people, but I also hope they would take her to the vets too...

I've got into contact with a volunteer from the Cat Protection League and she's going to contact the lady who saw Moonie last and maybe put some traps out for that cat. Even if it's not Moonie, at least we'll be able to reunite someone else with their dear missed cat.

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 14:31:45 PM »
Hiya, hope you hear some positive news on Moonie very soon  :hug:

I've copied your post to my contact at Woking CP, possibly a bit far out from Crowthorne, but you never know, somebody may have heard something  :hug:

Offline Juliab

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 14:16:10 PM »
I am so sorry I have only just seen your other post re your beloved Moonie. As Gill so kindly pointed out, this cat could absolutely not be Moonie. I will also keep an eye out here in Caversham - sometimes people put found posters too. It would be worth asking your friends to ring Castle Vets in Tilehurst with Moonie's details.....they are the vet where found/injured cats are taken. Also perhaps to get a friend to put an ad in Petfinder in The Reading Evening Post (you may have done that already - but it's free). We actually also put two classified ads - one for Friday and one for Wednesday (it's free that edition - so it goes into many many homes) It cost £120 but our insurance will pay.

Please try to take care of yourself. My boy has been missing for over two months and I understand the grief and worry - I really do. Especially as you are so far away. I still don't sleep properly.

Never forget - that when I was searching for Moriarty - I spoke to lots of kind sweet old ladies who take in cats. I found loads who put out food and one who even let a cat box for any outdoor cat to sleep in. There is more kindness out there than anything else.

I have been in contact with several cat owners suffering the same plight as we two and they have now all had their animals returned, including one man whose cat returned safe after six months. Cats are more resourceful than you think.

Best wishes and luck

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 17:48:54 PM »
It must be so awful for you  :hug: I'll be keeping everything crossed that your cat can be found xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Det Norske Kat

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 16:46:38 PM »
Oh sorry for the symbol. My mistake! and thank you for your kind words. it is really heart breaking - it's been 3 weeks now...... the longest three weeks in my entire life!

Moonie went missing 5 days before we moved, so I have posted over a hundred posters all over the place, spoke to every single neighbour within walking distance and put up posters in the local shops, hairdressers and restaurants. We live in Crowthorne, so it's a fairly small community - I know a lot of people and everybody is now looking for Moonie. There was also an article in the Bracknell Standard that week with my contact details and a picture of Moonie.

My neighbours are cheking the house for her twice a day and I have a friend who's making sure that all the posters are still up.

I am most worried that the cat that was seen was really Moonie, but I am not there to go there myself... We moved to Dubai and I am also 16 weeks pregnant, so I can't really jump on the plane and come back. I hope someone can suggest some way of getting her back...

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 16:30:27 PM »
I am so sorry that this has happened and hope that she is found and able to be returned to you. It must be heartbreaking to have to go abroad without her.  :hug:

Do you have anyone in the area who can put up posters for you and deliver them through peples doors because this is the best way of focusing peoples minds.

I hope you dont mind but I am going to remove te symbol from the side of you post cos it means something different here on Purrs and may make people not read your post, I am also going to add the area into the title. (Symbol means to us possibly disturbing images/posts that may upset people)

Where have you moved to?

Offline Det Norske Kat

• Kitten
LOST Tabby and White female - please help! Crowthorne, Berks
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 16:22:05 PM »
Hello Everybody!
I have just signed up to this forum, because a friend of mine pointed me to it as a good sourse of ideas and cat lovers and really do hope soneone can help me as I am desperately trying to reunite with my lovely little Moonie.

She went missing on the 18th of October and we have been looking desperately trying to find her and bring her home. Unfortunately, she went missing just as we were about to move abroad, so we had to make the move without her. I have reported her missing the same day - called every shelter, vel and pet protection and search organisation I could possibly think of. I am still calling the councils and the local vets every day.

She's a norwegian forest cat, 3 years old, chipped and has no tail. She is a very unusual cat with white chest and socks, black tortoiseshell markings on her head and general mix of ginger and brown on the rest of the body. She's long haired and a norwegian forest cat has longer back legs and shorter front ones, so looks like she's constantly leaning forward a little.

She was seen about a week since he went missing and then yesterday we were contacted by a lady who saw a cat of similar description at Ravenswood and said that the same cat was seen several times in the past couple of weeks.
I am keeping in touch with that lady, also have my neighbours on alert checking the house and generally ready to help, as well as one of my friends who can help out, but I don't know how we can organise for that cat to be caught (or at least how I can get my friend to get oevr there to see if she is indeed Moonie).

I really hope that that cat is my Moonie. We have the pet relocation company on stand by to fly her to us and we will keep it going until we find her.

Any suggestiong and advice will be welcome! Are there any companies or organisations that could help me search for her? Has any of you been or heard of a similar situation? I hope to hear any thoughts from you!

Sorry for a long post - my heart is breaking thinking about my litle sweet Moonie living in the woods......

PS Here is her add on the national missing pet register: http://www.nationalpetregister.org/mp/10515.htm

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 16:30:55 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat