Author Topic: Macey attacked the baby!  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
Re: Macey attacked the baby!
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 17:56:24 PM »
I would go to the vet or a pet behaviourist (if they work with cats too - might just be dogs).

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 21:59:56 PM »
I don't have any suggestions I'm afraid hun, but hope you manage to sort it out  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 12:38:28 PM »
She has her booster due soon so will be going them. Macey has always been a bit strange, and would always attack if anyone gets too close, its just getting out of hand now with her attacking the kids.

Yes Gill I do think she thought the baby was attacking me, although this has never happened before. When Leo was a baby, if he cried she would come over acting all conserned, so I just thought she was trying to protect him. She never lashed out at him anytime.

For example- Macey could jump up on my lap and Lyla too, Macey would whack her and bite her neck, this happened last week. When she plays she always goes to far and it turns into a fight, one of the others can walk past her and she will attack them, this is the way she has always been.

Im actually wondering if she has brain damage with her being so docile, but then I have had her since being a kitten and know nothing has happened to her. How would I know?
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 12:09:47 PM »
Sounds like a case of re-directed agression.  Macey may have been spooked by something else, or frightened by your daughter crying, and just lashed out at the nearest person.  She may have also felt threatened when your daughter was looking at her - staring is often perceived as an threatening thing wth cats - they will often try to outstare each other with the submissive cat being the first to break eye contact.  I agree that a vet check should be a priority.  This link might also help.

http://messybeast.com/nervous.htm

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 12:01:37 PM »
Sounds like Macey has got spooked by something and is scared. Maybe she thought all the crying so close to you was an attack on you and she was defending you.

However you are right and this needs to be controlled and a vet visit should be the first point of call.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 11:58:27 AM »
Oh No! Don't know what to suggest CC, has she been vet checked recently?  How about Feliway to try and calm things down  :hug:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
Macey attacked the baby!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 11:45:35 AM »
Last night my daughter was screaming her head off because I would not let her on the pc, so she stood by me crying rather loud. Next thing I knew  Macey was jumping up on her back and bitting her neck, kind of how a dog would do, this happened a few times and I really couldnt believe my eyes.

What the hell is going on with this cat?!

Macey is a rather docile cat untill someone gets too close, she will whack them with no warning, and most of the time for no reason at all, they just got too close. This is happening with the other cats as well as the kids.

Last week she had left 3 claw marks on my daughters face over her eye too, and all she was doing was looking up at her, Macey was on the table.  :tired:

So what do I do about this? Something needs sorting before someone looses an eye!
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Link to CatChat