Author Topic: Supreme cat show  (Read 13330 times)

Offline Wendy Q

• Adult Cat
Re: Supreme cat show
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2006, 11:55:36 AM »
Hi, yes the Birman in the picture is a lilac point.  I can't go to the National on Saturday as I have a xmas party Friday night and another Saturday night (I have 2 jobs!). I will be in no fit state to be up early and driving for a few hours!  Gutted though, really wanted to go. I didn't even get chance to get round all the breeds at the Supreme, there's so much to see and so many stalls!

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2006, 16:00:54 PM »
Thanks Wendy. My friend did check the red Birman out from the kitten list, but she really wants a seal or colurpoint. Poor little red! Are you going to the National in Halifax this Sat?? Cant wait ~~~~

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2006, 11:26:58 AM »
That is one gorgeous looking birman, is it a lilac point, cos it is much lighter than my blue?

Just want to be able to get to the shows again grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Offline Wendy Q

• Adult Cat
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2006, 10:35:05 AM »
Hi, I'm miles away from Suffolk, I'm in the North West!  Have a look on www.kittenlist.co.uk.  There's a kittens for sale section and a breeders section. It allows you to filter by breed. Thats where I got my babies from! I shouldn't have gone to the cat show, I really want a red point Birman and a blue or lilac tabby point Birman now but I must be strong! My 2 would be  v unimpressed at sharing the attention! I think your friend will easily find kittens in her area on Kittenlist. Good luck

ps: just checked on kittenlist. There is a male Birman kitten available mid December in Suffolk but it is a red point (I want him!). They are not the most popular of the Birman colours though.  Have a look though as there are kittens available all over the place but I don't know where is near Suffolk, not too good at Geography!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 10:39:30 AM by Wendy Q »

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2006, 22:15:15 PM »
Thanks Roz & Sue, I'm so proud and the little madam is still insufferably pleased with herself.   :)

I'm not exhibiting at the National, Pearl's next show outing won't be until after the New Year now. I will be going to the show however - I'm taking my best friend, lending some moral support to another friend who is exhibiting and catching up on the shopping I *didn't* do at the Supreme. I'm a nervous wreck when showing and tend to want to stay close to my kitty cat...  :shy:

The GCCF have a 13-day rule which basically means that you can exhibit every fortnight, so I could have entered her. But given that three months ago she was bald on her belly, feet and tail due to harvest mites, I didn't want to commit to two shows so close together and risk not making both of them - was an easy choice to take her to the Supreme rather than the National IMHO. Thing is, she is also still very inexperienced and I don't want to do two big shows on the bounce with her just yet.

I do hope I'll bump into some of you folks at shows - only GCCF rules don't let me say which ones I'll be going to...  :(

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2006, 20:25:09 PM »
Ooooooooooooooooo I want that beautiful Birman! I looked at all of them at the show. But sorry, cant help. Hope you find the address.
My friend in Suffork is wanting a Birman. Are you in the area or know of breeders please.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 20:26:24 PM by Purrlishious »

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2006, 17:18:08 PM »
Hi Witty,

Well done to you and especially Pearl.....what a super result!!!  And at the Supreme too.  Can't believe it....what exalted company we are in ha ha. ;D

I hear that it was a little Devon Rex that won the BIS.  Another happy result.  It's about time a Rex won the show.

Will you be showing Pearl at the National?  (Can't remember what the time span regs are between shows).

:congrats:

Lots of love to you both

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2006, 16:42:05 PM »
oh what a gorgeous cat!!
no idea who's it is though!  ;D

Offline Wendy Q

• Adult Cat
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2006, 16:39:01 PM »
This is a long shot but if anyone recognises the picture of the Birman in the link below please can you send me a message. The owner asked me to send her the photo by e-mail but when I got home I'd lost the e-mail address  :scared:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/Wendy-Q/PICT0250.jpg

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2006, 14:49:19 PM »
Congratulations ~ well done Witty & Pearl

« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 20:12:10 PM by Purrlishious »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2006, 11:12:36 AM »
Cant wait to see the pictures Witty, ummmmmmmm most wont recognize your name but you can change the veiwing name in your profile so it looks just like your CC one  ;D ;D

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2006, 21:51:09 PM »
Hullo folks! I do hope that some of you managed to swing by madam's pen at the Supreme - we were in pen 1522! (Shame you missed us, Sam...)

Yes, and I have a bit of a show brag!  ;D

Pearl won a beautiful rosette for finishing second in her class in the self & bicolour HP group, the biggest group by far in the entire non-ped section. She just lost out in her class to a white girl called Booboo. She did really well and I am sooooo proud of my little girl.  :wow:

The judge said that she was "a petite little girl who was very relaxed and enjoyed her cuddles on the table" and that she was "a smashing cat with lots of personality and charm."

I should have some photos soon - I left my bricks at home and asked a friend to snag some shots.

Offline Charlotte T (thepawfessionals)

• Adult Cat
  • How squeezable am I?!!! Paddy as a baby
    • The Pawfessionals Purrfect Pet Care Services
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2006, 23:35:12 PM »
Not getting it Gill, perhaps try to PM me?
One can never have too many cats.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2006, 23:19:03 PM »
Just resent it to you  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2006, 23:16:42 PM »
Yes but as you are asking it sounds like you didnt get my reply grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Will send it again  :shify:

• Adult Cat
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2006, 22:32:20 PM »
Gill, did you get my email re the blanket measurements.

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2006, 21:10:07 PM »
OH i wish i could have gone, really wanted to but it was our friend wedding so we had to stay home.

Definately going next year.

Zoe
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2006, 23:18:26 PM »
So sorry you was robbed just let me have measurements of blankets and I will see what I fancy lol.

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2006, 23:10:47 PM »
Hi Roz!

Sorry you missed the Supreme - as you can tell from what everyone that went said it was brill! It's great to hear that you know and recommend Walter and his cat palaces. I had already seen them on his website so was looking forward to seeing them at the show and I wasn't disappointed! You're right they are expensive, but soooooo unusual I just had to have one!!! ;D

Walter and his wife seemed such a lovely couple and it's nice to know that you can verify this! We didn't see him astride one of his trees though - maybe he'll do it at the National!!!  :rofl:

Charlotte, I'm sorry we missed you, but I couldn't remember seeing a piccie of you on here, so didn't know what you looked like! It was only by sheer chance that we bumped into Sam, who's pic I HAD seen!  :Luv:

• Adult Cat
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2006, 20:45:10 PM »
Hmph!  I didn't see any of you guys who said you were going.  Mind you I guess it was a chance in a million really.  Gill, just to let you know, I've got your beds, I completely forgot the size you wanted so got a small and a medium, I'll measure them in a bit and send you the ones closest to the size!

Paddy did well, came 1st in his Open but didn't get best of group as it went to the girl :(  Pru got 2nd out of 3 but I'm a little bit miffed as she was in a pre-champion class and the cat that beat her was made up to a Champion after the closing date of the show so was still allowed to enter as a champion.  We was robbed :evillaugh:

Good day but tiring.  Going to the National but without cats so more time for shopping.  Hurrah

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2006, 19:08:19 PM »
If you search on "boutique cat bed" on ebay it brighs up a couple of other choices as well.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2006, 19:02:48 PM »
Linda you might like this kone on ebay ... it's a chaise lounge (have to be quick it runs out soon!)  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/boutique-sofa-pet-bed-great-for-both-cats-and-dogs_W0QQitemZ300052927059QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20744QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2006, 19:02:15 PM »
Linda you might like this kone on ebay ... it's a chaise lounge (have to be quick it runs out soon!)

Offline lucy persian

• Adult Cat
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2006, 18:17:37 PM »
glad you all had a good time, i am gutted that i missed it :'(
persian and pekingese are the best pets ever

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2006, 17:54:59 PM »
Wow - I love the new bed.  Do you know where I could get one like it?  I'm a sucker for stuff like this  :)

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2006, 16:28:02 PM »
Oops sorry... I 've done a post on this & not seen the tread. I wish I had... I could have met you. I could have spoke to you as talked to loads. Wasn't it a fantastic day? Still buzzing!

I got loads of freebies too.. see a crowd.. zoom in. Cheeky!

I like those tree houses Mimi but have 2 already from Russel Hardy so just had to resist. So tempting!

I did buy this bed though ~ half the price than in shops ~ might be on e-bay next week if my 5 dont use it. LOL

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2006, 11:55:13 AM »
Have been to Stuttgart many times and done that trip on the train along the side of the Rhine. As Roz says central Eurpean culture so different and I have always travelled by train cos I dont fly and crossing frontieres is just like crossing to the opposite side of the street.

Maybe one day I will be able to get back to Europe, last holiday was the year that Kocka arrived, 1995!

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2006, 01:36:21 AM »
Hi Mimi,

Just caught up with this thread and I should have been at the Supreme but unfortunately, couldn't make the time to go this year.  Missed it for the last couple of years because of elderly or ill pets and this year 'cos of too many things happening at home. But pleased you met my old pal, Walter, ( the Dutch guy ) from Cat Palaces!  Ooh those cat trees are very expensive but loads of fun for the babes.

Walter's such a hoot..and a great showman.  Was he sitting on the top of one of his trees this year?  He's a larger than life character and great fun.   

Steve (my hubs) did the Stuttgart Animal Fair in Germany with him some years ago.  He actually loaded one of our pens into his lorry (completely spontaneously) as all the Trade Exhibitors were dismantling their stands at the end of the Supreme and arranged to meet him with a couple of my guys the following weekend in Stuttgart, Germany.  The Stuttgart Fair is fantastic and features not just cats but dogs and other animals as well.... all spaced over several halls.  Because Continental Europe has such a different geography and culture, the show demonstrates the abilities and purpose of certain breeds, such as the Newfoundland and St Bernard with live demonstrations of Newfies rescuing people from drowning and St Bernards doing their stuff in simulated snowy conditions.....all fabulous stuff.  I couldn't go with them because it was all arranged so quickly but they had a wonderful time there....and since it is held so close to Christmas, there are all the wonderful German Christmas Markets to visit as well.

Another one for your diaries girls.... :)

You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2006, 00:10:32 AM »
oh im jealous, thats the annoying bit about livin up here in scotland its just so far to travel.  Were there a few laperms ? i am sure a few were going, penni bound to have been there..Hope you said you already know a famous red laperm LOL

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 23:31:21 PM »
Hi Suzanne - the breed standard states that large well formed random markings are preferred. 

Wish I had been able to go.  Sounds like you all had a fantastic day  :)

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 23:27:36 PM »
OH is going up to London that day anyway as he's taking a mate to see Gary Numan (OH is a very big Numan fan! LOL!  :rofl:)

I wasn't intending to go to the National, but now I probably shall as he'll be so excited about the impending gig he'll forget to pick up my cat tree!!! :sick:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 23:27:22 PM »
Thanks  ;D

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 23:24:15 PM »
9th December, Gill!  :Crazy:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 23:20:56 PM »
What date is the National?

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 23:09:25 PM »
OH and I also had a great day at the Supreme!  :clap: All the cats were fab, but still not as special as our three!  :Luv:

Sam, meeting up with you was really great! Amongst all those people it is amazing to see a familiar face and I'm so pleased we introduced ourselves!!! ;D

We also got lots of stuff - Applaws etc and a few more toys for the furbabes' Chrissy stockings, but like Sam we were a bit too shy to get all the freebies  :-[

We bought some Christmas cards from the lady with the fab paintings, Sam - we were also looking at the pictures - they were really brilliant weren't they?

What we were really after though was an unusual cat tree - we ended up ordering one from Cat Palaces who are a Dutch co - it's very, very different and we're going to pick it up from the National next month (it's going to be my Chrissie pressie from OH - as last year I had something very extravagant so I thought I should go for something slightly more practical this year, lol! :rofl:)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 22:54:54 PM »
Me three :grr:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 22:51:39 PM »
I am so jealous grrrrrrrrrrr

Me too  :grr: :grr:  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 22:48:34 PM »
I am so jealous grrrrrrrrrrr

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 22:47:32 PM »
Had a great day, just really exhausted now!

I bought the fluffs RC and High Life, fleece cushions for the carriers, free dry food, loads of toys and a stool to help them jump up on the worktop (i know but they attempt to get up any way)

Now I got myself ........  flleecy throws for the beds and cute cat ornament thingy

I also got to meet a fab breeder of golden chincillas (i want i want :doh:) and also had a chat with another persian owner who shows her tabby boy who've i've met before at other shows.  There were sooooo many fab cats there  - that was the best bit of the day, admiring the kitties  :Luv:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 22:41:05 PM »
Linda - there was a lovely bengal kitten in the final 7 kits.  Didnt make it through to the final 3 but had lovely markings.  Each side looked completely symmetrical - is that desirable in bengals or does it not really matter?

btw a black devon rex won and I thought he (?) was very cute.  And makes a change from the fluffy, chunky cats that have won in recent years.

Link to CatChat