Author Topic: Will someone take my beautiful boy? - based in Scotland - rehomed  (Read 10923 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: Will someone take my beautiful boy? - based in Scotland
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 10:35:59 AM »
In our area Ela its quite common for the form to have been signed but the branches still won't take them back.... and surprise surprise CP ask them to contact us to take them!! 

Lynds - If you are genuinely looking for help in finding Nobo a placement then give me a call at our office on 01592 783732.  I will be around off and on this afternoon and will be in this evening if you want to call to discuss and we can see how best we can help you.

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 10:20:41 AM »
The form does say for 6 months but I suppose after that it is up to the branch concerned. I personally feel that we have a moral duty to take in for life any cats we re-home if for some reason they need another home. Of course others that don't there is still no reason for them not to place the little ones on their list of cats waiting to come in.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 10:14:32 AM »
My local CP branch dont always take back after the 6 month trial
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 09:46:50 AM »
We have adopted 4 cats from 3 different Branches of CP and we have signed forms as Ela says for them all and the forms say that if for any reason we can't keep them they must not be rehomed to anyone else - they go back to that branch.  It does say that after the 6mths trial bit though Ela although I've always understood it to mean forever, is that right?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:03:41 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 09:39:19 AM »
In that case the particular branch needs reporting to CP HQ as the homing form covers CP and the new owners for certain things and it  is a fundamental requirement of CP HQ to sign for a cat.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 00:53:02 AM »
I didnt sign any such form when I took on Misa and Sasa from CP and when Sasa went missing they were not intersted in helping at all or giving advise, think they were scared that I would want Sasa to go back to them like the previous two homes.  In fact they did not reply to emails or anything, cos I wanted to help them despite me telling them that Sasa was going to be staying with me for ever.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 20:21:58 PM »
Sorry I did not realize that you may have adopted him from CP. If this is the case they must take him back and you would have signed a form to say that you would return the cat to CP and not give the cat to anyone else without written permission from CP.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 20:05:03 PM »
Did the home you have lined up for him fall through?  He's an absolutely gorgeous boy and looks such a character, hope he finds a cat free home soon  :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 19:37:46 PM »
Is CP where you got him? Did you sign to say you wont rehome him but give him back to wherever you adopted from?
They should offer to help as really its their mess up, i remember when you adopted them, 6 days isnt the best way to put a nervous and a young hooligan together.

I hope you find him a home soon, its a horrible decision to have to make   :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 19:30:09 PM »
Lots of luck on finding the right home for Nobo, I can understand it must be hard for you he looks lovely :hug:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 19:30:38 PM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 18:36:21 PM »
Sorry I can't be of any help at all but I do wish you all the luck in the world.  Its obvious that you really care for Nobo and have his (and Izzy's) best interests at heart.  I've fallen in love with him  :Luv2:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 11:59:26 AM »
Although there is absolutely no excuse not to ring you back and agree you should do as Mark has suggested.

I don’t really like direct homing although I am happy to place pics and details of cats on my site. I am not saying in this case but often people don’t tell you the truth about the cats they want us to re-home and of course of they are often also fill of fleas the next thing people say is cats protection are homing cats full of fleas when we may not have even seen the cat. Another thing is it is only human nature that we want to first home the cats we have in our care so that we can take in one on our list of cats that is waiting to come in. So it is not out of sight out of mind with us, it is on the mind but we want to create a space for another waiting to come into care.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 12:06:47 PM by Ela »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 11:13:35 AM »
Hi Lynds,

Sorry you need to rehome him but it sounds like it is best for all concerned - especially Nobo.

If I were you, I would phone CP head office and ask to speak to the people that deal with your area. Regardless of how busy a branch is, they should have the courtesy to call you back. I do our branch phone on Thursdays - we pick up the calls on an answerphone. I feel guilty if I phone back more than a couple of hours after the call. I am at Uni until 1pm but check the line in my break and again as soon as I finish in case there are any calls that need to be dealt with urgently. Other than than, I phone everyone back by the end of the day. The only exceptions are if someone has left a message about a food donation or something when I may phone back the following morning. Sorry to ramble but but basically there is no excuse not to phone back. Unless people can take the (unpaid) job seriously, they shouldn't be doing it and they are giving us a bad name. I really think you should complain to head office.

Anyway, good luck - Nobo is gorgeous  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
Will someone take my beautiful boy? - based in Scotland - rehomed
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 10:46:46 AM »
As some of you may know, I need to re-home Nobo as he is bullying my other timid cat Izzy. I'm appealing to people on this site as I've had absolutely no support from the Cat Protection League and other smaller cat rescue charities. It's the second time I've called the CPL and they have not bothered to call me; once when I wanted to adopt and more recently to help re-home Nobo. I live in Motherwell, Scotland which is about 30 mins from Glasgow.

I don't want to move Nobo to a rescue centre as I think this would be adding more trauma than necessary. I'm happy to foster him here until I find the right home for him. I do worry that by keeping here, he's "out of sight, out of mind" which is why I am writing this thread today.

First of all, here's a link with lots of great pics of my boy   http://gallery.me.com/lyndseyt#100070

Here's some info about Nobo:

One cat home only.
Loves people but not other cats or dogs.
He’s just turned one year old (his bday is the 27th October 2007)
Microchipped and neutered.
Does not scratch furniture at all.
Eats pretty much anything. Adores ice cream and cheese (not at the same time of course)!! I give him a tiny bit as a treat now and again.
He’s very intelligent and comes when you call his name.
Can open doors! - I told you he is clever.
Great with responsible children.  (I’ve seen him with a 2 yr old and a 3rd old and he’s been great).
Very tactile and has an extremely laid back personality. You really can turn him inside out!
Great lap cat who loves to give cuddles but also wants to play too.
Has a typical mental cat personality when it suits him i.e runs around the house having his mad half hours.
He's primarily an indoor cat, but does enjoy going out in the garden for a wee stroll. He never strays very far at all.
He's toilet trained.
Loves getting kisses.
All the pads on his wee feet are black, rather than pink - it's uber cute.
He's the best beastie/bug catcher you will ever have.

Would suit someone who can appreciate his true cat nature of being mischievous but also the fact he’s a big cuddly baby.

I would want to check out the home he goes to and ensure the person/couple/family who take him are true cat lovers.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:56:14 AM by Lynds »

Link to CatChat