Author Topic: IN DANGER OF CLOSURE-PLEASE SUPPORT IF YOU CAN-CARING FOR CATS EAST YORKSHIRE  (Read 19385 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
A good figure for a cat sponsorship is £12, that way you can say 'for just £1 a month' - a lot do £15 to round it up though - ours is £12.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
With regards to Sams idea of contacting businesses - what about contacting them and asking them to sponsor a cat for a year? Try and get the free local newspapers involved. That way the businesses get to have an image boost and your rescue work is highlighted.

Obviously, you need a rough figure for them to mull over regarding the sponsor system. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
Im sure you already know about this but have you registered as a charity on ebay so that people can sell things and a percentage of the sale goes to you?  Trying to think up somemore ideas for you it would be so bad if you had to close x

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Have popped Lucy up on the flash pages and your links in our rehoming sections.  :Luv:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
ummm ideas for selling calendars:

1.  Ebay

2.  Could you contact local businesses  I would suggest actually knocking on doors and going into the offices. I would explain you are a local charity and are raising funds etc etc. Offer to leave a calendar for 7 days so people can see it -  if people can actually see the calendar they are more likely to buy one  ;)  Return in 7 days and hand over the calendars that have been paid for.

3.  Door to door sales ... as long as you carry proof that you are a registered charity and have some form of ID I can't see it being a problem (obviously this depends on the type of area you are in and I would suggest going in pairs for safety and security).

Will keep thinking and see if I can come up with anything else.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
how cute is April!!!

Offline caringforcats

• Kitten
Thank you for the Welcome.
We are on Catchat homing pages in East Yorkshire.
The website is http://www.caringforcatseastyorkshire.co.uk/
We have Lucy on the Top cats page but still no luck I'm afraid.

I am going to book a table in just about every local table top sale, Xmas fayre etc and am doing late night Xmas shopping trying to sell calendars.
We unfortunately ordered 2000 as it was pre economy downturn and before coordinator's accident!

Not complaining, I'm sure people on these forums have experienced it all!
I'm going to keep logging in for good ideas.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 21:26:38 PM by Tan »

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Hi Caring for cats.  :welcome: to Purrs.

Do you have a website or pages on Cat chat we can post a link to to help spread the word about your rescue?

We will try and help all we can. If you have some urgent cats in care or long timers, we can pop a flash news section up on the front page for them.

It will be lovely ot get to know you and the cats in your care.

Offline caringforcats

• Kitten
Just a quick hello from us.
As far as I know we're new to this part of Catchat.
We are an independent charity totally self funded and, like others, being hit by the 'credit crunch' media news.
More cats in the diary to be taken in and very few people coming to see them in the homing centre.

We have produced a calendar (sorry, yes another one!) and this is really the only merchandise we have to sell to raise funds so if anyone has any suggestions where to promote it cheaply I would be very grateful.  Our coordinator broke her foot on holiday in September and, as she has always been the most active fundraiser, very little money is coming in and the vets bills are outstanding. :scared:

Sorry for the 'bad' news beginning but I am enjoying reading all the other posts about cats, especially rescues.  Good to know so many are helping the kitties.

The calendar should be on Ebay this week if anyone is feeling generous and hasn't bought everyone else's already!!

Thanks for reading.

Bye for now.

Link to CatChat