Author Topic: does anyone else use a 'litter locker'???  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: does anyone else use a 'litter locker'???
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 17:55:36 PM »
I had one (original one) and thought it was rubbish.  It got full in a couple of days and it was really smelly when you took the lid off - it just relies on a thick plastic bag to contain the smell (no deodoriser or filter).  And if I didn't put the litter in nappy sacks first, I'd have ended up with soiled cat litter all over the place when I emptied it as the bag split on more than once occasion.  The refills were expensive too so all in all I decided it was  more trouble than it was worth.  I just empty into nappy sacks now and dump them in the bathroom until I take them out to the bin.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 17:40:01 PM »
Nappy bags,a peg for me and a walk to the bin = big saving

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 14:46:00 PM »
I have the litter locker II, I have two cats and I have to change the bag weekly, i'm on my last refill and have just ordered another off zooplus, they are £4.99 though so expensive!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 09:23:25 AM »
i bought one from zooplus, £19.99 reduced to £9.99....

after 3 days it is full!!!! i thought it wassupposed to store upto several weeks and if you don't put 'heavy' soiled litter then it doesn't work properly,  really not inpressed 

In that case I would contact them and say it does not work as described and therefore not fit for the purpose If they don't take it back you advise them you will contact trading standards. Having said that when they talk of it storing for several weeks, they possibly did their trials with litter for 1 cat so if you have more than one cat you need to ask how many weeks they consider several the count your cats ;D and do a bit of X &  dividing.

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 09:04:38 AM »
I had that. Started turning it half way to last twice as long. That worked but was the stinkiest thing in the whole world when you came to empty it!

It's good old nappy bags and a walk to the wheelie bin for me now!

Oh and not forgetting the really annoying bit where you don't realise it's full and the poop you've just deposited ends up falling out the end  :sick:

Get it on eBay  ;)
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
does anyone else use a 'litter locker'???
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 08:10:38 AM »
i bought one from zooplus, £19.99 reduced to £9.99....

after 3 days it is full!!!! i thought it wassupposed to store upto several weeks and if you don't put 'heavy' soiled litter then it doesn't work properly,  really not inpressed  >:(
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
you don't learn anything until you live it

Link to CatChat