Author Topic: MEET BODGER & BADGER (Homed)  (Read 11656 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: MEET BODGER & BADGER (Homed)
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2008, 14:49:50 PM »
 ;D brilliant news!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 13:22:46 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bisley boys mum

• Adult Cat
Re: MEET BODGER & BADGER
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2008, 14:44:18 PM »
i have just read through the whole of this read and am now in tears, what a wonderful happy ending for bodger and badger. im so pleased they will be cuddled and loved and spoiled, they so deserve it and im sure they will soon gain confidence.

i feel for their previous owner having to give them up although i really cant relate as there is no way i could give away my cats, i cant even put them in a cattery when we go away and now we have just one who is diabetic and the number of people who have said, he is a tie, why dont you give him to the RSPCA - it makes me cross, i chose to have him (and his brother who is sadly not with us anymore) so i will look after them and love them until the very end, whatever it takes ( and we went through a lot with benson who had cancer and still have TC who has health issues) i love my boys no matter what, they have given us so much and everyday i cuddle them and realise how lucky i am to have had them in my life - think im ranting now.. sorry.

i think i may end up in my later years with about 10 cats, i am amazed everyday but how much personality they have..

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2008, 14:10:26 PM »
I spoke to Janet a short while ago and thankfully there is no way she is going to give Bodger and Badger back to me. I am so pleased that they have found a forever home.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2008, 16:30:57 PM »
I'm sure unless something very dramatic happens she won't be returning them!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 16:28:01 PM »
that sounds promising (and very sneakie!!)

Well Janet was intrested in Lyla a couple of weeks ago but someone got in first and she did say to me please remember me when you get a special (arn't they all) cat in. So I thought I may as well try nothing ventured nothing gained as they say. I have also saved over £235 in cattery fees. Of course I am supplying the little ones food, litter etc for now.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 14:17:33 PM »
that sounds promising (and very sneakie!!) I hope they find a forever home with Janet!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 14:15:36 PM »
I am going away again in a couple of weeks until 15 Oct and had the little ones booked in a cattery, then I had a brain wave (unusual for me),  Janet someone I have known for many years  has 2 cats which I care for  when she is away  is a very loving person.  I know she would be a perfect new mum for them so I asked her if she could do me a favour and look after them while I was away, then said but what if they do not get on with yours while I am away, perhaps we should give it a try now. Well, Saturday tea time I took them and could not believe it when immediately Badger started to walk round and investigate and then so did Bodger. By supper time Badger was sitting on her knee, and even Bodger is allowing Janet to fuss her. I am hoping she decides to keep them. Watch this space.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2008, 09:21:03 AM »
shame you too far away for me Ela ...  something will turn up I'm sure. :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2008, 07:36:27 AM »
Both girls are now coming out into the run occasionally and don't dart back as soon as they see a human, I think they are so brave now I may take them to meet Eric in a day or so for their first injections. Normally it is something we do within a few days but I felt they needed time to settle in a bit first.

I now need to start looking for someone to care for them while I am away next month as I don't want to leave them in the pen outside. Unfortunately as usual all the fosterer's are full to bursting and we have some desperate cats waiting to come on.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 21:18:55 PM »
aw thats great news though Ela.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2008, 06:18:14 AM »
They are coming along, getting braver by the day, Bodge is the most timid but now even she occasionally comes out of her hooded bed herself and walks into the run. Also they both love Da Bird. Stuart has spent hours with them in the pen, any spare time he has I find him missing then know just where to look.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2008, 22:17:41 PM »
how are bodger and badger doing Ela?  give them furry head butts and :hug: from me

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2008, 17:26:21 PM »
Im sure Ela will find them a lovely forever home :)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2008, 17:10:46 PM »
Awww what little sweethearts  :Luv:  :Luv:  Well done Ela on stepping in to help these babes and I'm sure as always, you will make the right decision as regards rehoming.  I've had cats in before that have come from a home with children and it's obvious from the outset, this wouldn't be in the cats best interests  :hug:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2008, 09:02:45 AM »
Thank you

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 08:57:06 AM »
You know what is best for the wee ones Ela as they are in your care and whatever you decide will be what is best for them.  :hug:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2008, 21:30:14 PM »
Hang on, hang on, it did say on cat chat though that the child (aged 4) and her OH were still cuddling and stroking the cats.  It was just down to how she felt.  So the cats may be ok in any sort of household.

Having fostered for about 19 years even at this stage I know what is in the little ones interest and it is not a noisy home.
Obviously I may know more than I can write on here, but trust me a quiet home it is.

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 20:26:01 PM »
Hang on, hang on, it did say on cat chat though that the child (aged 4) and her OH were still cuddling and stroking the cats.  It was just down to how she felt.  So the cats may be ok in any sort of household.  They look so cute. 

I think if i worked in a rescue, I would have trouble with waning to keep lots too.  Just glanced at the website of the place I got Malena from and...they have a whole new bunch there waiting to have homes and two caught my eye in an instance.  No, no- of course reason kicks in but it is also because I only see the pics and not the actual kitties.

On the other hand it must be nice to see them go to good homes.  When I chose Malena, one of the volunteers was over the moon because she felt so sorry for her and thought she was the cutest thing.  So she was pleased to see her in a good home.

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2008, 19:48:23 PM »
the mind is a very powerful thing and if not working how it should it can make your life disastrous!  :(

I totally agree. It looks like my recent bout of weirdness stems from some kind of bizarre anxiety and it's only now I'm having treatment that I can see it. I think you can tell from her posts that she's absolutely genuine and it's truly a sad story.

My only worry is that if she has a cleanliness OCD her kids might be prone to more infections as they won't have built up as much immunity. I hope she considers getting help before it spreads to other things and I really do feel for her.

And well done Ela  :hug: !
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008, 16:32:43 PM »
Saw this post on catchat last week....Heartbreaking. From what i've gleaned from the womans story she very likely has OCD brought on by the 'health craze, germs are everywhere!  :shocked: mentality' that is being forced down our throats nowadays. I know it's hard not to judge, but it's a mental illness that does respond to treatment ( I know about these sort of things having had a nervous breakdown myself- all these anxiety based illnesses are very closely linked).
I admire her courage for admitting that she has found herself in the situation, but saddened that the cats have to lose a home and the kids will lose the joy of having cats to grow up around. What a mess!
I know that if anyone told me to get rid of my cats i'd send them flying out the door so fast they'd have scorch marks on their bum! Why do health visitors etc. still take this line? It irritates me- when you, I and the gatepost know it's actually beneficial to have a kitty around.
Let's hope these little treasures can find a new family!  ;)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 15:26:38 PM »
Anyone who is old enough to understand leave the cats alone until the come to you would be fine also not too a noisy/busy household, really a household like mine. Sadly I am not having any more cats just now to keep, otherwise I most certainly would like these two, then again I am looking after a huge ginger tom who owner cannot medicate it due to his own medical problems and I would like to keep him too.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2008, 15:15:27 PM »
teenagers not an option Ela??   mind you the names could still appeal to adults who are still kids at heart... I know they are names my OH would pick up on ... lol ;)

Either way, change of names or not, they are still beautiful wee cats.  Good luck in homing them Ela, they deserve it.  :hug:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008, 15:11:58 PM »
Trouble is although we don't have a small child policy and usually we are happy to home where there are small children, these little two need to go to a home where there are no small children, I think to bring out their full potential.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 15:05:31 PM »
It might also help appeal to families looking to adopt a pair of cats.. isn't there a kids show called bodger and badger???  or am I just getting confused??

We had a sooty and sweep.. and we got a lot of calls about them. :)  Just a thought!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 12:33:07 PM »
I don't mind the names at all, although Stuart keep saying he when he is talking about Badger, I think that is because of our late boy Badger (dog). We used to always say our boy when speaking about him.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 11:57:30 AM »
I would keep their names too. I try to leave name changing to the new owners, only ever changed one of the names.
Please spay your cat

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 11:51:51 AM »
Brigit and Barbara....

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 11:50:26 AM »
such beautiful girls, glad to hear they are doing well though Ela, its always hard on everyone in these situations.

Love the names, I think you should keep them... ;)  

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 11:49:49 AM »
Portia & Nadia? 

Can't understand why I didn't think those two names as they do so sound like Bodger and Badger ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 11:36:08 AM »

the new names must be similar sounding to the original names

Portia & Nadia?  :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 11:44:35 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 11:34:09 AM »
W have 2 local tortie sisters called Jeremy and Justin  :evillaugh:

They belong to a man round the corner but our neighbours Jon & Daph feed them. Daph said yesterday that they have even started sleeping in her house. I'm not sure she believed me when I said that torties are almost always girls  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 11:33:53 AM »
Luiga

I can't even pronounce that ;D and if I change the names the new names must be similar sounding to the original names

Is it like Looeega
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 11:34:35 AM by Ela »

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 11:30:18 AM »
Badger would be Brigit maybe and Bodger could be Luiga....  Oh she looks a bit like my Malena.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008, 11:27:52 AM »
Is Bodger a boy????????????????????????? That would be genetically amazing......

One would have thought Bodger and Badger were perhaps boys names but they are girls. I don't think it would be fair to change their names now. Unless I can think of some girlie names with similar sounds.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 11:24:51 AM »
Maybe doctors also play a part in this. Sharon had a call last week from a lady saying she had a prem by caesarian. The baby weighed 4lbs - the hospital have told her to get rid of any pets for hygiene reasons. She has her 2 x  9 month old cats in the bathroom until they can come in.

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2008, 11:17:40 AM »
Is Bodger a boy????????????????????????? That would be genetically amazing......

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 11:13:53 AM »
how are they settling in?

Very well, this morning before 7a.m. Stuart was in the cat pen and Bodger the most timid was on his knee.

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 10:57:59 AM »
I went through something like that afetr I had my boy prematurely and everyone was driving me mad telling me about germs and how much more vulnerable he is etc.  So for a year Lennie and Martha were fed, talked to but not too closely cuddled because I was in a panic.  But luckily it settled after that time and as my son was starting to walk, he met them anyway and it all changed because it was about teaching him to respect all living things.  Glad I did that and now we are all fine with each other, even though I am quite an obsessively clean person- the cats simply learned to have their paws wiped on rainy days. :rofl:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 10:32:19 AM »
I feel sorry for her children not having pets growing up. Anyway, we know they are in good hands now and are better off away from her.

Mark they have other pets, she just couldn't cope with Bodger and Badger. I think it sounds like PND myelf, and the effects of that can go on for a lot longer than most people would expect.

Glad both cats are OK - how are they settling in?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 09:59:50 AM »
I also agree with Kirst, this must have been an awful situation for the woman, and she does sound like she has tried to get over it, but at least she has accepted that it has to be done, and gone about it the right way. hormones can be a nasty thing though.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat