Author Topic: Vicky Hall and IAMS  (Read 16571 times)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: Vicky Hall and IAMS
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 16:15:50 PM »
RESPONSE email from Vicky
In my email I asked her was she a spokesperson for IAMS as there was a lot of controversy surrounding them....

[content removed - please PM Maddiesmum for more info]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 16:36:58 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 15:40:09 PM »
opps, wasn't trying to cause a fight!  I will be a bit disappointed if its true - did anyone else see the article maybe I misread it

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 10:55:32 AM »
Their adverts just make me want to scream at the TV.
Vicky Halls may not be aware of the situation regarding IAMS, we assume she should be but that doesn't mean she is.
I doubt very much that with full knowledge of why people have strong feelings about IAMS she would continue to back them, it would be at this point I would judge her with disdain, and not before.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 10:46:39 AM »
Oh! What a shame  :(

Like many others i would be interested to find out the response to this

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 10:11:55 AM »
Its a shame if it turns out to be the case!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 21:29:48 PM »
Have now emailed Vicky and will let you know what she says

Will be interested to hear the response, MM.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 19:40:13 PM »
I really don't think there is anything she can say to justify what she has done.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 19:38:55 PM »
Have now emailed Vicky and will let you know what she says

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 19:36:22 PM »
And its not only the despicable animal testing that Iams carries out - but the whole aspect of supporting a dry food. Another part of her quote in that link 'A bit of extra awareness about diet, healthcare and lifestyle will ensure our cats remain happy and healthy for many years to come'.  If someone like her supports that company and that type of food - she has very little awareness in my eyes.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 19:11:15 PM »
Same here. I will pass on going to any of her talks. She lives round my way and I had planned to go to one but not now.

I wonder if she really hadn't seen the websites or heard any of the stuff? - I doubt it somehow. Maybe the lure of cash was stronger than her morals.

I can't find the exact reference but on Amazon, the was a reference to Iams in one of ther books (probably the new one).

Sadly sheep will take her feeding advice - apart from anything else, I have heard loads of times that cats with UTIs turn out to be fed on it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 19:17:51 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 19:09:00 PM »
Thanks Mark, wont be buying the new book

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 18:56:08 PM »
Here you go  >:(

I think any rescues should decline talks from her in future as Iams chief propagandist.

http://www.iamsmulticat.co.uk/pages/productinfo.php
http://www.petlibrary.co.uk/cat-care/is-my-feline-friend-a-fat-cat.html?Itemid=25

http://www.k9magazine.com/viewarticle.php?sid=3&aid=425&vid=1&npage=2&PHPSESSID=76c1d851c8702ea5398c2a4088d51889
" I am delighted to leave my nine year old cat Bink's dietary needs to Iams by feeding her Active Maturity 7+"  >:( - sellout!  >:(
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 19:02:05 PM by Mark »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 18:52:23 PM »
I would be disapointed and stop supporting  :evillaugh:  I expect people with such a job not to advertise such a disgraceful company, as mark says theres plenty of other equally good behaviourists out there who wont associate themselves with people who needlessly mutilates cats just to sell more food.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 18:51:55 PM »
People who work in animal welfare have to be very careful who they associate themselves with  ;)   - I know a woman who works in animal welfare in London who told local vets that she wouldn't use them or put any business their way if they stocked Iams. She has principles and had very good reasons - she was standing up for all the cats that were tortured and died. The kind of person I respect.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 18:53:03 PM by Mark »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 18:46:20 PM »
Ahhh, now not supporting someone any more and feeling disappointed in a decision they've made - that's two different things to me. ;)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 18:36:49 PM »
Anyway, I think we should wait to hear Vickys response before you put me in the stocks and start pelting me with rotten fruit. :evillaugh:

Lol  :evillaugh:

I would be very disappointed if its true, she betters many cats lives with behavioural help but then supports a brand made by the worst animal testing company in the world  >:(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 18:26:30 PM »
Ummm....are you saying I don't have principles? That's a little harsh for someone expressing their opinion.

Anyway, I think we should wait to hear Vickys response before you put me in the stocks and start pelting me with rotten fruit. :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 18:25:06 PM »
I always vote with my feet. She isn't the only behaviourist out there. That would be a real setback when other people have worked so hard to have Iams removed from vets etc.

That up to you JS but some of us have principles.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 18:19:36 PM »
Mark, I find on the whole Vickys advice is sensible and I would continue to support her. One difference of opinion doesn't generally make me feel every other bit of advice is null and void. Good idea, MM.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 18:45:28 PM by JackSpratt »

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 18:12:53 PM »
I am going to email her and find out.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 18:11:46 PM »
I hope not! - I would hope she is more enlightened than that - but if that really is the case, we all have a duty to not support her in the future.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 18:04:11 PM »
She could be - Vicky thinks dry food is very useful with regards to the natural grazing behaviour of a lot of cats. Can't guarantee it though!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Vicky Hall and IAMS
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 17:05:28 PM »
in your cat magazine this month they have an article about how great dry food is with input from IAMS it states that Vicky Halls is a spokes person for IAMS, anyone know if its true?

Link to CatChat