Author Topic: LOST Tortoiseshell cat, Cheltenham racecourse, Glos.  (Read 10090 times)

Offline sixtoedcats

• Kitten
Re: LOST Tortoiseshell cat, Cheltenham racecourse, Glos.
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2008, 14:45:48 PM »
Yes, I'll have to think about a trap, if nothing else works.

The person who saw her in his garden will be leaving food out for her & trying to get her into his shed.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2008, 14:27:18 PM »
Yes a trap would be a good idea. I know Chelt. cats protection have one

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 14:21:06 PM »
can you borrow a trap from a local rescue??

Offline sixtoedcats

• Kitten
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2008, 14:16:11 PM »
Thanks for all your kind messages.

I'm feeling more positive today because Lola's been seen in Prestbury Rd, not that far from the racecourse. At least three people have seen her. One person saw her yesterday  on his bird table. She ran away when she saw him. So he took the poster, that we'd only pushed through his letterbox the night before, to the day centre next door to him. They also recognized her and said she'd been hanging around for a while looking for food.

Now we just have to catch her. Easier said than done.!   

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 17:24:06 PM »
very best of luck finding your Lola  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline sixtoedcats

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 14:23:18 PM »
Thanks for that. Didn't know who to contact at the racecourse, before.

:thanks:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 16:23:32 PM »
Just phoned my friend who lives on Cleeve Hill..

Her OH used to work at the racecourse until recently.

I gave the description of Lola and he is going to ring the racecourse gardiner tomorrow to look out for Lola and have a look round.

If I hear anything I will obviously let you know immediately

Offline sixtoedcats

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 15:56:03 PM »
That's interesting. We haven't contacted anyone at the racecourse yet, but have noticed security cameras on the stables next to Dragon vets. The garden she was in is just behind the stables overlooking the carpark.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 15:43:02 PM »
Hello and   :welcome:  to Purrs

Sorry you found us in such circumstances - good luck finding Lola
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 18:32:39 PM »
Just read this as well and I live quite near the racecourse. Will look out and ask people I know that live on Cleeve Hill. One particular persons husband used to work at the racecourse and cats were found there once in a while. I think CP usually got involves but will try and speak to her tomorrow :hug:

Offline sixtoedcats

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 15:36:51 PM »
Thanks that would be great.

Everyone's so helpful and it's really appreciated

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 14:46:33 PM »
I'm so sorry, I only just saw this post.

I live near to the racecourse and I frequently walk my dog over the fields by there. I will most certainly keep an eye out for her, and let everyone know.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 00:49:57 AM »
Ahhhh what a little sweetheart.  Keep up the poster campaign  and good luck with the dowsing.

You might also be interested in trying the visualization  technique http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,14171.0.html

Good luck and stay positive  :hug: :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline sixtoedcats

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 00:39:58 AM »
Here's a photo of Lola.

Offline sixtoedcats

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 00:35:07 AM »
Just spent the week-end delivering lots of posters.  I've had two phone calls, but it was a false alarm. The first one turned out to be a tabby cat &
the second one was a Tortie cat that looked just like Lola, mostly dark black & brown, with a little white on her chest, paws & tummy, but this cat
looked older than Lola & was wearing a yellow collar I think. She had a brown stripe down her nose. Lola has a black stripe down her nose. 
This cat was found in the Charlton Kings area of Cheltenham.

I've been having a go at map dowsing. It's years  since I tried it & I'm a bit rusty.!  Also it's difficult when you're upset.  I've found lost keys etc.
before but not pets.   

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 20:39:10 PM »
If she doesn't know the area she will probably stay close to any houses as she will be scared and disorientated.  I would make sure the whole area is flooded with posters and flyers.

Praying she is found soon and keeping everything crossed for you.

If you have any difficulty posting the pic feel free to send it to me and I can put it up for you fussy_furball [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 14:45:38 PM »
oh dear  :(

Offline sixtoedcats

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 14:40:32 PM »
It was before she was spayed so she could get pregnant again.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 14:29:25 PM »
did she escape before or after the spay?? if it was after it might be worth mentioning the bald patch!

Offline sixtoedcats

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 14:28:00 PM »
Thanks for all the great tips to help find Lola my tortie cat.  I'm really worried about her as she was 10 miles from home, when she escaped from the carrier. She's not used to traffic
as we live in the country.  The reason she was taken to the vets was to be spayed after having 5 kittens in May.  I kept them all but they're really missing her. Although they are fully weaned they still had their daily wash & cuddles.! Today I noticed our other Tortie Mia, she has six toes, washing them & being very loving. Before she would hiss at them.

We've pushed lots of posters through houses nearby, also handing them to dog walkers. People have been so helpful. So far three people think they've seen her. The first two were in gardens close to the vets. The last sighting was on 4th Oct. Someone saw a tortie cat coming from a farm track.
Having her picture on the poster has helped a lot.  I'm so glad I've found this site. Only cat lovers will understand what I'm going through at the moment.
I'm hoping to post a photo of Lola soon.    :thanks:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 20:35:56 PM »

Sorry To hear your furbabe has gone AWOL.

Here are a few things to try:

1. Posters, Posters, Posters with picture and details with contact number.....hand out to neighbours and anyone you see. Put up in local shops, pubs and supermarkets. Stick to all local lamp posts. (If it rains go and collect them and replace however it's best to put posters in plastic wallets so if it rains they don't go all soggy - the neighbours and council don’t mind you putting them up so much that way).  Also put one in your and friends cars - it amazing how many people see them this way. Make smaller flyers and push through every letterbox on your streets and the surrounding area.   It is a good idea to offer a reward … of course this doesn’t have to be money … a box of cho-colates or a bunch of flowers is just as good.

2. Knock on doors and ask neighbours to check their sheds and garages WHILE YOU WAIT … it's surprising how many people say they will check but as soon as the door is closed they forget.   Knock on 10 doors either side of your house on both sides of the street.

3. Register him lost at all vets/catteries/rescue homes within a 20mile radius.  Follow the link and click on the map to find rescues in your area catchat.org/adoption/index.html

4. Leave food out and a toy of his

5. Leave out an unwashed item of your clothing

6. Put the contents of your hoover bag on your garden - it’s full of smells that they will recognise and if doesn’t bring him directly to your door will at least hopefully keep him in the area. Alternatively if you have a litter tray that has used put some of the used litter on the garden as this will have familiar smells in it.

7. Contact the local fire brigade and see if they have had to rescue any stuck cats

8. Ask the local children to look - they are great for knowing all the local hidey-holes and love helping. Also have a word with your local post-person and milk man if there is one that delivers in your area.   Also try and enlist the help of people walking dogs as they tend to go “off road” in the fields and parks.

9. Ask the local radio station to announce he’s missing and give out a contact number

10. Put an advert in the local paper

11. Contact your local environmental services dept (bin men) they keep a log of all animals picked on the roadside ... I know this is not a pleasant call to make and hopefully it will come back as negative.

12. Go out after dark when it is quieter with a friend / partner and walk round the local area gently calling every so often (give him a chance to answer you). Keep talking as you walk round that way if he is in the area he will hear you.

13. When you talk to vets and rescues, ask them about any known local feral colonies and where they are based. If Kitty has been missing for more than a few days s/he might have wandered further afield and might be “hanging round” near a colony for security (safety in numbers) and company. If vets/rescues know locations of colonies, these might be useful to get some ideas of where to start looking.

14. If you have Pet Insurance check your policy to see if they will assist with advertising costs or reward costs for a lost cat.  Some policies cover as much as £1000 of local advertising and upto £500 reward.

Finally have a look at these sites - they are all EXCELLENT

catchat.org/forum.html

purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php

mymoggy.com/  contact Sue at mymoggy.

thehovel.com/bb/index.php?f=28&ppage=20&sort=lastpost&order=DESC

nationalpetregister.org

soyouhavelostyourcat.co.uk/#1

petsearchuk.org.uk/

amissingpet.co.uk/lostandfound.html

animalsearchuk.com/

pet-rescue.org.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=447

lostmycat.org/index.php

animalrescuers.co.uk/html/lostfound.html

foundandlostpets.co.uk/

1.freewebs.com/pettalk/missingpetsbulletinboard.htm

petsmiles.com/v1/found.php

Also don't forget to check ad websites, such as.....

friday-ad.co.uk

adtrader.co.uk

uk.freeads.net

classifieds.co.uk

and also your local rescue shelter/s websites too!

Good luck and stay positive.

And finally ……. IMPORTANT NOTE: When you get your furbabe back remember to remove ALL the posters and inform all vets / rescues / websites etc that they are home.

Offline sixtoedcats

• Kitten
LOST Tortoiseshell cat, Cheltenham racecourse, Glos.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 19:28:19 PM »
LOST Lola tortoiseshell & white cat, escaped from basket in car park of Dragon vets near Cheltenham racecourse on 1st Oct.
She's wearing a red collar & green disc.  five kittens missing mum.
Can anyone help, please!      :(

Link to CatChat