Author Topic: Tom  (Read 4714 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Tom
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 10:26:18 AM »
Cheers guys - still no interest in him, but I haven't put his new pic on yet. Tiger is funny with him - she swiped at him twice yesterday, but then sat on one end of the sofa while he was on the other end!! Molly is still iffy like that too, one minute she will tolerate him, the next she will spit and growl. Even if they did get on though, we already know that my house isn't the best for him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sar

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 21:45:17 PM »
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

You should hear the words coming out of my mouth right now!!!  >:(

I so wish that I could take Tom - he is absolutely fabulous!  :Luv:  If you need some extra back up for your 'friend' then give me a shout!!

Many, many, *hugs* to you and Thomas!

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 08:52:42 AM »
I can't believe some  :censored: people  >:(

Why couldn't she just be honest .. poor wee Tom all he wanted was a loving forever home and the sad thing is NONE of this is his fault  :(

I am sure he WILL find the right person to love him and spoil him rotten and thank goodness he has you to look after him. Although the girls might not think that  :-: .. are they getting on any better?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 16:42:48 PM »
Tom is already back with me - there is another thread on this. It started out that she said she was having home repairs done, so could I look after him for 2 weeks (that was 2.5 weeks ago) - she brought him with 2 tins of food, nothing else (not even the carrier that was mine!!), and when I Tried ringing to find out when she was getting more to me, she kept ignoring me - I spoke to her mum and found out she is back with them - and she had been for 3 weeks. I do hope I can find an alternative for him, my house isnt' teh best for him - he suffers with stress related cystitis and my girls beat him up!!
Please spay your cat

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 16:11:31 PM »
Poor old Tom he obvously deseves better than that and you Delsey deserve to have better friends. I would text her back when you have Tom and say "KISS YOUR  :censored: I THINK NOT I AM QUITE CHOOSY IN THAT DEPARTMENT AND WOULD RATHER A FUR BABE TO YOU ANYTIME"

Lets all hope and pray someone out there somewhere wants a beautiful boy to love and cherish. I would have him if i wasnt overcrowded already

kisses to Tom when you get him back poor little mite

xxxxx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 15:23:46 PM »
Exactly Jack - and as I say, the dog isn't even hers, when she moves out from her parents, the dog wont be going with her, the dog was bought before she left home the first time, but she has always been more 'theirs' than 'hers'
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 10:18:54 AM »
I can't have him I have a dog n child on the way which are a damn sight more important as you should know'

Why are they? Do other animals stop being important when you have children? What a confusing thing to say. And are dogs higher up on the levels of importance scales?

Anyway, good luck Tom. Hope you find the home YOU DESERVE!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 09:31:44 AM »
Some friend  >:(  Poor Tom.  I really hope he finds himself a furever home soon. 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 00:31:59 AM »
Well thats a nice kind of friend................reckon an ex-friend  >:( I just feel sorry for poor Tom cos he must have thought that he had got a new home all by himself, I wonder how happy he was before he came back to you though.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 21:31:55 PM »
WEll, I am guessing my friend has got the letter, seeing as I received this text message earlier 'If u can't be bothered to ring me you can kiss my ****. I can't have him I have a dog n child on teh way which are a damn sight more important as you should know' - I honestly over estimated how much of an animal lover my friend is - (and incidentally the dog is actually the one that lives with her parents, so she hasn't gone out and got a dog instead). So, I think that means he is officially back in our care, and does need a new home. Will post pics tomorrow, I dont seem to have the new ones downloaded on my home comp
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 07:31:11 AM »
Cheers everyone - I do hope that we can find a home asap for Tom, as I am constantly paranoid when he goes in certain parts of the house in case he starts spraying again!! Plus the girls dont like him - I thought Molly would have been fine with him, but she isn't, and I really dont want them disrupting too much.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 20:26:07 PM »
Poor old Tom, really hope he finds a special home soon.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 19:30:57 PM »
Aaaawww, Desley. I do hope Tom finds a lovely new home really soon. Your friend ought to be ashamed of herself!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 18:09:29 PM »
So sorry that your friend has let you  down so bad.

Right lets have those pictures of wonderful Tom on here, and maybe someone know of a good home for him cos he deserves one so much.  ;D

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 16:00:56 PM »
I was hoping your friend might have done the decent thing and at least been in touch about him. You want me to get him on the site for you?
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 13:21:40 PM »
That's a blow. But I can't say I'm surprised after what you said. Poor Tom... :'(
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Tom
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 12:32:45 PM »
Well, my friend still hasn't been in touch over Tom, so it is looking like he is going to be coming back into our care this week and will need a home. The home we had has fallen through, and I am anxious to find him a new home asap, I dont want him here long term again - neither of the girls like him, and Molly will often move from cuddling me under the duvet when he jumps on the bed, which isn't fair on her. Plus they are on restricted outdoor access as he isn't allowed out. He hasn't had any cystitis issues since October, so that will hopefully help with finding him a home, but he does still need to be an only cat. I will let him travel this time, and he did have a full blood panel (exc thyroid) done in October showing he was perfectly healthy.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat