Author Topic: Cats from Italy (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Cats from Italy (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 19:29:34 PM »
Have you had any contact with Silvana who runs Romney House rescue in Kent? - she also runs another one in Sardinia. She may have some ideas.

http://www.romneyhousecatrescue.org.uk/

btw - She is a really nice person  :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:01:22 AM by Janeyk »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Technically Blonde

• Adult Cat
  • Bimba - one relaxed rescued cat!
    • Our Life in Italy
Cats from Italy (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 10:00:30 AM »
We have a number of kittens and young cats born wild here in Puglia, Southern Italy that we need to find homes for.

As well as our own cats (2 english/10 Italian - all rescues) we also feed a group of cats in the next "contrada" to us. A friend who has a holiday home there has donated the use of her garage, food and money for medication for the Contrada Cat Club. Bob goes there every day and feeds all the cats that turn up. Currently we have 3 kittens (it was 4 but we found little Ging dead in the road today), 2 tabby and one black, 2 yearlings, both tabby (Barney and Monty), and Buster who is about 2 now and is the founder member of the Contrada Cat Club. Although these cats were born in the wild they are used to humans and come to be fussed as well as fed.

We would like to try and find homes for them. Inspired by our friends Val and Mino, who rescue abandoned dogs here, who are rehoming dogs back to the UK, we would like to try and do the same thing with these cats and kittens. We will work together with any prospective adopters to get the cats their pet passports and arrange transport back to the UK. If anyone would like to provide a home for an italian kitty please please contact me.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:01:06 AM by Janeyk »
TB

Link to CatChat