Author Topic: The Supreme  (Read 41252 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: The Supreme
« Reply #212 on: November 22, 2008, 21:09:53 PM »
Phil thinks he spotted you Susanne 

Why didn't he stop me then?!!  ;D  I was on my own for a lot of the time cos my friend got the train down to join me but had to leave earlier than me so wasn't there for the full day.  I kept myself busy and still didn't see everything I wanted to see, but I would have liked to have said hello to a few people!  I kept looking out for you, Dawn.  I know there are a lot of people there, but I can't believe I didnt' see you.  It's not that big!  You'd think that I'd have spotted you at some point!

I had a fab time but I am really knackered now.  I watched some of the Somali and semi longhair judging this morning, chatted to a somali breeder I know (who bred Mosi's mum), had a cuddle of a gorgeous fawn somali kitten and generally saw lots of gorgeous puds.  Unfortunately, I didn't get my usual place for the judging of the supreme cats (I usually get right in front of the stage, sat on the floor) so had to watch that from a distance and standing up.  However, that did afford me the opportunity to nab my bargain of the day (and my xmas present to myself) - a book on cat genetics reduced from £42.99 to £15  ;D

For the boys, I bought 16 cartons of bozita (would have been more if I'd had the car), 24 pouches of almo nature, 10 tins of almo nature, a 400g bag of applaws dry to try, some salmon mousse pouches, some fish oil and fishy treats, some feliway (for Jaffa's little problem  ;)), some viacutin, a rod toy, a yeow catnip toy, a small furry toy that Mosi is going mad for and now Jaffa is fighting him for  :shify:.... I think that's about it, but I'm sure there is more I've forgotten.  A few free samples but I didn't do as well as I normally do for freebies.  I wasn't really looking out for them as I knew I couldn't carry too much.  Oh, I forgot.  I got the catit senses toy.  But not the track bit that everyone wanted.  I also saw it early in the day and decided to go back for it.  When I went back they were sold out :(  I got the scratch pad bit and am going to get the rest for them for xmas.

I really struggled to carry it all to the train station.  It's a helluva long way from hall 18 to the station!  I'm sure there must have been trollyes or something somewhere?  I didn't see any.  Fortunately when I got to the station, I was rescued by a porter who helped me onto the train and the guard helped me off and found me a trolley.

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2008, 21:08:18 PM »
What an exciting day!!

It was great meeting you all :)

I was a bit run ragged helping my friends.  Candyman (my friend's cream and white bicolour persian) won best persian neuter and was pipped to best overall neuter by the overall winner the Maine Coon.

I am absolutely shattered and I'm off to another show tomorrow!  I think I may need my head testing! :evillaugh:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2008, 21:06:39 PM »
It is correct they do best in show and then best kitten in show?

If so I may be able to shed some light!

There was a British Shorthair and a Lilac point Burmese on stage when I was leaving, I saw them ask people to clap for the one they wanted etc and then they announced the Burmese had won. I think that was best in show as it was around 4.30 ish on the main stage and they'd spent ages judging them.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 21:07:04 PM by Cheesecat »
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2008, 21:04:21 PM »
I was oohing and aahing over the siamese too  :Luv: gorgeous

I was wondering who won too  :shify:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2008, 21:01:54 PM »
Den - maybe I should start asking for two Siamese and then Phil might be relieved if I just settle for one  :sneaky:

You should!!  How can anyone say no to one  :Luv: :Luv:

BTW does anyone know which cat won the show?

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2008, 20:54:27 PM »
Phil thinks he spotted you Susanne  :hug: I was oblivious as I was far too occupied on shopping to look around too much at the crowds!  :evillaugh:

Den - maybe I should start asking for two Siamese and then Phil might be relieved if I just settle for one  :sneaky:
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2008, 20:51:27 PM »
Oh god, I can't believe I missed you all (although given that someone was camera happy,maybe I'm relieved!).  Didn't realise you were meeting at wetherspoons.  Didn't read this thread properly.  I don't think I would have had time to meet there tbh.  I did walk past the household pets and I saw Pearl!  But no witty or anyone else.  I'm knackered and bought way too much to carry home on the train (thank god for helpful porters).  I've spent a fortune and I think I bought one of those catit things you are talking about  :P  I will type more when I've got some wine inside of me and stopped Jaffa and Mosi fighting over the most innocuous looking toy that I bought for them.  They are obsessed with it.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2008, 20:48:58 PM »
I got him that cat-it thingy and it's a hit, he loves it!!

Is this the thing I realised I was practically QVC advertising at the meetup?  :rofl: I went back to that shop later on and realised there were none left and wondered if any purrs people bought them  :evillaugh:

Yup thats the one. As soon as we left I ran to the place and picked one up  :evillaugh: They really didn't have many when I went. So glad that I got it as he loves it however, it took ages to assemble for some reason :-[

Weren't those Siamese's just gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: I actually really want one or two now.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2008, 20:46:34 PM »
Rosella, the pictures are taking ages to load on my rubbish connection at the moment but you have tagged me correctly! :look 2:

Also ??????? is CheeseGertiDocsDad aka Phil (my oh)  8)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2008, 20:41:05 PM »
I got him that cat-it thingy and it's a hit, he loves it!!

Is this the thing I realised I was practically QVC advertising at the meetup?  :rofl: I went back to that shop later on and realised there were none left and wondered if any purrs people bought them  :evillaugh:

I had a wonderful time today, stayed practically until the end and spent toooooo much money. We had the usual taste test panel of foods when we got in  :wow: I think the cats christmas presents are sorted though  8)

I really enjoyed looking at all the burmese and siamese  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: cats - I want a meese even more now! (Phil says no!) there were loads of cats that reminded me of Fizz and Erick who we fostered, they were melting my heart! I love looking at the household cat section too  :Luv:

It was wonderful to put some purrs faces to names and meet some people I have met before. It was lovely to see the gorgeous Pearl too and meet Witty again - her pen looked fantastic it was really impressive. We watched Pearl being judged (I took out my comment cause realised its perhaps a bit mean on the other cats  :rofl: )

I think I beat last year for free samples  :evillaugh: we got some science plan, almo nature, gourmet pouch, JWB, Purina one, burns, some organic cat food, hi life pouch, thats just what I remember!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 20:52:19 PM by Cheesecat »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2008, 20:32:22 PM »
OMG, the pressure!!!!!!!!!!  I've forgotten who everyone was so you'll just have to shout up with piccie number and I'll amend this post as necessary (I really am so embarassed but I swear someone stole what little memory cells I had about 8 years ago  :-[)

Piccie 1 (Jon, Ems & Pav?)

Piccie 2 (Ems, Pav & Ruth?)

Piccie 3 (Alison, Den & Sally?)

Piccie 4 (NSKittyNewbie, Candice, Phil (Dawn's OH) & Dawn Cheesecat?)

Piccie 5 (Witty with Pearl, Den & Alison)

Piccie 6 (OMG I just can't think, panic has taken over, so embarassing, can't even guess unless Mojo er sorry er CS and OH?)

Back to firmer ground

A babe that I fell head over heals with

and at last to the star of the show THE DELECTABLE PEARL

The last piccie steals Witty's thunder a wee bit but she is going to be completely shattered when she gets home and knew you lot wouldn't be able to wait for show results  ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 20:50:02 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2008, 18:28:28 PM »
Oh Ems, Molly says thank you and wants to know when she can move in with you  :evillaugh:

She's sooooooooooo jealous of all the fun stuff Memphis has so the treats are going down well  :evillaugh: I've told her she has to wait until Crufts to be spoilt.

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2008, 18:25:39 PM »
We're home!  ;D

What a fab day ;D the girls are now the proud owner of a russel hardy design cat scratcher  :) it is fab and a v.good price for solid wood. (Jon was saying this as he was breaking his back carrying it to the car  :evillaugh: ) also got new collars from kitty collars and lots of other bits and bobs.

Was lovely to see everyone, hope you had a great day.

p.s. I saw a sphinx close up and it was fab  :) but not as fab as 'our' Pearl  :Luv:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2008, 18:12:54 PM »
No we did not see that :shify:

Oh the Maine Coons were lovely also the Devon Rex :Luv:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2008, 18:12:43 PM »
Did you get the Yeoww fish off the Maine coon cat club stall ?

Nope I got it at the stall which had a ton of cat toys and Applaws food. I picked it up when I got the cat-it track.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2008, 18:09:56 PM »
Did you get the Yeoww fish off the Maine coon cat club stall ? I got one for FiFi and she went mad with it , cant find it anywhere now  :( . I know Dave that runs the club as i make show cards for him , so going to email and ask him to post me a couple for mine for xmas.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2008, 18:08:38 PM »
Just seen the weather forcast and do hope Witty and Pearl get home before the snow hits....wishing them a safe journey home  :hug:

have to say except fpr gale force winds we seem to be OK except grrrrrrrrrrr the only blob of snow in the west looks like its over the hills near here and we may get some too  >:(

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2008, 18:07:07 PM »
Well Memphis is happy ........ he's wrestling with his feather on a stick. I got him that cat-it thingy and it's a hit, he loves it!! I'll let him play with his other toys later .... he got a baby kong wubba and a wibbly wobbly ball whatever they are called. Also a yeoww fish.

It was wonderful meeting everyone and putting names to faces.

I loved the cats as well .......... really am smitten with the apricot and red point Siamese  :Luv: :Luv: I honestly am in love  :Luv2: Also with the Oriental Longhairs  :Luv: Not forgetting the NFCs who are simply gorgeous!!!!!! and the Maine Coons!!!!! Really want to know who wins the show.

Pearl is GORGEOUS!!!!! She's so cuddly and soft. Witty should be very proud (which I know she is!).

I am exhausted though so time to have a rest and put my feet up  :doh:

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2008, 18:05:03 PM »
Sounds like great fun!

....now where are the pictures?!  :shify:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2008, 17:50:11 PM »
Stunning and so pleased you had a great time  ;D

It seems its very cold everywhere except here, which is quite cold  :shify: :shify:

I do hope Wittys results are good and yes birmans are gorgeous arent they  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Its very tiring there, I remember from last year, Cant wait to see the pics and for others to get back too  ;D

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2008, 17:46:13 PM »
I'm back ;D :rofl:

Had a wonderful time after a good journey there. It was freezing in Birmingham :-:

Den and I immediately made a b line for Witty and Pearl. Wow the pen was absolutely amazing :wow: Will let Witty tell you the results :shify: Pearl is just so gorgeous and the highlight of the day was a cuddle with her. Whilst we were chatting to Witty Rosella  turned up. It was just so nice to meet her and Witty. The three of us then left Witty and after a drink looked round the ornamental cats. We wanted to catnap several :evillaugh:

We meet the others at Weatherspoons which was so exciting :wow: It was so nice to put a face to names ;D
Rosella has taken lots  of pics and will post them later.

Den, Rosella and I then did a bit of shopping. got a lovely feathery toy for Archie and a plug in Feliway that was only £14 :wow: Den and Rosella bought more than me.

We then looked around the other pens, Gill the Birmans were wonderful. Saw most breeds inc. Sphinx :wow:

Arrived home feeling very tired :tired:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2008, 17:38:06 PM »
Meeeeeeeeeeee too  ;D

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2008, 17:36:48 PM »
Ooohh can't wait for the juicy goss!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #189 on: November 22, 2008, 17:04:57 PM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh soon some of them will start arriving home.............hope that is was a great day  ;D

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2008, 09:03:33 AM »
Have a wonderful day all, I will be thinking of you all while I sit twiddling my thumbs at work.

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2008, 08:58:47 AM »
Sooo wish I was going, but skint and suffering ( I hate the time of the month!)

Just wanted to say a big good luck to all members showing cats today, wish I could go....wanna put faces to names for all you lovely peeps  ;D

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2008, 08:37:21 AM »
See you all later going to pick up Den soon, feeling very excited ;D

Well I'm up, showered, dressed and animal fed .. so ready  :wow:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2008, 08:10:44 AM »
See you all later going to pick up Den soon, feeling very excited ;D

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2008, 00:35:52 AM »
I wish I could go but I dont really know anyone and cant convince my OH to drive me there  :tired:

I was so looking forward to going as well!

Does anyone know any other fairly large shows going on in the next few months?

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2008, 22:33:46 PM »
Sorry guys I won't be able to make it tomorrow  :( been checking out the pennies and am a bit skint cos it's not pay day until next week and I was away last weekend seeing my new great nephew and of course been buying loads of stuff for him  :evillaugh:. I didn't plan very well for train tickets etc cos I wasn't sure when baby was going to arrive and they are now quite pricey. I will deffo be there next year tho, might look into going down day before and staying overnight cos it's a very long day if you do it in one from Newcastle.

Have a good day everyone and I will look forward to meeting you all next year - remember lots of photos and tales of spending  :rofl:

I'm going to visit one of our fosterers over the weekend to do some kitten cuddling and socialising of a couple of our more fiesty smaller residents so at least I will be doing something cat related  ;D

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2008, 19:42:31 PM »
Ok, so unfortunately I won't make it tomorrow, Debsymiller has told me about a cat adoption open day in Croydon tomorrow, so me and R are going cat-spotting.

Have a great time, and hopefully we'll all come back with lots of stories & new pictures... and maybe new additions too. x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2008, 19:26:42 PM »
They cant see him so he just strolls in with you  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2008, 19:26:08 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2008, 19:24:27 PM »
have a great day ladies and i will be there with you in thought....just turn and talk to harvey , once in a while  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  it will comefirm your status as mad cat ladies  ;D

Whose paying for his entrance ticket?  : :shify:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2008, 19:22:39 PM »
Still haven't decided if I'm coming or not -

Aaw  :(  waz looking forward to meeting another Tabby fan Ann. Goo on, come along (as my 2 year old nephew says) Peeeeez  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2008, 17:56:19 PM »
have a great day ladies and i will be there with you in thought....just turn and talk to harvey , once in a while  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  it will comefirm your status as mad cat ladies  ;D

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2008, 17:42:58 PM »
Still haven't decided if I'm coming or not - I'm useless at making decisions  :rofl: Keep thinking yes I'm going, no I'm not  :Crazy: Must decide soon or the train tickets will be too expensive aargh I hate making decisions  :-:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2008, 17:23:22 PM »
I'm scared too!   :scared:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #174 on: November 21, 2008, 15:14:24 PM »
I am not scary  :evillaugh: much  :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #173 on: November 21, 2008, 15:12:58 PM »
God I feel quite nervous about meeting people but am strange like that!

You're not alone feeling like that Dawn  :scared: :shy: but, as I live in Brum, I might not be allowed back on this site if I didn't make the teensiest effort when others are coming so far. Really want to meet everyone  :) but it's also scarey  :scared:

Link to CatChat