Author Topic: Two ginger toms need urgent new home - Walkley, Sheffield (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 3775 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
I'm moving this thread to sorted section now but if anyone has any updates or news please can you contact me   :thanks:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: Two ginger toms need urgent new home - Walkley, Sheffield
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 20:26:46 PM »
Any update?

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 15:16:06 PM »
I have to say i don't believe that people who take cats for free all treat then as dispoable objects thats mean nothing. My old Ginger was free to a good home from a sanctuary because of her age-I did donate something, of course I did, but that is neither here nor there, I love her just the same. There is an extensive debate on another forum I frequent about the free animal vs one which has been paid for, and there are pros and cons to each point of view.

It's not that everyone who takes a 'free to a good home' cat has suspicious motives: it's that the people who do have suspicious motives will go for 'free to a good home' cats.*

*In the same way that all mothers are female but not all females are mothers, for example  :)

Anyway, hope you can find a good home for these little fellows!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 15:19:20 PM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 19:29:12 PM »
It's OK - a lot of my cats were "free to a good home" cats too.

I do worry about them when I see animals advertised for free because I know that, unlike you and me, other people will take them on without thinking of further down the line and lose interest. (Something I could never do - my cats are endlessly entertaining!)

I think the local rescue you're thinking of would be grateful for any financial assistance. :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 19:29:27 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline LitleMermaid

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 15:46:59 PM »
Sorry, I haven't been on here long so all the rules aren't crystal yet!

If it's been changed cos they are the rules then that's fine! But I have to say i don't believe that people who take cats for free all treat then as dispoable objects thats mean nothing. My old Ginger was free to a good home from a sanctuary because of her age-I did donate something, of course I did, but that is neither here nor there, I love her just the same. There is an extensive debate on another forum I frequent about the free animal vs one which has been paid for, and there are pros and cons to each point of view.

It is an idea to ask for a donation for a charity, a local charity I know of is in desperate need of money. I am very skint, but if I did ask for a donation I would only want it to cover my basic costs. Thanks for giving me something to think about, I am just getting started really, and do appreciate it!

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
Re: Two ginger toms.
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 12:54:16 PM »
Should the wording be changed by a mod as is still says "Free to good home"
Also, the area isn't in the title.

Thanks  :)

Done  :thanks:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 07:09:53 AM »
Should the wording be changed by a mod as is still says "Free to good home"
Also, the area isn't in the title.

Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:15:14 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 20:38:30 PM »
Yes would love to see photos

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 19:15:16 PM »
Awww, I love ginger cats. :)

Can I suggest that if you don't want a donation to foster other cats you choose a rescue local to you and ask that the person adopting to send the money to them?

Good luck finding these two homes....we love pictures on here. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 18:42:21 PM »
Hi Littlemermaid.  Mark is right as we always advise people (rescue folks or civilians  ;)) never to offer cats 'free to a good home' as it can attract those who do not have the cats' welfare foremost in their minds.  To insist on a donation for the rescue - or another cat charity if appropriate - is better.  I reason that if people can't afford a donation, how will they be able to afford to keep the cats?

Might be worth emphasising that a homecheck will be required too, on this and any other forums that you use.

I hope you are able to find a loving home for these two little ones soon.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 18:22:47 PM »
I don't think "Free to a good home" is allowed on here.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline LitleMermaid

• Adult Cat
Two ginger toms need urgent new home - Walkley, Sheffield (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 15:23:20 PM »
Got a beautiful pair of ginger toms for rehome-they are at my house now, and so lovely! Going to just copy and paste the template I'vee filled in on another forum for them, much easier then re-writing everything! :)

Rehome or Sale?
Rehome-currently being fostered by myself and OH.
Reason for Rehome / Sale
Previous owner developed allergy.
Sale Amount
Time Scale – Urgent?
Not at all-they can stay with us for as long as it takes to find a suitable home.
Has the Pet been in Rescue Previously
No.
Animal to Rehome / Sell
Pair of ginger tom brothers.
OK with Dogs / Cats
Dogs unknown, getting on ok with our cats-been a bit of hissing and a few swipes, which is normal, but they seem to be settling in well
If A Cat can it be picked up and put in a basket without risk of scratching
Not put them in a basket yet  But I suspect they will be fine!
Age & Sex
Both male, five years old.
Breed/ Mix
Moggies.
Approximate size
Bloody massive!
Live in / out
In at the moment, but used to being outdoor cats.
Used to a cat flap
Didn't ask But as they were outdoor cats, I assume so. It's not usually difficult to teach anyway!
Ever lived with other cats/dogs/other animals
Living with my three cats at the moment. Very uninterested in the guinea pigs!
Neutered
Yes.
Any Current or Historical Health or Psychological Issues
No, in perfect health!
Temperament
Jasper is far more forward and friendly at first, but Jeremy is so lovely once he gets used to you.
Good or Bad with Children
Unknown. I'd hazard a guess that they'd be fine as long as the children understand they can't rag them around.
Dislike of Men or Women
Neither.
Travel OK in Car
In a carrier they are fine.
Housetrained
Prefer to go outside, but are litter trained.
Vaccinated & Wormed
Yes, come with an up-to-date vaccination card.
Kept in House for How Long at a time
Until they go to their new home they will be kept inside. If their new owners decide to let them out, then they can be kept in until you can be bothered to get off the sofa and open the door for them
General Information you can share
Jasper and Jeremy are two huge ginger toms. They came to us as their owners were thinking of rehoming due to an allergy. They were moving house soon, and didn't want to put them through the house move only to rehome in the near future. They were a bit grumpy at first, but with three other cats in the house, this is to be expected! Jasper is much braver then his brother, but both are lovely once they get used to you.

My laptop is broken, but I can be contacted on 07798932136, as I won't be online much over the next few weeks. Will try and get on when I can. They reall are lovely, and I shall come back and post pictures when OH has sen them to me (I am hopeless!) ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:21:20 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat