Author Topic: waiting for new cats  (Read 2075 times)

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
Re: waiting for new cats
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 11:24:43 AM »
aaah, thats a wee shame - but think what treats you can gather before then!!!  it'll fly past....  maybe!  :hug:

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
Re: waiting for new cats
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 11:09:11 AM »
 :( So disappointed this morning. Had really built myself up last night that Purdey and Lexie would be home today but just spoke to the shelter and the vet has said they can't be released until Monday. I understand that they want to be 100% certain they are clear of the tummy bug and I don't want them to come home too early and spread the bug to the others. However, can't help still being a little sad today.

So counting the days until Monday now when the new furballs can be collected.  :catlove:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
Re: who to adopt- decision made
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 18:39:31 PM »
 :wish:
oooooh, i hope they can come home tomorrow!!  ;D

as long as we get photies asap  :)

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 18:33:49 PM »
Please keep your fingers crossed for us for tomorrow. I'll be finding out whether Purdey and Lexie are well enough to come home. I can't wait to get them home now and start them on a new life. Going to be a long night.

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 19:27:04 PM »
I suggested Purdey as that was one of hubby's Mum's last cats before she lost her battle with cancer. Hubby then suggested Penny but Lexie just came to me and I really like it now. We were discussing it again over dinner tonight and the kids have agreed they should be Lexie and Purdey. Now we just need them to come home.

Val, they are spayed but CPL would do that before they are rehomed if not already done. They also treat them for fleas and worms and make sure the vaccinations are up to date. All that has been done already. Before I collect them CPL will chip them.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 18:42:47 PM »
Purdy and Penny  ;D ;D

Think you have made a great decision and we are waiting foir thenm to come home and pics  ;D ;D

Offline HaneyHarperIndyMum (Val)

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
Re: who to rehome - decision made
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 18:14:43 PM »
Val was laughing at me yesterday as I told her on the way home last night we were all discussing names. So far the suggestions are Purdy, Penny and Lexie. Any more suggestions are welcome.....

Yes, I was laughing and I still am!  I knew the moment you told me you were discussing names that you would be getting both cats!   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm really so happy for you Lesa!  You are so lucky to have a hubby who also enjoys cats just as much as you!  As I said before, I almost feel as if I am getting these two cat right along with you.  I am so excited and I can't wait until you get them home. 

They have had such a sad life and now they will be so loved and so well cared for.  I have been meaning to ask you Lesa, does the rescue shelter already micro chip them?  Are they up to date on their jabs? 

Offline tillywilly

• Adult Cat
  • home of Tilly & Archie
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 15:26:04 PM »
the more the merrier
My next door neighbours have cats called=
CANDY & FLOSS

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
Re: who to rehome - decision made
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 11:37:28 AM »
The CPL rang me this morning and offered to let me rehome just one of the cats. After chatting and hearing more of their story I have reserved them both!

The homing section has had a bout of diarrhoea so no cats are being released just yet. The vet is coming in for a review on Wednesday so I'll find out on Thursday if my girls can come home.

It turns out that all 13 cats were found in their owners garage after his death by his brothers and sister who didn't even know he had them. These 2 girls were emaciated and badly infected with fleas. Their fur was even falling out so that is why they were shorn and their coats are only starting to grow back. They are the last of the 13 to be made available for rehoming.

I will of course post an update when they come home and some pics. Just got to come up with some names. Val was laughing at me yesterday as I told her on the way home last night we were all discussing names. So far the suggestions are Purdy, Penny and Lexie. Any more suggestions are welcome.....

Offline HaneyHarperIndyMum (Val)

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
Re: who to rehome dilemma
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 20:37:33 PM »

You know that 2 are coming home really we just need to put it in writing for you! :shocked:

Good!  Then it is settled Lesa!  Now go back and get them both!  Just like I said in our pm's, your heart has already told you what to do, just follow your heart. 

Hey guys, Lesa and her family have already begun to pick out names.....for both cats!  lol  Funny huh?   :rofl: :rofl:  She already knows she can't split them up! lol  She just needs us to tell her that. 

So we did....Now go get those cats Lesa!  :rofl:

Offline Angel cake

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 20:33:00 PM »
I would rehome them both  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline likabu

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 20:30:09 PM »
I don't think that you will notice a difference between 5 or 6 cats to be honest - and would you really want to split the 2 of them up  :naughty:?

Lisa

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 20:21:58 PM »
6 is as easy as 5 and as they have a bond they should stay together

All that lovely hair to groom and hoover up and 2 more purrballs to heat the bed in the winter

You know that 2 are coming home really we just need to put it in writing for you! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 20:17:30 PM »
if it was me i would take them both seeing as they have bonded :Luv2:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
waiting for new cats
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 19:31:50 PM »
I went to my local CPL today and discovered they had a lot more cats than on their website.

I fell for 2 semi-long hair cats. I didn't even look at any others. They are black and white, 3 year old girls. They lived in a group of 13 cats  :o and came to the centre when they were discovered in the house after their owner was killed in a car accident. They are healthy apart from a flea problem. They have had their coats shorn so hard to tell how long they will get (they did describe them as semi long hairs). They are clear of fleas now. They are incredibly friendly and obviously used to the multi cat household. Problem is I went looking for one and typical me found two. Have been thinking about them all day and just about made up my mind to call tomorrow and reserve them. Then when I got home the centre left me a message saying they would be happy to split them and just let me reserve Ellie - WHAT TO DO :o

5 cats would be a lot less to care for than 6. However they are already bonded to each other so means they don't have to bond with my 4 just tolerate them. Also the centre is having to close for 6 months for refurbishments so trying to get as many cats rehomed as possible.

I so can't decide what to do. My heart says both of them but am trying to look at it practically as well and so can't decide  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 11:04:27 AM by fourfurballs »

Link to CatChat