Author Topic: best wet food  (Read 1355 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: best wet food
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 11:39:43 AM »
I have to say that before Max went onto his mainly renal diet he used to have Natures Menu and stuff like that, but when I put down his Felix As Good as It Looks he'd eat it soooo much quicker!  The bowl would literally be licked clean in minutes!

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 11:37:43 AM »
Same here. They aren't interested in posh wet food so I give them Felix senior and the best dry food - Orijen (Grain free)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 11:12:37 AM »
We feed Milo Felix, and Jess has a Felix mix with urinary food.

I've tried them on high meat content food but they turn their noses up.

So Felix it is in our house.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 11:12:11 AM »
What is the best wet food available in the UK?

:welcome: to Purrs, Yehudap.  I don't know the literal answer to your question but personally I feed a predominantly wet food diet to ensure adequate fluid intake. I now buy Porta 21 and Animonda from Zooplus: I also buy Almo Nature.  For the dried element of her diet, I am switching Blip onto Orijen, which is cereal-free.

What these foods have in common is a high meat content.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 11:00:46 AM »
I feed my boy Whiskas Oh So (meat content 14%), and Hi Life Essentials (meat content 50%). He prefers the Oh So range to the Hi Life range so I only give him Hi Life once a week.

I usually mix in a bit of warmed water to maximise the fluid intake, which he loves.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 10:44:30 AM »
Agree with Desley, there are so many brands on the market, it can really come down to what your cat will eat, and of course your budget.

A lot of the brands sold in supermarkets like Whikas, Felix etc are palitable, but have been compared to the McDonalds of cat food, as the meat quantity is quite low in these.

Some of the 'better' brands are things like Natures' Menu, where the meat content is much higher at around 70%, so technically a much better quality food.

Some puds with sensitive tums do struggle with this though, so I think its really trial and error to find something which is good for them, and that they like too.

Hope this helps a bit?

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 08:09:27 AM »
There are lots, and the most important thing is whether your cat will eat it - I would take a look on Zooplus, it has better foods than the supermarket.
Please spay your cat

Offline Yehudap

• Kitten
best wet food
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 02:03:17 AM »
What is the best wet food available in the UK?

Link to CatChat