Author Topic: Urine sample  (Read 1928 times)

Offline lucky and jj mum

• Adult Cat
Re: Urine sample
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 21:28:31 PM »
My life was made easier when I have had to get a sample as  mine still like to use their dirt box. As soon as I heard them scratching I be out like a shout and stick a small plastic tray under them.
My pet's are my world.

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 07:39:36 AM »
When my cat Ollie had to get a urine sample the vet did it. Unfortunately he was not cooperative so he was put under anesthetic and they syringed it direct from his bladder , he also got blood tests to.

Such a shame what they have to go through

Zoe Ollie and Tyler xx
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 13:14:41 PM »
I hope Clare (Clarenmax) will see this soon... she has a plenty of experience to share... ;)

Lol, indeed I do  :evillaugh:

It took me about 3 days of perseverence to get a sample from Max the first time around! 

The vets gave us the special litter, but he refused to go anywhere near it most of the time.

I figured the best way was to put this down until he needed to go, then put back his normal tray and stick a shot glass under the stream to catch it!  Not the most dignified way of doing it, but its now tried and tested in my house  :rofl:

Does Barney use an indoor tray as well?  If so you could confine him to the house for a while to make it a bit easier?

Lol - that's like what I had to do to get a sample as the litter stuff didn't work.  I didn't use a shot glass it was a plastic dish so it was a lot easier to catch.  Needless to say that dish then went in the bin. 

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 20:54:18 PM »
No vet could ever get anything from Sylvester without invasive procedures even when he was in urine retention, alwaysd been a nightmare!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 19:26:34 PM »
Your vet can just take a sample, much quicker and less time consuming for you!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 11:49:22 AM »
Unfortunately Barney will only use one or two places and both of them are under the rose bushes, but if I dig the garden over he seems to want to pee where I have just dug.

Hmm, our babes like to be difficult don't they  :evillaugh:

I can suggest 2 words ....... get digging!  Then follow him round with a shot glass?

A long shot, but it might just work!  Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »

stick a shot glass under the stream to catch it! 

I'll have to remember that.

Cheers  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 11:31:17 AM »
Unfortunately Barney will only use one or two places and both of them are under the rose bushes, but if I dig the garden over he seems to want to pee where I have just dug.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 09:37:18 AM »
I hope Clare (Clarenmax) will see this soon... she has a plenty of experience to share... ;)

Lol, indeed I do  :evillaugh:

It took me about 3 days of perseverence to get a sample from Max the first time around! 

The vets gave us the special litter, but he refused to go anywhere near it most of the time.

I figured the best way was to put this down until he needed to go, then put back his normal tray and stick a shot glass under the stream to catch it!  Not the most dignified way of doing it, but its now tried and tested in my house  :rofl:

Does Barney use an indoor tray as well?  If so you could confine him to the house for a while to make it a bit easier?

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 09:32:22 AM »
Amber needed to provide a sample and I did have to follow her around the garden with a cup after she refused to go in the special litter for 24 hours

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »
Special litter from the vets and hope, or follow them with a shot glass, or let the vet do it.
Please spay your cat

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 07:11:23 AM »
I have had to do this many times with Sylvester due to him having urinary problems and its special cat litter you get from the vets that doesn't soak up the urine in a litter tray and llots of time and watching and waiting.

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 23:37:15 PM »

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
Urine sample
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 23:13:38 PM »
Might seem a bit of a stupid question, but how do you guy's go about taking a urine sample from your cats? I have to get a sample from young Barney and having spent the best part of Sunday chasing him around the garden I gave up around 3pm :rofl:

Link to CatChat