Author Topic: Ginger Female Siamese X - HOMED  (Read 7767 times)

Offline KarenS

• Kitten
Re: Ginger Female Siamese X - HOMED
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 17:53:05 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that Ginger is settling in very well - we had both cats in the lounge last night, with hubby and I on one sofa each and a curled up cat (Ginger and my siamese boy) on each lap.  :hug:

Its obviously early days (day 5!) but they're happy to be in the same room as each other now (just not tooo close yet! :naughty:) and Ginger is confidently exploring each and every room with a fine toothcomb!

So a big :thanks: to Sara and the PIOH website for giving us the chance to give this cutesy little girl a new home and giving our lonely boy a new friend.  :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 19:04:30 PM »
 :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 18:26:27 PM »
Oh sorry I misread  grrrrrrrrrrrr will reinstate the found...............mutter mutter lol

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Re: Ginger Female Siamese X
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 17:45:37 PM »
Ginger has been homed. It's the 2 boys on another thread that are still looking.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Ginger Female Siamese X
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 17:10:32 PM »
I will tqake the found off the title for you  ;D

Offline sara

• Adult Cat
Re: Ginger Female Siamese X - HOME FOUND!
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 15:13:35 PM »
Nothing yet unfortunately.  Sharon at Canterbury CP was saying she had a really promising call the other day and she gave the guy my number but he hasn't called me so maybe they weren't what he was looking for after all.  I think I'm just going to have to sit tight and keep my fingers crossed.  I have ads all over the place so hopefully one of them will produce a positive result.  If I can find them a new home as lovely as Ginger's then I'll be happy.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 14:57:41 PM »
glad it worked out, any news on the boys?

Offline sara

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 14:56:53 PM »
Ginger is settling in to her new home well.  Photos soon!

:)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 10:46:18 AM »
glad ginger has found a new home, good luck with the other two

Offline sara

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 10:44:26 AM »
Hi all,

I am driving Ginger over to Norfolk tomorrow, she is going to live with Karen, Paul and their black, male, siamese cross Viv ;D  I am sure she will be really happy there.  I will ask Karen to post a photo or two once she has settled in.

Thanks so much to all of you for your help and your kind words :).  I just need to find a home for my two black and white boys now so keep looking please!

:thanks:

Sara

Offline sara

• Adult Cat
Hi everyone, thanks for the messages.  sorry for the delay in responding, I've been away for a few days.

Karen, it sounds like you could be offering Ginger the perfect new home.  I have replied to your email and will hopefully speak to you soon.

Sharon and Mark, keep me updated on the situation with the lady in whitstable in case things don't work out with Karen for any reason.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
fingers crossed for ginger - and the two others of course!

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Hi Sara
with luck we may have a match for a nice home for Ginger will be in touch. Very local as well just Whitstable area, lady on her own with nice garden.
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Hopefully another branch of CP or another known rescue would be able to do a homecheck. The lady I mentioned in Whitstable still hasn't returned my call  :(

Offline KarenS

• Kitten
I've emailed you with a long  :Crazy: description of us and our 12 yr old siamese cross who's recently lost his brother and in need of a new friend...

We're in Norfolk so a way away from you, but would love to see if we might be right for Ginger.  Take a look at my email and let me know what you think.

Best of luck with Ginger if I don't hear from you,  ;D

Offline sara

• Adult Cat
Re: Loving Home Needed for Ginger, Female Siamese Cross - Herne Bay, Kent
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 10:22:40 AM »
OK well it's probably best to email or call me rather than responding on here because I don't tend to check this as often as my email (not that I'm obsessive or anything you understand :Crazy: :evillaugh:).  Thanks so much though, I really am hopeful.  It's hard when you know you have to re-home your pets but you don't really want to, it makes it a lot more difficult.  My Sister wanted to take Ginger but she has two kids under the age of 3 and can barely look after herself so I said no.  I also had a call the other day from someone I didn't really like the sound of and I was secretly kinda glad when they didn't get back to me to arrange a time for me to go round and meet them.  i know I migt sound really crazy and ungrateful but I think it's going to take me finding the perfect home for my babies before I'll be comfortable letting them go.  If I know that they will be happy, possibly happier than they are with me, then I'll be able to give them up.  Trouble is, I don't have forever and finding 'perfect' homes is not easy so I really do appreciate everyone's help :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 19:03:57 PM »
No call so far - she has grandchildren and it is school holidays so anything is possible. I will keep on top of this.

Offline sara

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 11:11:57 AM »
Thanks Mark, that does sound perfect so fingers crossed!

Good luck with your cat search too Meezer Mum!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 10:37:59 AM »
From what I have seen, neutered males are as soft as anything. I was at the vets the other week and he wanted to home one of our kittens. I told him the one he wanted had been claimed but offered him one of the girls. He said he would only have boy cats as they are much more laid back. Who knows? - I guess most of it is down to personality.

Anyway, good luck with your potential new kitty  :)

Offline Meezer Mum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »
Ginger would have been ideal for me and my cat Castle (I am sure he would have loved being mothered) - apart from the fact she is an outdoors cat,  I hope she find s the purrfect home very soon :)

I think I may have found a possible companion for Castle - a Red Point siamese, 11years old - owner has gone to a nursing home :( the only issue I have is that the cat is male, I had been hoping for a female as this is what my cat Castle is familiar with, but I have since been reading that male-male integration may in fact be easier than a male-female integration.  so I am now seriously considering this lovely older male siamese.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »
I had a thought this morning. I homechecked a lady a while ago. It was a lovely house with a totally enclosed garden etc. She said she wanted an older cat and ideally Siamese as she had always had them. Her hus band had died and she was thinking of getting another cat for company. She was shown a couple of cats but wasn't interested. I said at the time, Siamese cats don't come along every day (although it seems they do at the moment  :evillaugh: ) - anyway, I have left a message with her. This would be a perfect home as she is there most of the time and talked about spending the evening with the cat on her lap watching the sea in the distance  :) - she also likes to have a cat on the bed  :) - fingers crossed on this one  :) - I gave her my private number which I don't do with most  :evillaugh:

Offline sara

• Adult Cat
Re: Loving Home Needed for Ginger - Herne Bay, Kent
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 12:49:33 PM »
Thanks everyone!  She really is a lovely cat and would make a great companion for someone but as yet, I've had no interest in Ginger or the two boys unfortunately  :(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 20:32:36 PM »
Ahhh bless what a gorgeous girl ... good luck in finding her a home.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 22:35:31 PM »
I guess I should have checked first  :shy:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 22:33:14 PM »
Already on our pages Mark!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 21:48:38 PM »
Have you tried putting her on rescue waiting lists? I know we are full at the moment but I'm sure Sharon, our homing officer (Canterbury CP) would put her on our catchat page for direct rehoming. Best to cover all bases I suppose.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 23:00:02 PM »
She is so gorgeous

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 19:13:34 PM »
She's lovely. Good luck finding the perfect home for Ginger.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sara

• Adult Cat
Ginger Female Siamese X - HOMED
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 12:07:34 PM »
Ginger is a spayed, short-haired, white and ginger (with a fantastic stripy ginger tail!), female Siamese cross, approximately 12 years old.  She is fit and healthy, not overweight, fully house trained, vaccinated, wormed, flea treated and micro-chipped.  She is a friendly, happy cat who is very intelligent and intuitive.  Although Ginger loves attention and will happily curl up with you on the sofa, she is also very independent and provided she has access outdoors (via a cat flap or similar) then she will not take much looking after aside from feeding her once a day.  Ideally she would suit a single person, a couple or an older family but she is quite wary of young children and can be a little timid around other pets although she often likes to 'mother' other cats.  :Luv: 

My family adopted Ginger when she was about two as her owner, who lived on our street, had lots of cats and did not look after them.  Shortly after adopting her and another female (with their owner's permission) we found out they were both pregnant.  Ginger was spayed after her litter were born.  I took Ginger in around 2001 when my Dad moved back up North and she has lived with me and my 2 other cats ever since.  She gets on well with one of them but is frightened of the other so I think it's best if I re-home Ginger seperately.

The reason I need to re-home Ginger is that I am moving into rented accommodation with a view to moving abroad next year.  Please note, I will DEFINITELY carry out a homecheck because I love her to bits and want to make sure she will be happy and well looked after in her new home.  Although I am based in Kent, I am prepared to travel (and will deliver) for the right home.  :thanks:

For more information, photos or to arrange to see Ginger please contact me by email sarastone_@hotmail.com or on 07872 934490.  I am based in Herne Bay, Kent.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 18:26:55 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat