Author Topic: What is it with cats and new stuff?  (Read 2209 times)

Catbird

Re: What is it with cats and new stuff?
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 18:52:20 PM »

Can I also take this opportunity to point out that I have front row tickets to see Bill Bailey at the Royal Albert Hall in October  :wow: :wow: :wow:

Damn, rumbled.  I am nothing if not totally unoriginal.

As for the rest of you, stop with the "poor kitty" nonsense.  Her Royal Dotness lives a life of ease and plenty while I, her dutiful slave, am driven to the brink of bankruptcy and madness.  I finally stuck a pic of her on the "Cat's stories" board, so you can see what a poor, tortured little mite she is.  Now stop it.

C.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 10:32:37 AM »
Argos = chavvy???  that's the "Laminated Book of Dreams" you're talking about.  

:rofl:  Poor kitty, I know what you mean though!  I bet it would had been a different story if you'd put the cushion somewhere she's not supposed to go!

Can I also take this opportunity to point out that I have front row tickets to see Bill Bailey at the Royal Albert Hall in October  :wow: :wow: :wow:

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 09:53:27 AM »
My cats were like that when I brough new dining chairs home - for the first time in 2 years they didn't spend the night with me in bed, they slept on the chairs.    :'(
That phase has now passed and they are back on the bed with me!   ;D

Offline Amo_angelus

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 03:55:06 AM »
I like argos. I got my wonder mp3 player from there! And parts of halloween costumes.

As for the origional poster....I almost choked with laughter. Poor kitty.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 19:11:06 PM »
You must have osh Argos' - ours aint laminated!! :-:

Catbird

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 18:32:53 PM »
I have bought a new rug today from Argos but Dave must be a chav as that is where he is snoozing as we speak.

Argos = chavvy???  that's the "Laminated Book of Dreams" you're talking about.  

Sheesh.

C.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 18:29:52 PM »
I'm now having visions of Dot behaving like she is being lowered into boiling chip fat with legs flailing as she is dunked, poor baby  :evillaugh:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 17:46:15 PM »
 :rofl: The cushion is clearly far too small for her royal highness and is not from John lewis (yes, they can tell). Plus, you actually bought that for her, they mush prefer the stuff that wasn't intended for them at all.

I have bought a new rug today from Argos but Dave must be a chav as that is where he is snoozing as we speak.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 17:47:10 PM by 925dancer »

Catbird

What is it with cats and new stuff?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 17:23:37 PM »
This week I finally coughed up for a new sofa bed.  It arrived, I assembled it and then brought Dot into the spare room, which is also my study and reading room, for a look.  Giving me a look of rapturous joy, my brave little sausage threw herself onto the sofa and sort of expanded across all of it from the middle.  For the first time since she came to live with me, she did not sleep on the bed with me.  When I went out to work she was on the sofa, when I came in 12 hours later, she was on the sofa. 

Contrast with today.  I went out shopping in Chatham ('cos that's how hard I am) and bought some nice cushions for my new sofa, together with a rather nice oblong cushion to go on the living room windowsill for Dot.  In pre-new sofa days, Dot arranged for God to drop off a sunbeam outside the living room window, sort of midmorning-ish.  I place spiffy new cushion.  I peel Dot off new sofa.  I place Dot on new cushion.  You would think I had tried to lower her into boiling chip fat.  She yelled and yelled and looked at the cushion (from the floor) and looked at me as if to say, "Fat hooman, why you bring nasty dangerous cheap Primark-y cooshun into home?  New cooshuns are dangerous, especially ones with...gulp... TASELLS!!  Take nasty thing away or I will kill you until it really hurts".

The cushion's still on the windowsill but Dot ain't and no, there are no prizes for guessing where she is.

Why are some new things good but other items, seemingly innocuous to hooman eyes are the work of Satan himself?  She can't really tell I didn't get it in John Lewis, like I said, can she?   :shocked:

C.

Link to CatChat