Author Topic: Elderly cat needs rehoming in Ramsgate, Kent (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:45:59 AM by Janeyk »

Offline JillE

• Adult Cat
Re: Elderly cat needs rehoming in Ramsgate, Kent
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 16:33:16 PM »
mark how old is this cat?

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 14:31:26 PM »
 :( awww what a shame, all these homeless oldies!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 14:23:25 PM »
I have given her 4 numbers of small independent rescues from the list on catchat. I also phoned Rhodes Minnis who are willing to put the cat on their waiting list even though they (like us) are over 20 miles away - they said the wait will be 4 - 5 weeks. The lady said the situation is desperate as the neighbour said she wants the cat gone.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Elderly cat needs rehoming in Ramsgate, Kent (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 14:01:25 PM »
I had a message on the line this morning from a lady in Suffolk. Her brother in Ramsgate died recently leaving a cat. A neighbour tried to help out by taking the cat but after 3 weeks, she said the cat doesn't get on with her other 3 and wants the sister to take the cat. The sister said she can't take it as she has a guide dog and can't risk taking a cat. I tried phoning a nearer branch (Dover) they said they would normally help someone in Ramsgate but are closed to intake due to an outbreak of Herpes & Chlamydia and have already lost 3 kittens. They have no fosterers as yet (They are quite a new branch) and are in the process of having pens erected in gardens. They said they rescued a kitten from under the boardwalk in Ramsgate at 1am on Saturday.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:45:42 AM by Janeyk »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat