Author Topic: crosspost from catchat - pedigree madness (Presumably Sorted)  (Read 10742 times)

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Re: crosspost from catchat - pedigree madness (Presumably Sorted)
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2009, 15:19:58 PM »
Most pedigree cats have to stay inside or go into an enclosed garden and this is more so with ragdolls as lets just so they don't have the fears of moggies and most would walk off with anyone that was nice to them.The reasons cats come into us is for all sorts of reasons and some are perfectly healthy etc so its worth filling in the form if this cat doesn't work out. We will look at what type of cat would suit you best and will match the right cat to you. if you want to see what cats we have in at the moment then take a look here http://ukrcc.co.uk/adoptions.php . We are getting so many come in just lately so keep checking that page. good luck with your search for the puurfect kitty :hug:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:03:04 AM by Janeyk »

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: crosspost from catchat - pedigree madness
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2009, 15:11:32 PM »
I don't care at all about pedigree - but because I live in a very tiny cottage I cannot seperate a new cat from my two incumbents

so I am basically looking for a youngish healthy cat who isn't nervous about meeting other cats, has no  serious behavioural problems, and who would appreciate the use of an enclosed garden - this is why the deaf cat seemed a good candidate
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2009, 14:52:34 PM »
I am a member of the RHU site and have been for sometime now it is good because other rescues can help each other out with home checks,transporting,etc etc. I don't know what kind of cat you are looking for Tigger but if its a pedigree you might want to try applying to us at the UKRCC we mostly have ragdolls but also get other pedigree cats coming in to. We re home all over the UK and have many volunteers that live all over the UK.If you wish to apply for a cat from us then fill in the on line form here http://ukrcc.co.uk/question.php . Also try looking at all the other pedigree cat rescues here http://www.catchat.org/adoption/pedigree.html

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2009, 14:34:43 PM »
 :thanks: bot of you

well, Mel who has these pedigree rescues was going to ring me back in 10 minutes - that was 2 hours ago, so I think I will just have to leave it up to her now

I didn't know about the RHU site, though, and I see there is a volunteer home checker living near me, so will bear her in mind - and as vets visit once a year for vaccinations they may be suitable as a reference

I found a lady who does long distance pet courier service - have asked ClaireR is she knows of her, as she is based in Manchester area and does some work for local CP

not cheap but would allow me to consider a rescue from another area if another likely candidate crops up
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2009, 14:13:09 PM »
As Dawn says most rescues would take another Rescues word and there is also a reference from your vet - some like both - I have always provided both to new rescues so they can see just how seriously i take my own and am probably worse with the rescues animals when I do checks - hence the fact my dogs are bought rather than rescues - I failed my own fences!!!!!!

You would be surprised how many folks do homechecks for other rescues and for dogs, cats and other furries
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2009, 13:56:53 PM »
lots of rescues will accept a homecheck from another rescue if they aren't local  - good luck!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2009, 13:52:11 PM »
how does it work then, Liz? doesn't the present carer have to find her own person to do a home check?

there is a private rescue lady near me who has visited me many times, as I pass unwanted food and other cat stuff on to her - she puts cats on to CatChat occasionally - but if I passed her details on to Mel how would she know it wasn't just a friend of mine doing me a favour?
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2009, 13:39:28 PM »
Trigger may be put your appeal on to RHU as they have a wider base for homecheckers and may have someone in your area that you don't know about if the the transport is nearly sorted then cast your net wider for ahome check - I do home checks for dog rescues in England up her in Aberdeen just by word of mouth and all have got their doggies to so try crossposting even over to catchat etc someone must live near you to help this little babe
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2009, 13:12:48 PM »
I think she might be a bit overwhelmed by the response, and arranging a lot of home checks are proving to be a problem - it looks as if I will not be able to adopt the deaf cat because there is no one to do one where I am, which is a pity as I think I have solved the transport problem
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2009, 12:34:24 PM »
 We were contacted at the UKRCC to Help,We said we would but seems they don't need anyone's help as they haven't responded
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 13:04:22 PM by kelly-joy »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2009, 17:53:53 PM »
they seem to be doing really well rehoming them which is great  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2009, 17:34:44 PM »
I have told Mel I will have Oliver, the deaf Oriental, if no local home can be found for him - I have left her with my phone number, but will leave her to contact me

lord knows how I'll get him down here, but I will if necessary
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2009, 16:59:49 PM »
When i rang a day or so ago. All the orientals have nomes they have several Perisans still. And the deaf Oriental as well... Most that they still have for rehoming are long haired..
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2009, 11:10:35 AM »
 :welcome: Dominiques, no problem! this is the link:-

http://www.catchat.org/boldheath/cgibin/prtoc.cgi

Offline Domoniques

• Kitten
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2009, 10:43:44 AM »
Hi
 Where is the link to see the cats that need new home .
ps don't all shout at once I am new and just come on lol so still finding my feet
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 10:46:05 AM by Domoniques »

Offline ChinaBlue

• Adult Cat
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009, 09:51:49 AM »
The Ragdoll Rehome Group may be able to help with any Raggies.  Will contact one of our co-ordinators.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2009, 16:10:11 PM »
Atilla  :Luv: tugs at my heart strings bless him

They all do for me Janey  :'(

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2009, 16:08:54 PM »
They all do :Luv: but every now and again one comes along like Colby and Trueman and it really gets to you,princess is one of these :Luv2:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2009, 16:00:40 PM »
Atilla  :Luv: tugs at my heart strings bless him

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 15:32:41 PM »
Hi Anne what will happen to princess?? you say she is with a carer  who loves her but what are her chances for the future

SHe will never walk she pulls her self along with her front legs but there is nothing wrong with her brain...she will stay with her carer till the end of her days :Luv2:

It is simply heartbreaking  :'( :'( :'( - I just wish I hadn't looked - those poor cats all of them I want to scoop up and cuddle.

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
    • Animal Care Society (Cork)
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 15:31:00 PM »
Thanks Anne ,poor baby it must be so frustrating for her :( thank god she has someone to care for her :hug:

When we first got her the plan was to let her raise her babies and then decided what to do with her then....she was a fantistic mother it was then decided there was no way that such a cat with determation could be pts so it was then decided to put her on the sponsor programe and see how we went from there... she first came into the ACS well over a yr ago :Luv2:
annefitz@animalcaresociety.ie
http://www.animalcaresociety.ie/

My grandson Kai David McMahon Fitzgerald Butler was born on the 11/02/09 at 5.03pm weight 8lb 14ozs

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 15:25:54 PM »
Thanks Anne ,poor baby it must be so frustrating for her :( thank god she has someone to care for her :hug:

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2009, 15:22:20 PM »
Hi Anne what will happen to princess?? you say she is with a carer  who loves her but what are her chances for the future

SHe will never walk she pulls her self along with her front legs but there is nothing wrong with her brain...she will stay with her carer till the end of her days :Luv2:

My grandson Kai David McMahon Fitzgerald Butler was born on the 11/02/09 at 5.03pm weight 8lb 14ozs

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2009, 15:20:59 PM »
OMG found it, what a sad thing poor little girl :( this had me in tears she is so beautiful,i just want to take her and make evrything right for her :Luv:

Yes me too  :'(

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 15:17:01 PM »

Offline nessa (A C S )

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Kai David 11/02/09
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 15:14:29 PM »
If i can help (only at weekends) or evenings with transport in the Nottingham area i will,also Gail where did you read about the paralysed cat i couldnt find that

I clicked on the link in nessa sig.

I go have another look see where she was  bless her xxx

Hi there Gail..
I live in Ireland and also with the ACS I hand rear the orphans and also man the phones from my own home and the emergency call ....Princess is one special cat and is with a very special lady who loves her she has also taken bennie under her wing and the two of them adore one and other :Luv2:
Thanks for taking the time to click on the acs link  :hug:
Anne xxx

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 15:11:45 PM »
OMG found it, what a sad thing poor little girl :( this had me in tears she is so beautiful,i just want to take her and make evrything right for her :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 15:00:36 PM »
link in nessa sig - the click on Artila pic and she is the next babe  - Princess

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 14:58:35 PM »
If i can help (only at weekends) or evenings with transport in the Nottingham area i will,also Gail where did you read about the paralysed cat i couldnt find that

I clicked on the link in nessa sig.

I go have another look see where she was  bless her xxx

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 14:49:13 PM »

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 14:45:48 PM »
I can possibly help with transport from the rescue to the Staffordshire/Leciestershire/Derbyshire area if need be.

I am glad that Patsy at Rushdene has been contacted, she is a lovely woman and like the rest of us spoils her charges. I had Ben from there, my scottish fold and she did wonders with him. He was an RSPCA job as well.

OMG I am so tempted to shove over for just one more, but Ben was supposed to be my just one more. I saw his ickle face and that was it, just so in love.

Happy to help with transport, but if I fall in love with one on the way down I blame you lot!!
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 13:57:19 PM »
nessa  - why  did I click on your link - I have tear stained eyes reading those stories - the poor paralised cat  :( :( :( - I wish I could save all cats just swoop down pick them up and look after them.

I get so angry that people can do this to animals - ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  SO SO  :censored: angry  >:(

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 13:47:39 PM »
well deaf Ollie can certainly have a home with me if anyone can help with getting him here - but I'm afraid Warrington to deepest West Wales iwould be a challenge too far even for you wonderful people :(
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2009, 13:17:08 PM »
Just a note to say Judith and me seem to have been phoning the same people this morining and have got a couple of the pedigree rescues involved, one being rushden persian and the other pedigree rescue north west (?).
Mel at Boldhead rescue says she will make some calls this evening when she has time and we have also offered to help with transport if we can, I think Mel said she had about 200 cats at the mo :Crazy: alogether which certainly puts us to shame!

Obviously, any offers of help are brilliant and I'll update thread with any info I get.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 13:06:33 PM »
no I'm in buckinghamshire but am always tempted!!!!

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 13:05:25 PM »
Aww poor babies  :( :(

Are you tempted by some of these little ones Dawn? Are you anywhere local to the rescue?  :wow:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 12:52:20 PM »
I'm an oriental fan as well Dawn I was supposed to have two from Diddydawn but the poor girls had to be pts

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 12:39:13 PM »
I'm very seriously considering ringing if there'd be any chance of help with transporting down here.... :shy:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 12:37:20 PM »
I work in Warrington so could help with some transport if needed.

Why does it have to be near here, and also Oriental cats which I love - far too tempting!  :Luv:

(At least if I help transport I can coo at the cats in the car  :evillaugh: )
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 12:40:03 PM by Cheesecat »
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 11:22:27 AM »
Again, I am out of area (Leicester) but will help with transport if you are able to rehome any in or behond my area.

Link to CatChat