Author Topic: Going outside  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Going outside
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 17:05:37 PM »
even if you are there I still wouldn't let her out till she is spayed, one of mine came into season very young and if I'd have let her she would have been off like a shot, its not worth the risk

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 17:02:47 PM »
Its easy for a kitten to scale a fence way quicker than a human so imo not til shes been done.

If kittens do escape its easier for them to get lost  :(

If you do take her out whilst shes small get her microchipped and a safety release collar, if someone found her they would think shes a stray as ickle ones shouldnt be out.
Somebody passing wouldnt neccessarily then see the poster campaign put out to find her.

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 08:41:16 AM »
I aint that stupid or irresponsible.

I didn't think you were, sorry if I offended you.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 07:13:12 AM »
When i mean outside i mean in my garden with me with her. I wouldnt let her wander. I aint that stupid or irresponsible.

Hi Catalyst, 

As you didn't state this at the start of the thread its natural people would advise based on the initial post only.  Best to always try to put more info, makes it easier for people to give advice. ;)

As to your question, ideally, Lucy's advise is right. Keep her in until she has been spayed. If that is not something you can do then definitely only after vaccinations and worming, make sure she's had her flea treatment as well for kittens. Maybe get her a harness so that she gets used to going out with you but you can control her movements. If she can't fit into a harness yet then consider waiting until she's a bit older and bigger.

The closer she gets to calling age, ie spaying age, then the harder it will be to confine her until she gets the op.

Offline catalyst

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Milo and Pagan
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 23:58:20 PM »
When i mean outside i mean in my garden with me with her. I wouldnt let her wander. I aint that stupid or irresponsible.

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 23:11:44 PM »
You need to keep her inside until she is spayed (at 5 to 6 months old).

Offline catalyst

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Milo and Pagan
Going outside
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 22:57:16 PM »
When can Pagan begin to go outside and let off steam? Obviously after vaccines and stuff. Im so used to farm kittens that were left to roam!

Link to CatChat