Author Topic: I just had to laugh  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: I just had to laugh
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 20:56:44 PM »
Yup do the dog walking with a 25kg Border Collie nightly, this morning Jazz the JRT decided to chase a pigeon before going in the the run - me attahced to extension lead duly followed at pace attached to Border Collie thankgod the shoes were flat and she stopped when I yelled or I was in a pond in the woods not the best thought at 7.20am let me tell you!!!!

The cat thing does help - when they thing a lying down human is a jump point - note it is usually the large 15lb+ boys :shocked:

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
I just had to laugh
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 15:04:11 PM »
Hi folks,

I was reading a posting on Cat Chat entitled "Being a cat owner (general slave) is good for your heart" in which the study claimed that

"A WebMD news report said, compared with cat owners, people who never had a pet cat were 40 percent more likely to die of a heart attack and 30 percent more likely to die of any cardiovascular disease, including stroke, heart failure, and chronic heart disease.

and

"The angle of pet ownership was examined on the tail of recent research indicating pets reduce stress. Apparently they did not make the same connection to improved health with the respondents who only had dogs

I'm not suprised, if I had a Great Dane to pull me around the block for "walkies" every night I think I'd have a coronory!  ;D

Cheers

Leigh

PS. I wonder if they'd still think the same if they had habitually experienced 15lb of Frankie landing on them on the settee after a flying jump.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 15:10:48 PM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Link to CatChat