Author Topic: Blip's bottom  (Read 7349 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Blips bottom
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 11:57:03 AM »
Just read this.  Fingers crossed it's nothing to worry about.  Lots of  :hug: for you and Blip.  Jaffa is concerned and sends lots of gentle headbutts to Blip  :Luv: :Luv:

Good luck at the vets

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 08:45:32 AM »
Best of luck for Blip at the vet's today.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 08:41:24 AM »
Aw..!  :scared:

Let us know the outcome. That's an odd one.  :shify:

It doesn't sound too serious, though. Just annoying.  :tired:

Good luck!  :wow:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 08:22:32 AM »
Good luck today C & Blip  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 08:18:43 AM »
Good luck with her today
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 06:57:02 AM »
Morning Christine.  Just sending an early morning hug to the sock cupboard for the beautiful Blip, and hoping the vet can sort out what this worrisome business is all about.  Hug to you too, and Paddy says "ppppprrrrfpt!"  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 23:04:22 PM »
Hope Blip is Ok and I have a sorta similiar thing with Sasa, so will be keen to know what the vet says.

I need to catch Sasa to go for boosters so will have her checked at same time. Sadly locked her in greenhouse again tonight grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, so catching is not getting any closer!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 21:25:10 PM »
Aye, that she is Teresa.   :Luv:

A :cuddle: for her Blipness, Christine and a  :hug: for you, I know it will worry you until you get her to her V.E.T.

Lexy sends a pprrrffft to her mate.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 21:09:56 PM »
Christine don`t worry about anal glands they are easily sorted  :hug: Should have realised that Blip is too much of a lady to skidmark :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 21:04:14 PM »
Think the food change may be down to the warmer weather,but its possible she is not taking enough liquid on board to compensate for missing the wet food; just maybe she has been dragging bottom doing skiddums if you know what I mean ( like Pedro).

Yes, it could be so - although she is normally a good drinker - but I can say with absolute confidence that she hasnt been dragging her bottom along at all.  Nor does she clean it excessively (she always cleans assiduously).

I was wondering if it could be a blocked anal gland, as you suggested  :scared:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 20:58:37 PM »
Think the food change may be down to the warmer weather,but its possible she is not taking enough liquid on board to compensate for missing the wet food; just maybe she has been dragging bottom doing skiddums if you know what I mean ( like Pedro).

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 20:52:07 PM »
Could be anal glands that need emptying but am wondering if the beautiful Blip drinks enough to cope with the preference for dry food.

That is the strange thing, Teresa.  She normally eats only a few kibbles a day (Royal Canin Mature), chomps cheerfully through a couple of pouches of wet and drinks a little fresh water every day, without fail.

All that is the same except she is favouring her kibbles over her pouches for the last week or so (I am throwing away a lot of the wet food, suddenly) and now has this grey hair patch on her bottom.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 20:47:26 PM »
Could be anal glands that need emptying but am wondering if the beautiful Blip drinks enough to cope with the preference for dry food.
Hopefully its nothing to worry about. :hug:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 20:39:00 PM »

Odd, perplexing and a little worrying...

:hug:

Hope it turns out to be nothing to worry about.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 20:36:46 PM »
 :thanks: folks.

Blip is superb at grooming - she is clean even by feline standards.  It is definitely not old hair - the hair itself is soft and silky.  Just grey-looking.  And it comes out when I try to clean it (at first I thought it was dusty).

I was wondering if it might be a blocked anal gland.  Anyway, we shall have it checked out tomorrow.

She has been a bit off her food, but in a strange way: she is keener to eat her dry food than her wet (not like her at all).  So she is taking in sufficient nourishment, but in a different form.

Odd, perplexing and a little worrying...

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 20:15:33 PM »
Is she good at grooming? Sounds like old dead hair.
As theres a swelling i would have that looked at

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 20:10:34 PM »
Am not sure what that could be Christine.  But sending a little chin rub for Blip, and hope it's nothing to give cause for concern.  :hug:

Offline cat_dreams

• Kitten
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 20:06:25 PM »
is there a lump there? if so is it like matted fur or does it feel fleshy? if its not bothering her at the moment i would wait till you get her checked tomorrow but im not really sure what it could be

whatever it is im sure it'll be sorted out tomorrow  :)

katie xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Blip's bottom
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 19:39:21 PM »
Apologies for the uncharacteristically inelegant subject line.

The last couple of days I have noticed that the fur on a small patch of Blips haunch, at the base of her tail and near to her anus - where her bottom would be if she were a human - looks slightly grey.  The hair also comes out too readily.  I think there is possibly a slight swelling under there.

I shall pop along to her friendly personal medical adviser tomorrow but does anyone have any idea what this might be?  She does not seem bothered by it but is under stress at the moment because of nearby foxes.

:thanks:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 14:09:25 PM by Christine (Blip) »

Link to CatChat