Author Topic: Hi (as a change from Hello!)  (Read 5512 times)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Re: Hi (as a change from Hello!)
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 15:18:41 PM »
She is lovely and a big welcome to purrs x
Caroline xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 17:50:07 PM »
You sneaky lady  :sneaky: :evillaugh:

Offline June - G

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 19:04:47 PM »
I smuggled some Hill's into half a tray of Sheba and it was found acceptable!    ;)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 18:30:14 PM »
Common after being rehomed, would be worth trying her again

Offline June - G

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 22:56:09 PM »
Go cat is bad for the waist line, a measured portion of hills with some wet food would be much better for her figure  ;D

After a couple of days on hunger strike, I simply wanted her to eat something, anything! She's always been fed dried food and doesn't seem interested in anything else.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 22:20:46 PM »
Go cat is bad for the waist line, a measured portion of hills with some wet food would be much better for her figure  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 22:14:33 PM »
Ahhh bless her ... sounds lilke she is very happy and low maintenance (mind you after a 'mese anything is low maintenance!  :rofl: ).

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline June - G

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 21:30:00 PM »
Amazingly well. She's a very laid back lady. All my previous cats have been full, half or quarter Siamese; this is my first close encounter with a moggie and she's very easy on the system. I was worried that she wasn't eating but she's scoffed a bowl of dried food this evening. Being a bit overweight, her previous owner brought a bag of Hill's Science Diet food but she seems to prefer ordinary old GoCat. I might try and get her on to an occasional plate of wet food as well. My main worry was that she wouldn't adapt to staying indoors but she doesn't seem at all bothered. She enjoys being fussed and groomed but has so far refused to sit on my lap! Still, it's early days.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 21:00:29 PM »
Hi June,

How's "BMF" settling in?

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 18:28:27 PM »
Think you're right Sam - they all suit her!   Love the first photo.  How could you not?!  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 16:13:45 PM »
I think you should keep ALL her names June - "Babe Mystery Fattipuss" ... definitely a show name if ever I saw one.

I'm so pleased she is settling in well and obviously has you well trained already.

She is a gorgeous girl and it's seasy to see why you fell for her.

Offline June - G

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 15:22:52 PM »
:welcome: to Purrs June..... :)

Are you the lucky new owner of fattipuss?  ;D

Yes! It was love at first sight.   :Luv2:  Her real name was Mystery. It's now Babe, because that's what she is; an absolute babe. She only arrived yesterday and already is firmly in charge. I know my place.  :bow:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 11:27:52 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs June..... :)

Are you the lucky new owner of fattipuss?  ;D

Offline June - G

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 11:01:11 AM »
I haven't got a camera at the moment but there are the original pics that I fell for on this thread:  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,15957.0.html

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 10:52:02 AM »
ooooh how exciting a new baby already.  As the others have said we need to see pics of her.

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 10:05:55 AM »
Hi June and  :welcome: to purrs.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds as though they all had a lovely life with you though.

And how exciting you've already got a new furry  :Luv:. Looking forward to seeing some piccies!!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 08:28:02 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl:  Piccies....?  Details?  Name?   :evillaugh:

Exactly - no such thing as a "replacement" but there is such a thing as a new friend waiting to be made.  Each and every one of them is special.  :hug:

Offline June - G

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 08:24:02 AM »
Thank you for all the lovely welcomes. I'm so glad I found Purrs; I'd only been signed up for a day when I spotted an adorable mog in the rehoming section. She arrived yesterday and seems to be settling in. You can never replace the ones you've lost but just shuffle them along to make room for the new ones in your heart.  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 07:24:21 AM »
Hello June.  A big welcome to Purrs, and thanks for posting the pictures of your beautiful girls.  Very sad that you've lost them, but so glad you're considering another cat to keep you company.  Take whatever time you need but be prepared for any eventuality.  Cats have a way of picking us, rather than the other way round, as you know doubt know anyway!   :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 09:00:25 AM »
Hi June

The little cat in question probably wants to be an only cat and acts up because of it. Stress can be demonstrated in many forms and that might just be why she might seem like a handful ;)

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 07:22:11 AM »
I hope you find another soon, there are so many out there that need a good home like yours.
Do you think you will get a kitten or an adult rescue.
I just love kittens and would love another to add to my menagerie but Craig would leave me.  He says he is working just to keep all my animals in the lap of luxury. (why does he think i keep him. lol)

Offline June - G

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 20:02:07 PM »
June,

Would you be interested in a White Female Cat???? http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,16478.0.html

She sounds like a bit of a handful!   :Crazy: 

Here are Maggie, Katie and Layla. Had some lovely memories while I was checking these out.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 18:01:38 PM »
June,

Would you be interested in a White Female Cat???? http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,16478.0.html

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 17:08:27 PM »
Hello, welcome to the west London posse (I am ealing!). Sorry to hear about Maggie, she sounds full of personality!  I hope you find a new friend soon.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 17:07:43 PM »
Hi June  :welcome: to Purrs,

I'm sorry you found us under such sad circumstances  :hug: Maggie sounds like a real character - a siamese tortie ... I would imagine the word "spirited" could be applied to her  :evillaugh: (Would love to see pics of her, Katie and Layla).

You've definitely come to the right place to find a new friend or two (feline and human  ;) ).  Have you had a look at the CatChat pages to see if there are any special little furries needing a home who are currently residing at your local rescues?  Follow the link and click on the map to find your local rescues: http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

Looking forward to chatting more and good luck in your search.

All the best

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 16:29:21 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, June.  I am sorry to hear of your loss and wish you all the best in your search for a new friend.

I am in Fulham, by the way, so in west London too.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline June - G

• Adult Cat
Hi (as a change from Hello!)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 16:25:49 PM »
My name is June and I'm a cataholic. I live in west London and am currently without a cat, since I lost my darling 19-year-old Maggie a few days ago. I hope to remedy that sad situation as soon as possible, which is how I came across this lovely meeting place. I've owned several cats over the years and acquired Maggie in 1989. Her aristocratic mum had an illicit affair with a ginger tom and the result was a dark tortie Siamese-shaped beauty. She must have inherited her mother's flirtatious nature because she managed to escape before I could have her spayed. She spent a weekend scandalising the neighbourhood, cavorting with two scruffy old toms, and duly presented me with six assorted kittens. I found homes for four and kept a tortie/white (Katie) and a black/white (Layla). Katie left us when she was 14 and we lost Layla last year. Now Maggie has gone and I can't believe how much I miss her. I shall be trawling the rehoning section, not for a 'replacement', but for another friend. 

Link to CatChat