Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Hello
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 13:13:09 PM »
Tina, the babies' stories are amazing.  Particularly love how you ended up with Moomoo  ;)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 13:09:27 PM »
I am still finding my way around the forum and i love what i see. ;)
Sorry if im starting topics that have been done before and also sorry for too much opinion in some of the others. :doh:

I think the important topics are always worth revisiting, as new people are joining all the time and some things can't be emphasised too often  :)

Opinions and robust debate are totally welcome on here: it's part of the fun  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 09:59:16 AM »
Hi Tina and  :welcome:.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more about your furry, feathery family  :Luv:

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 08:37:10 AM »
Well where do i begin.
I had a cat called Hattie who got killed outside my house by one of the neighbours backing up.  She left me 4 Kittens who were about 8 weeks old at the time

The kittens
Sonic got his name by rolling down my partners leg in a ball when he was a tiny little thing,  he looked just like the computer game thingy.  Once we had stoped laughing it was decided to call him sonic.  What a charactor he is, he plays fetch and has an addiction to a milk bottle top which he carries around and drops on your lap when you are eating your tea.

Tattycat was so sleek and kept himself really clean so we named him the worst name he could have wished for.  He is a loving and very independent cat.  If he sees strangers coming into the house he stands at the lounge window staring at them so he does not miss anything.

The other brother is Choo, he is so soft and big he looks like a snowball when he is curled up.  He has a bit of a sad story because when the kittens were born i kept sonic and tattycat and gave Choo and James the other brother to a neighbour.   She doted on them and looked after them wonderfully but a couple of years later she died (only 42) and her husband who was much older took to drink and got taken into a home so i got choo back. 
James got killed in a road accident when he only about a year old.

Moomoo started off as Mitsey but over the years that has just changed.
When i worked at the RSPCA on the phones at weekend a woman came in with a bundle of ginger fluff in her hand and proceeded to put it on the counter.  The bundle was so tiny it could nearly fit in one hand.  One of the staff picked her up and she went balistic, it was really funny this little bundle of fluff spitting and arching its back, she passed her to me and she stopped spitting and hissing and went inside my coat.  I tried getting her out but she was holding on tight.  She stayed their for the few hours i was there, covered in fleas and in my coat. 
Once she had calmed down she was wormed and flea'd and passed back to me.   I could not leave her there as she was so tiny, so i brought her home and we have been firm friends ever since.  She really does not like people and if my sons go near her she hisses at them.  When my brother visits with his children for a few days we do not see her she dissapears.  That all happened 11 years ago and i love her dearly dispite her unfrendlyness.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 07:17:27 AM »
Hi Tina.  Welcome to Purrs and - wow!  What a family!!   ;D

Would love to hear how your puds acquired their names - wouldn't be bored at all.  And as the others have said, never worry about covering topics that might already have been discussed - there are often so many new things to be learned from others who have experienced similar issues or events. 

Your job and volunteer work sound brilliant.  Feel free to share any anecdotes and stories with us that you'd like to    :)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 22:34:36 PM »
Aw the furbabes are beautiful!  :Luv: :Luv:

Yes agree with Sam you dont have to appologise, wouldnt life be boring if we all had the same thoughts, opinions etc!  ;)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 21:14:37 PM »
No probs matey ... just send any pics through and I can sort them for you.

Also, don't apologies for having an opinion on things .. that's the nice thing about this forum we welcome different views and opinions and no-one is ever ridiculed and sneared at if they have different opinions to the others (as long as it's kept polite and doesn't get personal of course!  ;) ).

As for asking questions that have already been asked ... don't worry about it ... it's better to answer the same question a 100 times if it helps someone out.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 22:41:25 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 20:45:40 PM »
I am still finding my way around the forum and i love what i see. ;)
Sorry if im starting topics that have been done before and also sorry for too much opinion in some of the others. :doh:

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 11:52:18 AM »
Thanks for that, i will send you some of the others when i get them.
Sonic loves sitting in fromt of me when he sees the camera but as soon as i point it at him he closes his eyes.
Sonic and tattycat are brothers and they were born in my bedroom.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 10:39:37 AM »
As promised here are the pics:

Sonic (black and white with his eyes closed  :Luv2: )

Tattycat (White and Torite)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 17:12:16 PM »
If you want to send the pics to me fussy_furball [at] hotmail [dot] com I'll resize and post them for you.

Alternatively have a look at this thread for help: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,13872.0.html

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 14:47:34 PM »
When i try to post the pictures it tells me the file is too big.  Im a real technophobe and hate computers, even though i use one everyday of my life.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 02:22:31 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs..... :)

Could you please post some piccies of your cats, would love to see what they look like!  ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 21:14:57 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Tinamary.  Quite a menagerie you have there - I do hope you find your little cockatiel.

PS I think you will find a ready audience for your cats stories on here  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 21:14:32 PM »
Hi Tina and  :welcome: to Purrs,

ooooh an animal behaviourist .... excellent, you're advice and expertise will be very useful and no doubt we will be calling on you for lots of advice.

Feel free to "bore" us with the stories of Tattycat, Sonic, Moomy and Choo (as if any cat story could be boring!!! ;) )

All the best and look forward to hearing all about your furry and feathery family.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx

Offline Tinamary

• Adult Cat
    • Aviary website
Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 21:08:47 PM »
I thought i had better introduce myself as i have already posted on the lost and found.
My name is Tina I am 46 live with my partner of 28 years and have two grown up sons.
I have 4 adorable and very different cats, Tattycat, Sonic, Moomy and Choo, strange names i know but they all have a story i love to bore you with but won't.
I also have a rabbit, 6 guineas, two (one now) cockatiels, 10 budgies and a grand dog (my sons dog) who lives with us.
I am qualified in animal behaviour and dog train twice a week which i enjoy very much.
I work at the Environment Agency and love it.
I have done lots of work with Lower Moss Wildlife Hospital with wild animals.

You might have noticed that animals take up alot of my life.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 21:10:02 PM by Tinamary »

Link to CatChat