Author Topic: The kittens have arrived  (Read 42995 times)

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
Re: The kittens have arrived
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2008, 20:49:18 PM »
Sam, I have just purchased 2x bags of tigerino nuggies from zoolplus fromthe link below, will the comission automatically go to Purrs? or do i have to do something?

look forward to giving it a go!
Feel the fear and do it anyway!
you don't learn anything until you live it

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2008, 19:21:38 PM »
the vet was really lovely, gave them both antibiotic jabs and a jab which he described as similar to our version of lemsip! also to feed tham sensitive kitten food, which i bought from them.

BTW i don't like catsan it goes everywhere although it seems to keep the smells down, think will try tigerino nuggies, i don'y drive so haven't been up o pets at home mike is back tonight so hopefully tomoz we will take a drive to see what they have.

i hope all your furbabies are ok, have to post some pics..... :shy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2008, 16:42:27 PM »
Poor babies  :( I'm sure they will be just fine, it was probably a reaction to the jabs or wolfing their food down - hope the vet can put your mind at rest. Let us know how they get on  :hug:

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2008, 16:37:32 PM »
am taking them to the vets at 17:10 tonight

Rx

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2008, 07:44:21 AM »
oh dear,  i went downstairs this morning and one of the kittens was sick in the night again, i really don't want to leave them, but they were round my feet this morning waiting for their brekkie, and were eating it fine, although they did not eat as much as usual.

think i will call the vets.

Rxxx

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2008, 22:01:46 PM »
helping me to log onto CatChat!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2008, 14:46:05 PM »
glad they are a bit better

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2008, 13:43:59 PM »
i bumped into the vet nurse who we saw yesterday on my walk home to feed the kittens at lunchtime, i spoke to her about it and she said it is prob because of the jab but keep an eye on them and if they are quite unresponsive and stop eating call them.

i feel loads better now i have spoken to her.

just popped home to feed them and they seem to have not left any presents for me!

Rx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2008, 08:11:11 AM »
Sending a few extra snuzzles to them today  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2008, 08:01:59 AM »
The vet won't mind if you give them a quick call, just to reassure yourself.  :hug:

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2008, 07:51:25 AM »
 :thanks:

woke up this morning, went downstairs to feed them etc but unfortunately one or both of them was sick in the night, the reason i think it could be both is cause it was in a few different places in the kitchen, if it was just one i think it could have been tepe as he wasn't his usual 'round my feet' self. on the bright side they both went nuts over their breakfast and inhaled the lot!

should i ring the vets just to check that it's nothing to worry about? cause just thinking it may have something to do with their jabs yesterday.... or just keep an eye on them?
i hope they are ok today when i am at work.

Rx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2008, 06:58:56 AM »
So pleased they were models of good behaviour at the vet  :)  You should be feeling very proud of yourself as a meowmy!  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2008, 20:51:47 PM »
Zooplus: http://www.zooplus.co.uk/cj/shop/cats  (if you use this link ... of click on the ad at the bottom of the page ... purrs will get commission ... you also get 10% off your first order  ;) )

Tigerino nuggies does seem expensive but it last for ages, clumps well and keeps smells to nothing.  You can read reviews of all the products on the site.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2008, 20:44:50 PM »
where do you get your litter from?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2008, 19:57:45 PM »
I still swear by Tigerino Nuggies cat litter (it's really fine like the catsan stuff but works out cheaper)  ;).

I tried woodbased litter and foxy refused to go in the litter  :innocent:

So pleased they had a good time at the vets and that Mr Vet was impressed with them .. just goes to show you are obviously doing everything right.

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2008, 19:50:04 PM »
Sooooooooooo proud of my furbabies  :Luv:  they were so good at the vets.

i put there carrier in the kitchen this morning with the door open so they could play in it then this afternnon i put their blanket in it and they happily got in it fell asleep and off we walked to the vets, floss was quite the 'cool cat' didn't even flinch with the jab but tepe was quite distressed but soon got over it, they went back in the carrier whilst i was paying and booking the next one,  they had fallen asleep again! hee hee

the vet and the nurse couldn't believe they were the same kittens, really healthy and a lot bigger and very content not like last tuesday.

yippee! give yourselves i big pat on the back because i couln't havegot through this week without any of you  :Luv2:

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2008, 15:55:00 PM »
Mine have a cheap fur mouse that they both love. Everytime I get it out for them one grabs it and runs for the covered tray. Safety I think because everytime the other kitten trys to enter they get greeted by a very loud growl and a light biff teehee. I've has to hand wash it a couple of times now sinced its always covered in used litter  :sick:

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2008, 15:07:07 PM »
thank you for the advice i have done a bit of researc and tesco does look good but have not agreed to anything yet, still going to look around. 

i take them for their first jabs this afternoon, eek!

i am using catsan (not hygiene) because it is so fine they think it is funny to flick loads on the floor because it scatters everywhere and they chase it...contantly sweeping up and they jump in and out of the dust pan then start wrestling again    :Crazy:

also tepe was lying in the tray playing with a ball when i got home today, cheeky monkey   :rofl:

they do keep me entertained

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2008, 19:30:59 PM »
Pet plan or AXA, avoid anything to do with E&L and always get cover for life not 12 months or per condition  ;D

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2008, 11:45:07 AM »
They are sooooo scrummy  :Luv2:

You could try chick crumb for their cat litter, a few of us on here use it and TBH I dont think I could use anything else now - just make sure if you buy it that its the non medicated type.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2008, 07:58:29 AM »
 :evillaugh:  But is a very cute little bottom!    ;D

I tried a few for Paddy and his brother when they were younger.  Flynn would use any kind, he didn't mind, but Paddy prefers the clumping style of litter, so now I tend to stick with Catsan.  There are a few people here who swear by a thing called chick crumb (I think!) which is also supposed to be excellent, but again it might be trial and error to see which your boys prefer.

Bet they'll be brave little soldjas when they go for their jabs.  :)

Aha - posted at the same time as Aunty Roof!  :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2008, 07:55:38 AM »
I use Direct Line, and would change but since Lexy's cystitis and bladder stones are covered under this one I can't move. Its a bit pricey but I would rather keep her comfortable and know I can pay for her treatment.

Petplan has a good rep, and so does Axa I think (or I might be confusing things). If you do a search on the forum for Insurance you will probably find a few threads that have run which gives a good indicator of which ones to use.

I would only say that look for one that offers the pay out x amount per year per illness rather than per illness only.  Most will pay out £6000 per illness per year.. that's worth it.

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2008, 07:53:11 AM »
i will do my research online tonight for insurance, thanks.

tepe's bottom was hanging over the edge of the litter tray this morning whilst i was making my porridge...nice  :sick:

he was meowing loads, i think  they are struggling with the wood based litter, i will go back to the previous one.  i was trying out different ones, one tray with normal gravel type one and the other with a wood based one, they have only been doing number 1's in the wood one so back to the normal, also i ran out of the the normal one so had to top that tray up with wood and tepe struggled.

just out of interest do you use for kitten's.

i hate leaving them to go to work but on tuesdays i am able to go home at lunch so it will only be a few hours before i see them again, they are currently wrestling each other.

they have their jab tomorrow, eek!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2008, 07:07:18 AM »
Rhiannon, your little babies are sooooo gorgeous!  I wouldn't be able to leave them alone.  :evillaugh:  They look happy, healthy and full of mischief - exactly how you want your cats to be.

Pet Insurance.  This one crops up often, and the pet insurance premiums vary because of so many different factors that it's really best to shop around and to see what's the very best cover you can get for your money.  Some policies have a limit on what they will pay out - ie, ours won't pay out for dental treatment, and won't pay out more than £1,000 for any one illness (I won't make that mistake again) whereas some will insure against an illness for the whole lifetime of the policy. 

We're with Petplan for Tess, and they've been okay although they are a bit pricey.  Am with Petsafe for Paddy.  They were cheap initially, especially as he was a senior kittizen when I first took their policy on, but because they put a ceiling on how much they'll cover for an illness I shot myself in the foot a bit with that one!

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2008, 22:53:34 PM »
do you have any advice on pet insurance?

i heard PetPlan is quite expensive and a friend of mine uses tesco and she thinks they are really good. 

who do you all use?????

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2008, 21:53:00 PM »
i love them soooooo much.

feel free to offer to cat sit!!!!!!!!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2008, 21:47:39 PM »
OMG I'm in love they are soooo cute.

As Ruth says I wouldn't worry too much about them not drinking much.  If you want you can try a different bowl (cats don't like drinking from things if they can see their own reflection in the bowl apparently) so a white china bowl is preferable to a dark coloured one!

But as long as they are peeing I'm sure they are fine.

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2008, 21:40:43 PM »
fraid not sweetie, they are all mine!  :Luv:

these pics are from late last night before bed....

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2008, 21:20:22 PM »
As long as you have fresh down regularly its fine. The wet food they eat has a lot of moisture so provided they're peeing its ok.

Cats are not natural drinkers so don't worry too much about it, providing they're toiletting the way they should.

Now please pack kitten in 2nd photo is bag and ship to me please..  :naughty:

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2008, 21:16:44 PM »
Glad i could help you get your kitten fix!   :rofl:

i introduced them to the hall and stairs this evening they couldn't get up them quick enough! cheeky monkey's.

can i just ask whether or not i should be concerned cause they don't seem to be drinking any water...i held the water bowl up to tepe's mouth and he took a few laps but dismissed it really and floss wasn't at all interested, i put fresh out every morning and evening but it doesn't seem to go down at all.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2008, 19:30:05 PM »
About time!!!!
:P

Lush lush lush, that top one is sooooo cute!!!

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2008, 19:27:14 PM »
 ;D i was up really earlythis morning and posted some on the cat gallery and some of me on the owners gallery.

do not worry i will be posting many many more, i ama bit snap happy.....

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2008, 07:48:38 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  Quick, Rhiannon - think you'd better post more photies.  She'll not stop, else!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2008, 07:26:41 AM »
 :waiting: want more photies... want more photies... want more photies.... want more photies.....want more photies..... (quick.. its the only way to get me to stop... post more photies..!!!) want more photies... want more photies..!!!!!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2008, 07:20:34 AM »
Love the piccie Rhiannon!  :)

As Sam says, I wouldn't worry about the sneezing unless they show other signs of being off-colour, such as their eyes being sore, runny or the third eyelid coming across, or if they have upset tums and are listless. 

They don't sounds like they're listless - they sound like they're being typical explorer kitties!  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2008, 17:54:40 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: Ahh I'm so glad they are finally showing an interest in you.

I wouldn't worry too much about the sneezing ... they have probably just had their noses in a dusty corner (not doubting your cleaning abilities at all  ;) ).

If they develop runny eyes or start to show any other signs of illness I would of course get them off to the vet ASAP.

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2008, 17:20:22 PM »
the kitten's are doing really well, i am so proud of them for being so brave to leave their mummy.  :Luv2:

they have been sneezing quite a bit yesterday and today, is that just dust etc or should i be worried.

Rhiannon x

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2008, 21:48:33 PM »
What a pair of cuties  :Luv:
Kittens are so sweet...and so demanding! Sounds like you're doing a great job  ;D

Offline toothfairy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Floss & Tepe
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2008, 21:12:21 PM »
you were right all along...it just takes time and for me to be patient.

i love them so much

xxx :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2008, 19:59:04 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2:  See?  They loves their meowmy already!

Link to CatChat